Belal TKO Brady is one of the best WW wins of this era....

Belal's style is not a great watch, no. His fight against Brady was probably more exciting than the rest of his UFC career combined (I'm kidding). I also am occasionally lukewarm toward his personality, as he always seems to be trying a bit harder than he needs to and getting overly defensive about things... but then I also see the shit he has to deal with in the MMA community and I cut him a bit of slack because I realize there's a reason he acts this way. Besides, I'm not a fan who generally gives a flying fuck about WWE-style marketing or outside-the-cage gimmicks. Do your work inside the cage and work your way up and you're fine by me.

As such, regardless of how boring or sometimes annoying I may find Belal... I have been campaigning for his title shot for quite some time now. He has proven me wrong every time I picked against him and done me proud when I trusted him. He is far and away one of the most proven fighters in the title picture at 170 at this moment and he's becoming harder and harder to deny.

Belal's style is not a great watch, no. His fight against Brady was probably more exciting than the rest of his UFC career combined (I'm kidding). I also am occasionally lukewarm toward his personality, as he always seems to be trying a bit harder than he needs to and getting overly defensive about things... but then I also see the shit he has to deal with in the MMA community and I cut him a bit of slack because I realize there's a reason he acts this way. Besides, I'm not a fan who generally gives a flying fuck about WWE-style marketing or outside-the-cage gimmicks. Do your work inside the cage and work your way up and you're fine by me.

As such, regardless of how boring or sometimes annoying I may find Belal... I have been campaigning for his title shot for quite some time now. He has proven me wrong every time I picked against him and done me proud when I trusted him. He is far and away one of the most proven fighters in the title picture at 170 at this moment and he's becoming harder and harder to deny.

His UFC debut was a great fight too. Won FOTN. Belal showed a ton of heart. Jouban was beating him up bad early, nearly finished him but he came back and put it on Jouban late. Unfortunately most of his career fights since has been boring.

His UFC debut was a great fight too. Won FOTN. Belal showed a ton of heart. Jouban was beating him up bad early, nearly finished him but he came back and put it on Jouban late. Unfortunately most of his career fights since has been boring.

Yeah, been a long time since I saw that one. Belal has really leveled up since then. He had to show a lot of that same heart against Geoff Neal, too.

News flash, Colby is boring as fuck, and also has a shit resume to boot. Belal’s fighting style does not explain the level of hate he gets.
Colby is one of the most hated fighters in the UFC....what are you talking about?

Colby gets plenty of hate too.

And much of it is due to his political views.

Doesn't make his haters bigots.
No, cuz they're usually his fans in he first place.

Funny how blind you are that the first two lines prove the point against you. Getting hate for non-mma reasons. It happens.

I dont like Belal (dont have a weird hatred for him like some do either) but this was a legit win.... Brady 15-0, the favorite and Belal somehow got a knockout too when he cant normally finish a sandwich,

Besides Kamaru and Leon, what other WW in this era has a better win that that?

Colby and Burns have beat up dudes pushing 40. Burns himself was a good win for Khamzat but Belal beat him too. You look at the other top WWs, they dont have a win this good against prime comp.

Kelvin looked in FANTASTIC shape. Had visible abs for once and made 170 which was shocking. Brady ran through him. He is probably best grappler @ WW. Craig Jones couldnt submit him.....
I may be wrong ofc, but i dont remember another finish for Belal except this one. Was it a good win? yes. I dont think he wins a rematch, tho. These abu dhabi fights, you know.

Belal gets undue hate for non MMA reasons. People are bigots sadly.
Bigots? Maybe I'm wrong, but the hatred always seems to be based on his personality and fighting style. For me, it's the cringey personality first, fighting style second. What's his religion or race got to do with it and where have you seen it?

News flash, people hate Colby. Even before he talked all that shit.
Colby has lots of fans and lots of haters. But he's earned the haters because he plays a heel, is inactive, and is benefiting from favoritism. Belal has almost all haters, and he does not have Colby's baggage. He's super active, he takes the tough fights others won't, and he's being screwed out of a TS even though he's deserving. Usually fans rally around fighters who've earned the TS but aren't treated fairly (Oliveira, Beneil, Tony, etc) but this isn't the case with Belal.

Colby is one of the most hated fighters in the UFC....what are you talking about?
He's both loved and hated. And the point is he's earned the hatred in a way that Belal hasn't for a whole bunch of reasons (heel, politics, shitty resume, favortism, etc.).

It’s amazing how many people wrote Brady off after that fight because they didn’t want to admit how good Belal is

Brady is unproven. His striking is not very good. Every WW title fight win was a better win imo.

News flash, Colby is boring as fuck, and also has a shit resume to boot. Belal’s fighting style does not explain the level of hate he gets.
I don't know shit about politics, I literally dont even know what is going on with Palestine etc and don't care, I don't like the guy because I can't stand the guy's personality, I don't give a shit how good he is and what winstreak he's on, I just don't like him that's my reason, why does there have to be some conspiracy or deep reason every time a guy gets hate, he's just annoying that's all there is to it

You misunderstood his point.

He is saying Belal is boring outside the cage.

Welcome to today's MMA.

You misunderstood his point.

He is saying Belal is boring outside the cage.

Welcome to today's MMA.
Thats an even worse argument lol. The vast majority of fighters are "boring" outside the cage, most of them even more boring than Belal. Leon Edwards has got to be the driest personality that ever graced the city of Birmingham.

He's both loved and hated. And the point is he's earned the hatred in a way that Belal hasn't for a whole bunch of reasons (heel, politics, shitty resume, favortism, etc.).
Colby Covington is a "bad guy", he is not "loved" except by a tiny minority of MAGA type of fans - if that.

It is strange to cite Colby as if he is a popular fighter when he is not.

The difference between Colby and Belal is that people do not care about Belal. That isn't the same thing as being loved or popular. Colby made himself relevant, Belal never gave people a reason to care about him.

He gets hate because he's boring inside and outside the cage. He's very skilled though. A modern day Jon Fitch.

And even if due to racism only Muslims liked him, he would still be a superstar. They find him boring too though, and rightfully so if you have fighters like Makachev.

Back