Bellator 158 averaged 556k viewers.

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The lowest ever Saturday Bellator rating under Coker

Bellator doing TERRIBLE ratings this year......

I doubt the Bend event on August is gonna do well

Tape delayed sports broadcasts are GARBAGE.

YUGE. The Coker train cannot be stopped.

I agree. But the ratings should have still been higher than that. This is concerning for sure.

What me personally concerns is, that I didn't even give a fuck about this card, because with all the spoilers (even on their youtube channel) and lame UK broadcast which was also kind of delayed, it just didn't feel right and pissed me off.

The #2 promotion in the world fails to interest me despite having some good names on the card and I also watch TPF level cards if my studies/time allow it. Let that sink in. Maybe I'm spoilt.

Last edited:
It was a decent card.

The old short term gain (freak shows that REAL fans think are a joke) and long term fail (REAL fans not being as interested in the product).

Yeah im a bellator dieharc and even i didnt watch this cause i accidently spoiled the whole card not realizing it was live , ya know because even bellator was calling it bellator live

What me personally concerns is, that I didn't even give a fuck about this card, because with all the spoilers (even on their youtube channel) and lame UK broadcast which was also kind of delayed, it just didn't feel right and pissed me off.

The #2 promotion in the world fails to interest me despite having some good names on the card and I also watch TPF level cards if my studies/time allow it. Let that sink in. Maybe I'm spoilt.

I used to have to work on Saturdays although I am an avid college football fan. I have just gotten used to the art of shutting off all forms of social media to avoid spoilers if something seems worthy. I had to do that for this. It is annoying though, but i don't enjoy sports I know the outcome to ahead of time.

The tape delay and announcing the results before people saw the fights certainly didn't help. Not sure who's idea that was but they should be fired.

It's almost like they tried to have low viewership.

Tape delayed sports broadcasts are GARBAGE.
Seriously I am a huge MMA fan but just watch Bellator cards in the background the day after, because they are tape delayed on the West Coast EVERY TIME if you have Comcast, it's just retarded. I'm not going to stay off the internet all Friday night to miss spoilers.

Coker fucked Bellator man, I used to love the seasons and having a card every week. Now the cards are the same quality as they were under Rebney except now there's more shitty freakshow fights and the cards happen much less. Coker is the worst.

Seriously I am a huge MMA fan but just watch Bellator cards in the background the day after, because they are tape delayed on the West Coast EVERY TIME if you have Comcast, it's just retarded. I'm not going to stay off the internet all Friday night to miss spoilers.

Coker fucked Bellator man, I used to love the seasons and having a card every week. Now the cards are the same quality as they were under Rebney except now there's more shitty freakshow fights and the cards happen much less. Coker is the worst.

Don't blame Coker for this. They got get rid of Rebney because he didn't see eye to eye with the execs. The execs didn't bring in Coker so they could listen to his ideas they brought in Coker to be the face of the company while they set up their own ideas. This is what we are witnessing and Coker is trying to do the best he can I'm sure.

Don't blame Coker for this. They got get rid of Rebney because he didn't see eye to eye with the execs. The execs didn't bring in Coker so they could listen to his ideas they brought in Coker to be the face of the company while they set up their own ideas. This is what we are witnessing and Coker is trying to do the best he can I'm sure.
Let's say what you say is true, why should I respect a guy who took a job to be a corporate puppet for cash? Just as bad if not worse than him fucking up the organization himself.

Thats bad, its been a bad year for Bellator, no momentum, Kimbo was only one who could pop a big number and he's gone.

Bendo, Meathead and Josh signings did nothing to boost ratings. Ratings are going down for these shows, not a good sign.

Think this means Tito vs Ken 4/

They are doing so bad that they are co-promoting with boxing now.

Let's say what you say is true, why should I respect a guy who took a job to be a corporate puppet for cash? Just as bad if not worse than him fucking up the organization himself.

Not saying you should respect him but at the end of the day I don't blame him. He wants to make money and be in an industry he clearly loves. He might also be hoping that once Spike fails at trying whatever it is they are trying to do that maybe they will listen to him a bit more? Hell maybe Coker is just taking the money in hopes that once Bellator falls he can open his own promotion and get all the Bellator fighters. Don't really know why he would do this but we all need to eat and if someone is willing to pay you to do what you love (even if it's not the perfect position) it would be pretty dumb not to take it.

Watched it live on TV and enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than Lesnar and Cormier lay & pray in UFC200.

Watched it live on TV and enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than Lesnar and Cormier lay & pray in UFC200.

Thats why its a shame the ratings suck. When you have an exciting event like that it can start to plant the seed of doubt in MMA fans of "wait.. Why am i paying $60 for those other cards again?" but if no one tunes in to watch the level of the cards excitement won't make any difference.

Back