Bellator 170: Tito vs Chael

How are people betting Ortiz? The last 2 times he fought pure wrestlers, he got mauled. Rashad took him down at will before beating the living death out of Tito, and Tito lost to Matt fucking Hamill. Tito has 2 legit wins in 10 years. Schlemenko (I don't really remember the fight, but it was a first round sub) and Ken Shamrock in 2006. I thought Bonnar won too, and everybody has seen his fight with Bader. Bader beats Tito 99/100 times.

I'm smashing Chael in this one.

Chael -210
Daley -120
Karakhanyan -130
Anderson -230

$300 parlay to win $1760.99

I don't have the balls to bet on Kato. Too many unknowns about his JJ or how he does off of his back for me, or how well Gracie can defend himself standing up.

Ortiz + Gracie returns a sick amount... get er done. 1u

How are people betting Ortiz? The last 2 times he fought pure wrestlers, he got mauled. Rashad took him down at will before beating the living death out of Tito, and Tito lost to Matt fucking Hamill. Tito has 2 legit wins in 10 years. Schlemenko (I don't really remember the fight, but it was a first round sub) and Ken Shamrock in 2006. I thought Bonnar won too, and everybody has seen his fight with Bader. Bader beats Tito 99/100 times.

Chael -210
Daley -120
Karakhanyan -130
Anderson -230

I don't have the balls to bet on Kato. Too many unknowns about his JJ or how he does off of his back for me, or how well Gracie can defend himself standing up.

Chael is a 185lber, is off the sauce, looks terrible physically, hasnt fought for 3 years and tito is neary 2-1 dog. Of course its risky but sonnen -200 no thanks

Chael -210
Daley -120
Karakhanyan -130
Anderson -230

+185
size advantage
3 years since chael fought where he got smashed by rashad even faster then tito did :)

those are reasons enough for me

edit; sham beat me to it :D

+185
size advantage
3 years since chael fought where he got smashed by rashad even faster then tito did :)

those are reasons enough for me

edit; sham beat me to it :D
Chael not having to cut any weight is a big advantage too. Smash "fight goes to 3 round decision" too.

Alot of the fighters weighed in with pants and didn't see anybody rehydrating at the stage, did they have an early weigh in?

yea that's what i thought happened

How are people betting Ortiz? The last 2 times he fought pure wrestlers, he got mauled. Rashad took him down at will before beating the living death out of Tito, and Tito lost to Matt fucking Hamill. Tito has 2 legit wins in 10 years. Schlemenko (I don't really remember the fight, but it was a first round sub) and Ken Shamrock in 2006. I thought Bonnar won too, and everybody has seen his fight with Bader. Bader beats Tito 99/100 times..

you're asking too many questions about a +180ish guy and not asking ENOUGH questions about a -200ish guy

tbh I wouldn't take either guy as a favourite. If Chael was +150 then I would have to hit that. This is wmma level of craziness at play.

Does the main card start 9pm ET? How many fights are on main card?

I think I'm going to go get checked for brain damage after locking in a full unit on Tito Ortiz in 2017.
By that standard I'm already completely brain dead with almost 3½ units on Tito in 2017.

Im fucking big on Tito. Had to take advantage of that +180 moneyline before it drops, which it will

1u Daley -110
1u Kato round 1 -125
0.5u Sanchez decision +200

Tito has won in R1 in 11 out of his 12 finishes (11 out of 18 total wins). The only other one was his end of the R3 corner stoppage of Ken Shamrock

0.5u Tito R1 +1375... Lets go!! lol

Reason 6771 why I'm a moron: most of my bet on Gracie is at +175. <mma1>

Granted I barely know anything about Ralek Gracie, I don't really know how anybody can be betting Kato over -300. If I was forced to pick a side, I would easily pick Gracie +285. Kato just reminds me of a fighter that shouldn't really be favored by much more than 50% every fight. He has shown holes and still has a few question marks

Incoming spectacular Kato R1 finish

I like Paul Daley here around evens. I originally wanted Ward around +200 and bet him small at +160, but I switched sides to Paul in the -110 area. Paul looked good for him during the weigh ins and I believe this type of fight stylistically favors him. Plus he has fought and beat way better competition. Yeah, Ward has looked pretty damn good recently, but against who? Since back-to-back losses against Alexander Shlemenko and Tandem McCrory, he has went 5-1 with his best win being against an undersized Saad Awad (who fought to a pretty shitty gameplan, iirc) and the lone loss to the washed up Cyborg Santos. Ward also has questionable fight IQ and cardio

Back