Bellator 222 MacDonald vs Gracie

Rory is out! Jon Fitch is in!! I knew this would happen!!! Who ya got Jim?
You can't post something like that without a Tweet embedded for a source or link.

I heard that rumour this morning but not seen anything official?

After the last fight and the weird stuff Rory said, I mentioned that I would likely bet Neiman. But I meant as a big underdog. With such close odds now, I have to give Rory the benefit of the doubt with his greater experience, far better opponents that he has faced & beaten and better striking. Unless you really believe that his will to fight and confidence is truly broken and mindset in a terrible state based on what he said last time and that he never shook those feelings off before he started camp for this fight. Rory also has never been submitted in a fight. I know Neiman is a submission master, but Rory's experience and striking would really have to fail him to get caught or he really doesn't have it any more.

Rory maybe didn't get subbed by Mousasi, but he was absolutely dominated on the ground. Honestly, he looked lost. If Neiman gets him down, I think he'll own him. The big question is if he can get into range.

Rory maybe didn't get subbed by Mousasi, but he was absolutely dominated on the ground. Honestly, he looked lost. If Neiman gets him down, I think he'll own him. The big question is if he can get into range.

Moose is also a full weight class bigger and has vicious GNP, Gracie is solely a jitz sub guy, has no GnP and I have now watched Roger Carroll, Zach Bucia, Javier Torres, and Ed Ruth all survive prolonged periods on the mat with Gracie. This is not a one td and it is over thing unless Rory quits. Gracie's clinch tds are good, but his double is not good at all. The only way he has gotten the clinch in previous fights has been off caught kicks, slips, or using slow ass punches to "set-up" a double than get the body lock. Rory's jab, long straights, and footwork should be more than enough to keep him from acheieving the body lock unless he chooses to play the clinch game with him. This is really a test of Rory's fight IQ and if he wants to fight anymore. Any bet on Gracie is a 100% fade of Rory based on tape, IMO. The striking gap is massive here and we have seen Rory successfully use his range against all but the best chain wrestlers (Fitch, Maia).

Last edited:
Fitch said that a week ago. If it ends up being Fitch vs Gracie who do ya got Jim?
Wrestler vs BJJ master is a fascinating if not exciting matchup in actual practice. I need to see that is a real booking and see actual odds to really have the mental energy to form an opinion on it.

Rory doesn't want to fight anymore. Gracie early

Yeah with Rory's recent comments capping his fights becomes very interesting. I can't remember when someone's personal life could have such a direct effect on how to bet them. The thing is Rory is probably under contract so even if his heart is not in it he still has to fight. I might not bet but very interested to see how this unfolds.

I'd honestly rather see Fitch at this point

Chael ud, final title run for the bad guy from West Linn.

Scott Coker is always one of the best interviews on the promotional side in MMA:

If Rory is super shot, he loses. The line is only so close because of that interview.

Otherwise he wins this fight everywhere. Better & faster striker, better wrestler, good cardio and was never submitted. He could win with top control or by jabbing Neiman.

3.25u Hohy MacDonaldtch

Back