Bellator 234 Kharitonov vs Vassell

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
PHrmjFl.jpg

Reminder- this is another Israel card that is actually happening on Thursday but tape delayed over 24 hours until Friday.

Like all 4 dogs for this event. Rubin is overrated and this fight could be 50 50. Outlaw is favorite but not heavy favorite, value on Huerta. Vanderford is natural WW against big russian MW, value on russian guy. Vassel if put Sergey on the mat hes is in trouble, value on Vassel.

Not a single favorite I'd touch on this one. Huerta is least likely for the upset IMO though.

21 fights is excessive and Sidney Outlaw might be the best name in MMA. That's about all I can add here sadly

This will be a bitch to avoid spoilers on.

Linton Vassell sure looks like he is in great shape in this training footage. Second fight since he moved up to heavyweight. Lost a decision to Valentin Moldavsky when he gassed in round three. Both him and Sergei are 6' 4" but Vassell has an 8 inch reach advantage. Told this interviewer he's made changes in his training and that he'll never gas out again. Also said he will submit Kharitonov. I like the value at +195.

There are no guarantees, but I think it's a good thing that Linton at least acknowledges that he had lost a decision to a very good fighter in a fight he started well in since he faded in round 3!

There are no guarantees, but I think it's a good thing that Linton at least acknowledges that he had lost a decision to a very good fighter in a fight he started well in since he faded in round 3!

Oh, I think there could certainly be value in him.

However, the chances of him never gassing in a fight ever again are about as likely as him destroying Kharitnov, destroying Minakov, destroying Moldavsky in a rematch, destroying Bader in a rematch, then jumping over to the UFC to destroy Miocic and N'Gannou.

Oh, I think there could certainly be value in him.

However, the chances of him never gassing in a fight ever again are about as likely as him destroying Kharitnov, destroying Minakov, destroying Moldavsky in a rematch, destroying Bader in a rematch, then jumping over to the UFC to destroy Miocic and N'Gannou.
Don't need the hyperbole to be accurate, and I would never take an athlete's statement like that literally. However, if what he said is even slightly true and he worked on some new things in training and improved his cardio by fifteen or twenty percent it could make a huge difference in the next fight at least and maybe others too.

After see many Tapes on Bozinyan i like your ground game, good guard, Power in hands. Vandeeford is much small in this fight. Hes favorite but not much. Odds for russian fighter is wide and have great value.

Last edited:
I think I actually favor Vassell here.

I think I actually favor Vassell here.
I made a lot of money with Sergei against both Roy Nelson and Matt Mitrione since he came to Bellator and he's certainly capable of winning this bout against Linton Vassell. I don't know about favorite, but at least closer to even is fair. Whichever side wins, I think that this is one of those bouts where people will say it was the obvious play in hindsight despite the fact that I can see it going either way in advance.

I made a lot of money with Sergei against both Roy Nelson and Matt Mitrione since he came to Bellator and he's certainly capable of winning this bout against Linton Vassell. I don't know about favorite, but at least closer to even is fair. Whichever side wins, I think that this is one of those bouts where people will say it was the obvious play in hindsight despite the fact that I can see it going either way in advance.

I was on Sergei in both of those fights as well. I was actually on Mitrione in their first fight, and switched after I saw how Mitrione reacted in the standup. Honestly though, I think this is a bad matchup for him. With his power and his advantage in striking I still think it is pretty close to 50/50, but the more that I think about it, I don't think Vassell will give him much space to work and I think he gets him down. Vassell is really filling out good for the weight class too.

Weigh-in video quality is pretty bad, some face-off photos:

Back