Bellator 234 Kharitonov vs Vassell

Had bets on Vassell, Huerta and Grachik. Up 1.6u overall.

Vassell hit fine, Grachik looks like he was value at +425, need to see the Huerta fight but +500 seemed like a fairly obvious bet if you actually watched his last fight where he took it to Patricky and stunned him repeatedly before getting put down himself by some huge shots. Guys wikicapped him far too much.

Last edited:
Pretty lame that we are still dealing with tape delays, but it will be entertaining nonetheless to watch to see exactly how the fights went on the way to winning 8.9 units.

Bellator 234 Results
Risk $400.00

Linton Vassell (+195) vs Sergei Kharitonov $200.00 for $390.00= $390.00

Sinead Kavanagh (+250) vs Olga Rubin $200.00 for $500.00= $500.00
-----

Total Profit= $890.00

I think bet365 leaves lines up on purpose sometimes to trap fish who think they're smart and try to abuse it.
Last year i put 80% my Bank on this bet365 lines on purpose after event. I lost my account and this Money. One guy call me by phone and talk much about this. This is bet365 trap!

Vanderford def didn't look like a -500 favorite against Grachik, losing the first round and getting two TD attempts stuffed. With a little more success on the feet in Rd2, Grachik had a really good shot at winning the fight. +425 wasn't a bad bet in hindsight.

Vanderford def didn't look like a -500 favorite against Grachik, losing the first round and getting two TD attempts stuffed. With a little more success on the feet in Rd2, Grachik had a really good shot at winning the fight. +425 wasn't a bad bet in hindsight.

Here's how I described it;

"And yeah, betting on Bozinyan was definitely the correct play. He managed to neutralize Vanderford's wrestling in round 1, and while not particularly dangerous, was a little better in the striking. Round 2 was close, but Vanderford had some success with his leg kicks, then sealed the round with a very neat, high-level takedown. Then, with Bozinyan having a little more striking success in Round 3, Vanderford gets another creative takedown. Bozinyan might have won if he was better at wall-walking, or maybe with another year or two of improvement.

Vanderford looked like more of a -175 than a -475, though, so again, very good value betting on his opponent."

After watching that Gozali fight, it does look a bit suspicious. Didn't look like the sub was really in. I don't know much about Haim's usual behavior, but he also looked strangley disappointed and unhappy even after winning the fight.

After watching that Gozali fight, it does look a bit suspicious.

Eh, a little. However, the fight doesn't make huge sense if it was fixed. Why not give up a choke when Gozali took Pronin down early in the fight and briefly had his back? Why escape a half-dozen sub attempts, some of them reasonable-looking, before then? Why repeatedly stand up from Haim's guard and tax Haim's gas tank as well as expose his poor striking?

Keep in mind that glossy record aside, Pronin almost exclusively fights 0-0 bums from former Soviet republics with dreadfully low MMA. And occasionally, the 0-0 bum will beat him.

Him not knowing how to defend a heel hook would not be shocking. Very similar to Aaron Chalmers tapping to Corey Browning (nice cash for me and the rest of the forum) earlier this year, too.

Also keep in mind that with the MMA fights we know for a fact are fixed, like Takada vs. Coleman, Takada vs. Kerr (although Kerr ultimately won), or Taktarov vs. Macias, it was REALLY obvious, way moreso than this one.

So it's a little suspicious, yes, but nothing definite. Contrary to the Twitter account, the crowd was cheering like crazy for Haim during and after the fight, too.

Didn't look like the sub was really in. I don't know much about Haim's usual behavior, but he also looked strangley disappointed and unhappy even after winning the fight.

That's his usual behavior regardless of situation. He is always very serious and stoic.

Also, Aviv Gozali and Simon Simontritsky, both only 19, are pretty damn legit. Aviv in particular has improved a lot since he debuted a year ago.

Even Adam Keresh, who is 26, is a fairly intriguing heavyweight. Few big guys can kick like that, and while Kiril Sidelnikov's days of being a hyped prospect are long gone, the only other guy who melted him in a minute like that is Sergey Pavlovich.

Eh, a little. However, the fight doesn't make huge sense if it was fixed. Why not give up a choke when Gozali took Pronin down early in the fight and briefly had his back? Why escape a half-dozen sub attempts, some of them reasonable-looking, before then? Why repeatedly stand up from Haim's guard and tax Haim's gas tank as well as expose his poor striking?

Keep in mind that glossy record aside, Pronin almost exclusively fights 0-0 bums from former Soviet republics with dreadfully low MMA. And occasionally, the 0-0 bum will beat him.

Him not knowing how to defend a heel hook would not be shocking. Very similar to Aaron Chalmers tapping to Corey Browning (nice cash for me and the rest of the forum) earlier this year, too.

Also keep in mind that with the MMA fights we know for a fact are fixed, like Takada vs. Coleman, Takada vs. Kerr (although Kerr ultimately won), or Taktarov vs. Macias, it was REALLY obvious, way moreso than this one.

So it's a little suspicious, yes, but nothing definite. Contrary to the Twitter account, the crowd was cheering like crazy for Haim during and after the fight, too.

That's his usual behavior regardless of situation. He is always very serious and stoic.

I agree. It looked suspicious but it wasn't definitive. But a weird looking fight like that alongside the line movement does make it a possibility.

It would've been smarter if he was intending on throwing the fight to let Gozali just take his back and then fight off the hands for a little bit before letting him get the RNC. There's really no play book for throwing fights though. It's not like these guys practice it. So it's also possible that Pronin just fought at 50% early and then just gave up easy as planned. I don't think we will ever know but this goes on the list of potentials in my book.

Man, Roger Huerta's grappling off his back is straight out of 2007, and his overall game has barely changed since then, too.

Outlaw is a very legit fighter. His wrestling and ground game alone makes him a tough out for anyone.

I agree. It looked suspicious but it wasn't definitive. But a weird looking fight like that alongside the line movement does make it a possibility.

There wasn't any line movement here. The fight wasn't available to bet on.

Huerta is one of the dumbest guys in MMA history. I actually started laughing when Huerta kept throwing body kicks despite Outlaw catching his leg and taking him down each and every single time.

Solid event for me. Felt pretty confident in Vassell's line being way off.

Huerta is one of the dumbest guys in MMA history. I actually started laughing when Huerta kept throwing body kicks despite Outlaw catching his leg and taking him down each and every single time.

Huerta did succeed in making Outlaw not look very good. Huerta actually looked better than I expected.

I had a big bet on the ruski @ +150

<AckbarTrap>

Interesting. What book was this on? They didn't offer it on any of the major ones on BFO.

Huerta did succeed in making Outlaw not look very good. Huerta actually looked better than I expected.

No way. Outlaw took Huerta down at will and kept him there for long periods. Huerta landed jackshit in the stand-up. Outlaw's limitations were exposed, but Huerta did nothing to capitalize, and there was very little commendable in his miserable, stupid performance.

No way. Outlaw took Huerta down at will and kept him there for long periods. Huerta landed jackshit in the stand-up. Outlaw's limitations were exposed, but Huerta did nothing to capitalize, and there was very little commendable in his miserable, stupid performance.

I expected Outlaw to be a lot more successful with advancing position, submission attempts, and ground and pound. I think Huerta did a pretty good job of neutralizing Outlaw on everything but takedowns. It was a shitty fight - and I think both guys acknowledged that. I'm not saying Huerta had offense himself, but he did a pretty good job with making sure Outlaw had very little as well.

I expected Outlaw to be a lot more successful with advancing position, submission attempts, and ground and pound. I think Huerta did a pretty good job of neutralizing Outlaw on everything but takedowns. It was a shitty fight - and I think both guys acknowledged that. I'm not saying Huerta had offense himself, but he did a pretty good job with making sure Outlaw had very little as well.

I mean, if you want to call losing every round, inflicting zero damage, but not getting beaten up too badly himself against a guy with very limited striking a "success", fine.

However, the odds for Huerta to win at +400 were accurate or even not large enough. Outlaw took him down at will and Huerta inflicted no damage in return.

Back