Bellator 238 Budd vs Cyborg

Pettis is not a bantamweight at all. He beat nobody decent at bantamweight, he tried going back and was clearly undersized and got abused by Rob Font last time he tried to move up. In his first run he beat nobody decent and was getting finished by Alex Caceres as well. He has no power up there and really didn't do a good job of negating the reach advantage. @longway is right, Pettis isn't a guy thats good at pushing forward to get inside a bigger man. He's not built for it and it's not his style cause when he does get in the pocket he's at such a power disadvantage anyway. He's going to want to point fight on the backfoot against the bigger and far more powerful striker which is just not a good look to judges at all even if he is edging the volume game with his better technique.

The grappling could be interesting as Khash looked lacking on the ground in the past, but equally its not Pettis style to offensively grapple. Seems like guys are expecting Pettis to win easily via paths he rarely if ever has done which is poor analysis to say the least. Clear value on Khash imo, typical case of a UFC fighter getting overvalued outside the organisation.

Last edited:
Borics is bigger, stronger, less worn, better fast twitch, better stand up, better ground, and explosive enough to not get wrestlef'd. Not understanding the +105 but I will absolutely take it. Borics would be my pick to win the tourney if the bet was available.

explosive enough to not get wrestlef'd.
Borics was getting absolutely wrestle fucked by Pico until the flying knee, Caldwell is also a better and more developed MMA grappler than Pico too. Not advocating a Caldwell play given his cardio in a 5 rounder but there's a high chance he wrestle fucks Borics badly early on.

Borics was getting absolutely wrestle fucked by Pico until the flying knee, Caldwell is also a better and more developed MMA grappler than Pico too. Not advocating a Caldwell play given his cardio in a 5 rounder but there's a high chance he wrestle fucks Borics badly early on.

What was the opinion on him before the Pico fight? Was he hyped then?

Although he got taken down a couple times in round 1, Borics never took damage from Pico. Caldwell's developed MMA grappling lost him a fight from top control against a 25er (yes, Kyogi is great but Borics is a proper 20+ lbs heavier fight night)

You can also argue that Pico's hands deserved a lot of respect because of the power he puts behind every shot and the overhyped golden glove background. There will be zero respect for anything DC can do on the feet.

With nothing to fear on the feet or ground and 25 minutes to work, I see Borics getting Caldwell out via finish. Choke, TKO, or Caldwell pulling a Pettis and finding a way out are all possible.

Little hype. A few finishes in Bellator but no promotion behind him. Quiet kid from Hungary that Bellator thought would feed the Pico machine. They got that one really, really wrong.

Pico closed as near 3 to 1 favorite

Not that I can recall, think most expected Pico to win easily enough which seemed accurate until the finish.
Although he got taken down a couple times in round 1, Borics never took damage from Pico. Caldwell's developed MMA grappling lost him a fight from top control against a 25er (yes, Kyogi is great but Borics is a proper 20+ lbs heavier fight night)

You can also argue that Pico's hands deserved a lot of respect because of the power he puts behind every shot and the overhyped golden glove background. There will be zero respect for anything DC can do on the feet.

With nothing to fear on the feet or ground and 25 minutes to work, I see Borics getting Caldwell out via finish. Choke, TKO, or Caldwell pulling a Pettis and finding a way out are all possible.
Was Pico trying to do a lot of damage? The takedowns were coming easily and Pico was comfortably winning. I can see the logic behind betting Borics, but if possible livebet is the much better option imo though. Caldwell is very athletic and good early on with his wrestling, Borics needs Caldwell to slowdown or he'll be reliant on another relatively low percentage finish.

Little hype. A few finishes in Bellator but no promotion behind him. Quiet kid from Hungary that Bellator thought would feed the Pico machine. They got that one really, really wrong.

It's actually the exact opposite. Bellator was absolutely trying to hype up Borics, who they put on the co-main of a Hungary card, then signed to a long-term contract that saw him come over to the US, carefully upping his level of competition across his first 3 Bellator fights.

The point of Borics-Pico, aside from Pico being an arrogant idiot who didn't respect Borics in choosing him as a comeback fight, is that in the case of a Pico win, it barely hurts Borics, who is still young and not considered to be at that level yet, and in the case of a Borics win, it makes a star out of him.

Cheers guys

Not that I can recall, think most expected Pico to win easily enough which seemed accurate until the finish.

Was Pico trying to do a lot of damage? The takedowns were coming easily and Pico was comfortably winning. I can see the logic behind betting Borics, but if possible livebet is the much better option imo though. Caldwell is very athletic and good early on with his wrestling, Borics needs Caldwell to slowdown or he'll be reliant on another relatively low percentage finish.
Scary bet. Darion loves to lnp

Didn't really like what we saw of Borics TDD or bottom game against Pico. Nice flying knee finish, but could easily see him prettymuch needing a big OHKO or a turbogassing out of Caldwell to win this.

What's everyones thoughts on Raymond Daniels and Cyborg?

Daniels lack of a ground game scares me, he should walk through his opponent but I'm not sold just yet. That KO was a thing of pure beauty though.

A very hydrated Cyborg, training at her old gym is scary. Looking for a double partner for a parlay. I reckon her and Archuleta or maybe RDA?

Thoughts?

Daniels lack of a ground game scares me, he should walk through his opponent but I'm not sold just yet. That KO was a thing of pure beauty though.

A very hydrated Cyborg, training at her old gym is scary. Looking for a double partner for a parlay. I reckon her and Archuleta or maybe RDA?

Thoughts?
I feel like Archuleta might be the safer pick than RDA because I don't rate Henry Corales that high.

More questions on the RDA match, size disadvantage, Chiesa looks good in the new division, size advantage BUT RDA won against Kevin Lee who is way better than Chiesa and went 5 rounds with Colby/Usman who are unargubly the best fighters in UFC. Still I feel like RDA should win that match, his jujitsu and groundgame is great + better stand up than Chiesa.

Back