News Bellator sale talks heating up

Hating on Bellator at this point is so passé.

Will stop hating on Bellator matchmaking only when we know for sure it is gone.

Will the bad matchups stop? All we know for sure is that it will no longer be on Showtime/Paramount+.

Has PFL bought them? Have they messed up their deal? Still a wait and see game.

Will we get?
83218w.jpg

Last edited:
It seemed Bellator fighters enjoy the way the org treated them as well as having in fight sponsors. Wth little competition do we think UFC will majorly low ball free agents? Bellator going away is a bad thing for fighter pay.
It’s not the way the Org treated them, it’s the way they took advantage of Scott Cokers generous business when it comes to over paying fighters. In fight sponsors is a myth, Myles Jury explained it fairly well when it came Bellators sponsors situation. Bellator going away is a bad thing, but only person is to blame, Inconpetent Scott Coker,

It’s not the way the Org treated them, it’s the way they took advantage of Scott Cokers generous business when it comes to over paying fighters. In fight sponsors is a myth, Myles Jury explained it fairly well when it came Bellators sponsors situation. Bellator going away is a bad thing, but only person is to blame, Inconpetent Scott Coker,
Pfl is getting rinsed way more then Bellator had ever been. They were paying Anthony Pettis almost a million, while giving post Bellator Rory almost 250K and now it seems they beat the UFC offer for Brunson…. A washed 40 yr old MW who has boring bouts

corpse fucker huh.... too fucking lame to get something alive... Can't say I'm surprised...

Pfl is getting rinsed way more than Bellator had ever been. They were paying Anthony Pettis almost a million, while giving post Bellator Rory almost 250K and now it seems they beat the UFC offer for Brunson…. A washed 40 yr old MW who has boring bouts
I honestly have no idea where they keep finding these investors that just want to dump money into the PFL.

What do you predict? Merge into one org? That's too many fighters for PFL's format.

They'll eventually merge if not from the start.

I believe PFL will keep the tournaments but will run regular format events also. I think will they will try to run 2-3 PPV's a year. They already have fighters that have outgrown the tournament format or just simply don't want to do it for 3rd time or whatever. Media outlets seem to be hungry for hours so adding more events equals larger media deals. I think the new media deal is part of what is holding up the announcement of the sale.

I honestly have no idea where they keep finding these investors that just want to dump money into the PFL.

ONE has 10+ years of losses that many years double from the year before while revenue increased. Some how money still comes in.

I still don't get how any of them get investment money outside the UFC.

A lot of truth right there that some won't agree with it.

I don't put it all on Coker but I do put a good 75% of it on him.

Reactions: Kb7
@tehMoose out of interest would you rather PFL bought Bellator or it folded and the best fighters went to the UFC?

They'll eventually merge if not from the start.

I believe PFL will keep the tournaments but will run regular format events also. I think will they will try to run 2-3 PPV's a year. They already have fighters that have outgrown the tournament format or just simply don't want to do it for 3rd time or whatever. Media outlets seem to be hungry for hours so adding more events equals larger media deals. I think the new media deal is part of what is holding up the announcement of the sale.
I can't see events outside the playoff system.
The Gran Prix system is far better.

Pfl is getting rinsed way more then Bellator had ever been. They were paying Anthony Pettis almost a million, while giving post Bellator Rory almost 250K and now it seems they beat the UFC offer for Brunson…. A washed 40 yr old MW who has boring bouts
Oh, he is washed. And his recent comments pissed me off. It wasn't working out because he was losing. He gave up in the Cannonier fight. Just laughing while being pummeled. He's going to get thrashed in the PFL. As dumb a signing as Rory.

@tehMoose out of interest would you rather PFL bought Bellator or it folded and the best fighters went to the UFC?
Folded. I can't stand PFL. Francis got his money to get embarrassed by Tyson, but who is he going to fight in PFL? I bet the UFC does performance Institutes in Africa just to spite him.

I can't see events outside the playoff system.
The Gran Prix system is far better.

They have to evolve. They'll keep the tournaments, no doubt as that is the foundation of PFL.

Fighters don't want to fight in tournaments over and over and over. They need some where to fight and not all of them can fight on the very few PPV's they will run.

to me pfl tries to over do it, way too much on a product thats not all that good. like lipstick on a pig i guess is a way to put it.

PFL's real target market is not the mma fan, it's investors. everything they do is geared towards raising capital. Their stupid tournament format is a gimick to sell investors. their athlete signings, their production, etc,... their primary customer is the investor.

PFL doesnt even have a TV deal yet for next year.

Back