Ben askren has finished the same number of ww's as gsp lol

How are Koreshkov and Lima not on the same level as the top WW in the UFC?
They are decent but they were not top 10 when they fought Askren.

And even if we assume they are that makes two noteworthy opponents for Askren. How is that in any way comparable to GSP's resume?

it's funny he saw that finishes stat in another thread and decided to make his own knowing he'd get a bunch of "biters" for his trolling. I just wanna pat the guy on the head I feel so sorry for him.

They are decent but they were not top 10 when they fought Askren.

And even if we assume they are that makes two noteworthy opponents for Askren. How is that in any way comparable to GSP's resume?

You're missing the point. No one is comparing Them. Gsp is established as ww goat. im not disputing that. I'm saying his ability to finish fights is sad and pathetic. It's equal to Ben askren, and that's not a knock on Askren that's a knock on the ww goat not being able to finish ww's any better than Ben askren, so people need to stop shitting on Ben askren who has finished the same number of ww's in less fights

What height did may Serra weigh in at lol. Gsp got finished by a midget LOL
Askren is not fit to clean Serra's boots, and unlike GSP who was able to beat Serra in a rematch, Askren would lose to Serra 10/10 times.

Askren is not fit to clean Serra's boots, and unlike GSP who was able to beat Serra in a rematch, Askren would lose to Serra 10/10 times.

Askren beat Lima up but you say he's lost to Serra lol ok

Askren beat Lima up but you say he's lost to Serra lol ok
Yes. Douglas Lima is nobody, even less so five years ago when Askren got this amazing legendary, career-defining win.

OK... Quality matters.

GSP earned his finishes at the early stages of his career, when his opponents were arguably lesser.

Askren earned his finishes later in his career, when his opponents were arguably better.

The best of Ben's opponents may not be so different from the least of GSP's opponents.

Too bad Ben got lippy with Dana early on.... It would have been interesting to see him come into his prime against the very best.
Prime Frank Trigg would murder Askren. So would Hughes, Serra, Mayhem Miller, Prime Karo, BJ Penn, Josh Koschek, etc.

it's funny he saw that finishes stat in another thread and decided to make his own knowing he'd get a bunch of "biters" for his trolling. I just wanna pat the guy on the head I feel so sorry for him.

Lol it's a pathetic stat for the ww goat. It's not drama or emotion. It's fucking statistics. Gsp is the ww goat. I'm not disputing that. P4p though? Hard to claim that when Ben askren is able to get the same number of finishes over ww's in less fights. I know that hurts you to know, and I'm sorry.

It was my thread from before too.

Lol it's a pathetic stat for the ww goat. It's not drama or emotion. It's fucking statistics. Gsp is the ww goat. I'm not disputing that. P4p though? Hard to claim that when Ben askren is able to get the same number of finishes over ww's in less fights. I know that hurts you to know, and I'm sorry.

GSP is the WW GOAT not because of his lack of finishes but because of who he defeated.

Who cares about who Askren beat bar a few anti-UFC knobjockeys?

Ben Askren might've been a lot of things, but one thing he wasn't is a truly great MMA fighter.

You're definitely trolling and I don't care how many times you deny it

Prime Frank Trigg would murder Askren. So would Hughes, Serra, Mayhem Miller, Prime Karo, BJ Penn, Josh Koschek, etc.

Let's not forget Shields and Diaz. Hell, even Sherk probably would've given him a hard time too.

Yes. Douglas Lima is nobody, even less so five years ago when Askren got this amazing legendary, career-defining win.

Lol Lima would tool the majority of the UFC top ten and everyone knows this by now.

Go trawl through fight finder, you'll probably find countless cans like Askren who have more finishes in low level promotions than GSP has at welterweight in the UFC.

You're missing the point. No one is comparing Them. Gsp is established as ww goat. im not disputing that. I'm saying his ability to finish fights is sad and pathetic. It's equal to Ben askren, and that's not a knock on Askren that's a knock on the ww goat not being able to finish ww's any better than Ben askren, so people need to stop shitting on Ben askren who has finished the same number of ww's in less fights
You still cannot compare it that way. They have one common opponent. And GSP KO'd Hieron in under two minutes. Askren only got a SD win.

GSP always fought the best. Askren barely fought guys with any credentials or decent success in MMA. Not getting many finishes against top guys is not the same as not getting them vs nobodies.

And I don't see Askren getting that much shit. GSP though gets it non-stop.

Never said it was. Only morons would claim that Askren's resume is anywhere close to GSP's.

Lol Lima would tool the majority of the UFC top ten and everyone knows this by now.
Askren hasn't beaten Lima in 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 or even 2013

Lima is 8-1 since that fight, of course he's improved

Lol if GSP spent his career fighting cans, he'd have a great finish rate.

Why not use Aldo though? He has 2....2 finishes. He also only got them by holding the fence and his opponent injuring themselves lol

@pilgrim4702

Askren hasn't beaten Lima in 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 or even 2013

Lima is 8-1 since that fight, of course he's improved
Definently improved unlike askren who still stuck in 2009 with his Shit fighting style

Back