• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies Best Batman: Keaton vs Bale vs Affleck

?

• Total voters
When you try that
zCAjBnP.gif

When I try that
tenor.gif

Thanks, I needed the laugh, the last few days have been pretty miserable.

Keaton. Bale was just ok in Begins, fuckin horrible in Dark Knight and I couldn't even watch the next shitfest because of him. On the other hand I enjoyed Keaton in all his outings as Batman.

Reactions: Zer
Keaton. Bale was just ok in Begins, fuckin horrible in Dark Knight and I couldn't even watch the next shitfest because of him. On the other hand I enjoyed Keaton in all his outings as Batman.

Hey, look at my above post.

You might want to change your answer.

I thought Val Kilmer was actually pretty good as an under the mask Batman. I think ideally he was probably what you’d want Batman to be but he was a one and done..and his movie wasn’t very good.

Bale made a great Bruce Wayne but a grating Batman

Keaton was good on both ends and his movies were the better ones of the 90’s Batman. So he wins

the others were shit

Here’s how I see it:

Keaton was a great Batman and a great Wayne. People point out the lack of physicality but, again, I think this actually adds to why Keaton is so great. He’s not close to 6 ft, he’s not a jacked up monster like Affleck but he still projects the intensity and strength of Batman because he sells the hell out of it.

As Wayne, I really appreciate the fact that Keaton always comes off as a bit askew, uncomfortable. You can tell he’s a broken guy and he wants the normal life- the romances with Vicki and Pfeiffer give him a semblance of that- but he seems to know he can’t have it. Keaton Wayne is a guy struggling with the trauma of his past.

Bale had the physicality down. His Wayne seems to be criticized by some but I really liked the notion that he was playing a part. That’s really different from Keaton whose Wayne always seemed a bit unhinged or off- Bale’s had that devil may care playboy vibe that was meant to throw off the scent from what he was really doing. I thought he had some quite amusing moments because of that- like when he laces into the guests at the party in Batman Begins or when he seemingly goes into the “panic room” himself in The Dark Knight, leaving his guests to fend for themselves.

I really liked his Batman as well. The voice is annoying. Yeah I get it. But it’s still a solid performance in my opinion.

Affleck had a lot of hate going in but he ended up being one of the best aspects of B vs. S. The intensity was spot on. The physicality was great. His Wayne- well we didn’t see as much of him but I think he was still at least solid in that role.

Affleck as Batman- more than any of them in my view- was a force of nature. When he’s just relentlessly pursuing Luthor’s
guys in the bat mobile chase scene for instance. And let’s face the facts, the warehouse scene is the best combat scene in any iteration of live action Batman so far.

Kevin Conroy, hands down, running away. Adam West is probably second place for his awesome voice work in the Super Powers show, including the first episode to feature Batman's origin on screen, the classic "The Fear."

Loved Keaton, but Bale's movies were better overall. The Dark Knight is a top 5 GOAT Superhero film.

If Bale used a better Batman voice, this would be a no contest win for him. I personally have always been of a mind that a modern Batman would use a full mask and voice modulator.....
Batman-One-Million.png

Yes. Looks like Black Panther, but it would have been before his creation. So Bats would have been the original.

Affleck has been the most physically imposing of all of them although the others may have acted it better at times

wish Affleck wore the cape and cowl 10 years earlier instead of wasting his time with daredevil

he would’ve been a good cyclops as well
jennifer-garner-ben-affleck-body-diet-exercise-routine-pp.jpg

Keaton isnt really what youd imagine Bruce Lee/Batman was like. At all. He is small and got no muscle.

It just somehow worked anyway.

Bale may not have been a big jacked dude either,but he played it closer to what you'd expect,and his appearance was a closer match than Keaton.

The others made no impact on me whatsoever. Ironically Ben affleck phsyically looks more like Wayne than the rest,but all i see is Ben affleck in a suit.

Straight fight between Keaton and Bale. Everyone else is competing for third place.

Keaton isnt really what youd imagine Bruce Lee/Batman was like. At all. He is small and got no muscle.

It just somehow worked anyway.

Bale may not have been a big jacked dude either,but he played it closer to what you'd expect,and his appearance was a closer match than Keaton.

The others made no impact on me whatsoever. Ironically Ben affleck phsyically looks more like Wayne than the rest,but all i see is Ben affleck in a suit.

Affleck is good actor and physically the closest we'll probably ever see to Batman from the comics: a huge guy with elite level fighting skills. The warehouse scene alone is better than every fight in Bale and Keaton's movies. Affleck and Gadot were the only saving graces of BvS.

It's a damn shame we'll never see Affleck in a live action version of Dark Knight Returns. He would have killed it.

Adam West by far. I liked Keaton's performance too but him and Bale had shit fight scenes. Affleck's Arkham ripoff fight scene was cool but he doesn't really look like Batman.

Voted Affleck for awesome portrayal of fascism. It's in your blood, bro! Just own it.

Back