Best concert experience?

When I seen slipknot for the first time. There DJ went crazy he even punched a dude in the face cause the guy wouldn't stop grabbing him when he was out there with the crowd.

I saw Bauhaus one year when they opened for NIN actually lol. They were pretty good too. I went to a looooot of concerts in my teens and early 20s, NIN get my vote still. Regrettably I never saw Tool live.

NIN in the 2000s at least had a whole crazy visual experience going. Kind of like Pink Floyd, but targeting different emotions.
NIN is an absolute beast of a live band. My first time seeing them was my favorite: they were doing surprise warmup shows in small clubs to prepare for the Downward Spiral tour. I saw this show, at the Roxy in Phoenix:
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/1994/the-roxy-phoenix-az-3dfdd3b.html
It was a small club, I’d be surprised if it held 1000 people. Seeing NIN for the first time in a venue like that was insane. There was no opening band, and NIN was supposed to go on at 8:30 but apparently Trent thought it was supposed to be 11:30. So we were packed in there like sardines, it was so goddamn hot, just waiting for hours. I legit thought there was going to be a riot, the crowd was so hot and pissed off. When NIN finally took the stage the crowd let all their frustrations out on each other in the mosh pit. Crazy show.

Last edited:
Ghost. Saw them last September. Probably the most fun I've ever had at a concert, was just a great show.
They popped into my spotify randomly and I went crazy over them a couple of years ago. They had just played Atlanta a few weeks before that so I just barely missed them. Then they toured Europe for like a year, then they didn't hit Atlanta for their North American tour last fall, then COVID. It could be years before I see my first ritual
<DCrying>

Blink 182/ Greenday tour. I crowd surfed. Good times.

NIN is an absolute beast of a live band. My first time seeing them was my favorite: they were doing surprise warmup shows in small clubs to prepare for the Downward Spiral tour. I saw this show, at the Roxy in Phoenix:
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/1994/the-roxy-phoenix-az-3dfdd3b.html
It was a small club, I’d be surprised if it held 1000 people. Seeing NIN for the first time in a venue like that was insane. There was no opening band, and NIN was supposed to go on at 8:30 but apparently Trent thought it was supposed to be 11:30. So we were packed in there like sardines, it was so goddamn hot, just waiting for hours. I legit thought there was going to be a riot, the crowd was so hot and and pissed off. When NIN finally took the stage the crowd let all their frustrations out on each other in the mosh pit. Crazy show.
How did you like them vs Tool? I regret never seeing Tool perform.

I also really regret missing the Misfits reunion tour. They came near me last fall and I didn’t know about it until literally the day after. I know they don’t compare as an overall experience but I’ve loved the misfits since I was like 15.

I'm sure this will get moved, but I figured it would get a bigger audience in the "Berry". I'm a HUGE fan of live music, and I wondered what is the best concert that you have attended? Maybe it isn't even your favorite band, but for one night there was another artist who was the best that you have ever seen?

For me? Rammstein(somewhat obvious)...2001 Mutter Tour(best album by them)...at the Newport Music Hall in Columbus,Ohio(capacity 2,000)...with FULL pyro! (which I still can't believe! My friend saw them in Cleveland the night before, and they were denied ANY pyro) For $20!...Even almost 20 years ago, I knew that night, that I would never see a show like that again.

Rage Against the Machine and Wu Tang Clan at meadowlands. Zack sprained his ankle first song but did the whole show. It was like just huge swirling mosh pits.

Only bad thing was ODB was in jail at the time (was before his death obviously)

How did you like them vs Tool? I regret never seeing Tool perform.

I also really regret missing the Misfits reunion tour. They came near me last fall and I didn’t know about it until literally the day after. I know they don’t compare as an overall experience but I’ve loved the misfits since I was like 15.
I also am a huge Misfits fan (Glenn Danzig era only though) and I didn’t see the reunion either. Sucks.
Both Tool and NIN are excellent live. I would actually say NIN is the better live band, although it’s hard to compare because their styles of music are different. Both bands started as bands I liked but wasn’t super into. Seeing NIN live changed that for me, I got really into them after that. But as good as Tool’s show was, it didn’t blow me away like seeing NIN did. That’s just my opinion though, you may have felt differently had you seen Tool. Both are such good bands.

Montebello Rockfest was my go to festival until they went bankrupt, here's a few of the rosters I went to
rockfest.jpg 7534661.jpeg

Roger Waters The Wall with over 80k people was pretty mind bending
Roger-waters-plaines-quebec-04.jpg

Metallica in 2017 with over 110k attendance was pretty crazy, had to wait 8h in line to get in lol
Setlist was fire tho
5946099603_7ec32b080f_b.jpg
Screenshot_20200702-135827.png

Lollapalooza with Beasty Boys & Smashing Pumpkins back in the day was amazing

And everytime I've seen Rammstein they deliver live.

Attachments

• rockfest.jpg
    rockfest.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 7534661.jpeg
    7534661.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Roger-waters-plaines-quebec-04.jpg
    Roger-waters-plaines-quebec-04.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 1
511-j%2B8vF2L._AC_.jpg

bondtimessquare1950s.jpg

Last edited:
I also am a huge Misfits fan (Glenn Danzig era only though) and I didn’t see the reunion either. Sucks.
Both Tool and NIN are excellent live. I would actually say NIN is the better live band, although it’s hard to compare because their styles of music are different. Both bands started as bands I liked but wasn’t super into. Seeing NIN live changed that for me, I got really into them after that. But as good as Tool’s show was, it didn’t blow me away like seeing NIN did. That’s just my opinion though, you may have felt differently had you seen Tool. Both are such good bands.
I was the same way! I was really luke warm towards NIN before the love show, and they became my favorite band for years after the live show. That's one of the reasons I feel so confident when I say they're the best. I wasn't even really looking forward to their show that much the first time I saw them and was a total convert after.

When it comes to the Misfits, I am one of those heretics that prefers the Michael Graves songs. I really like the Danzig era too though.

Radiohead (In Rainbows era) at the Westerpark in Amsterdam. Glorious hot day spent smoking excellent weed, superb concert, even getting told to fuck off by Michael Stipe as he made his way backstage didn’t take the edge off...

Too many really to count. But 2 that stick out were:

1992, going to see House of Pain. It was a small venue/big nightclub in downtown Vancouver. About 3000 people +/-.

So we get there, and the opening band is just finishing up their set. Honestly, I don't remember a thing about them. No idea who they were/are.

Then the second act gets up, and starts to play. We were all just shocked at how fucking awesome these guys were, as we'd never even heard of them. They played their set, and most of us (about 15 buddies) were ready to just go. The only reason we stayed to see House of Pain (and I'm glad we did, as they put on a good show) was because my buddy Barry was a huge fan that had even shaved his head like Everlast.

Did I mention that the second act was this (little known at the time) band called Rage Against The Machine?

My 2nd one was my buddy Dan called me to say that our other buddy Scotty was sick and couldn't go to this concert they had tickets to on Saturday night. Scott knew I'd appreciate the music, and wanted to know if I wanted his ticket? I said sure, how much? Nothing, you can just have it. Sweet.

So Dan and I get together Saturday afternoon. Do a little drinking, a little smoking, then grab dinner and head off to the concert. If you've ever spent any time in Vancouver BC, you've probably heard of the Commodore Ballroom.

We got there early, as Dan wanted to see all of the acts that night. Which was cool with me. Opening act was The Rainbow Butt Monkeys (aka Finger Eleven). They put on a good show.

Second act was the Butthole Surfers. They were really good as well.

Then the main act hit the stage. They fucking rocked it. Brought the house down. Another band I'd never heard of that completely blew me away, in another small intimate venue. Oh yeah, it was Stone Temple Pilots in case you were wondering.

There are more, but those 2 really stand out in my mind.

I had tickets for Megadeth, Trivium, In Flames and Lamb of God. Had an email Today postponing till 2021 September.

I've seen Megadeth a shit load of times. They were on a different level in the 90s with the Mary Nick Menza lineup over anything in the past 15-20 years.

Last edited:
Also Nirvana was a good show.

Back