Best concert experience?

Maybe recency bias but the Tool show just before lockdown was amazing, the visuals, the sound, the set list, incredible, and Danny Carey is not human. And that great edible I had really helped ha ha

My litmus test is usually size of the venue. Really large venues suck especially outdoors. Best shows have always been under about 3000 people.
Yeah I saw Prince in a small club, less than 1000 people. I always admired his talent but genre wise he didn’t really float my boat. That gig was fantastic though.

Wormrot/Churchburn/Escuela Grind. Providence. as220. 2018.

Steve winwood with eric clapton was probably the most technical show i've seen. Each played 1 hour and then both got onstage and did an hour together

Rammstein was crazy from the explosives and lights. Most theatrical show i've seen

Metallica in a NFL football stadium was probably the best overall concert i've seen (very technical and very theatrical)

When i was about 16 (a bit fuzzy on exactly how old i was) i went to see Metallica who was my favorite band. It was in another city about two hours away there was a bus that took people there. I was by myself and it was awesome. COC opened up

I've seen Megadeth a shit load of times. They were on a different level in the 90s with the Mary Nick Menza lineup over anything in the past 15-20 years.

Always seemed like Megadeth was opening for a band i was going to see. Spent most Megadeth sets roaming around venues running into people i hadn't seen in years. I've seen (partially most of the times) Megadeth playing live more than any of my favorite bands, lol.

Budweiser Superfest 1988 - Earth, Wind, & Fire. :eek:

Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation, man was she hawt.

Survivor (They sounded GREAT)

The Cure Freakin' WOW.

KISS at Cheyenne, Wyoming. LEGENDS.

I'm a HUGE fan of live music, and I wondered what is the best concert that you have attended?

I saw Pink Floyd in 1994 at Texas Stadium. I've been to a lot of concerts in my life but it remains the most mind blowing thing I've ever seen and by a WIDE margin.

Nothing beats Pink Floyd for me. Saw them in 94 and I'll never forget that show.

I also saw them in 1994. Its almost absurd how good they were live. So good I can't even articulate it. Its one of those things where you would have to be there to truly understand the absolute marvel of a Pink Floyd stadium show.

I also saw them in 1994. Its almost absurd how good they were live. So good I can't even articulate it. Its one of those things where you would have to be there to truly understand the absolute marvel of a Pink Floyd stadium show.

upload_2020-7-3_0-53-34.jpeg

Slept on my roof for a few days after that one....

Woof!

I was 10, and I remember the "pig blimp" for that 94 tour flying over our neighborhood, and everyone coming outside to look at it.

Foo fighters were great live, also Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats were Awesome live.

Elton John was a good concert and I'm not an Elton John fan.
The wife likes Harry Connick Jr. So I took her to see him right before the lock down. Was a great show and an added bonus I got to smash with the power of 7 triceratops that night.
When we were young and free we toured around Europe, we were in London for a few nights and went to The Half Moon, don't remember who was playing but the atmosphere was awesome. I'll take small intimate venues over huge stadiums.

I'm sure this will get moved, but I figured it would get a bigger audience in the "Berry". I'm a HUGE fan of live music, and I wondered what is the best concert that you have attended? Maybe it isn't even your favorite band, but for one night there was another artist who was the best that you have ever seen?

For me? Rammstein(somewhat obvious)...2001 Mutter Tour(best album by them)...at the Newport Music Hall in Columbus,Ohio(capacity 2,000)...with FULL pyro! (which I still can't believe! My friend saw them in Cleveland the night before, and they were denied ANY pyro) For $20!...Even almost 20 years ago, I knew that night, that I would never see a show like that again.
Tool aenima tour, rage against the machine, and countless edm raves.

the long beach grand prix used to throw some epic concerts
this group named moderato had a good one
5a907ecc47d6b3d859479558f476a1e2.jpg

Tool w/ King Crimson, Red Rocks, lots of mushrooms before the show. I puked while waiting in line and was met with applause from total strangers and the whole world looking like a kaleidoscope of swirling colors and happiness when I lifted my head up.

Black Sabbath/Slayer at Ozzfest in '99. My uncle got tickets and snuck me a few beers as a kind of hs graduation gift.

NIN, The Fragile tour

Electric Wizard/Portal/Repulsion/many others out in rural Germany

MGLA/Negative Plane/others in Prague

Blasphemy in Bangkok

Demilich/Hooded Menace/Incantation/many other killer dm bands in Copenhagen

Morbid Angel opening for Pantera - not the biggest Pantera fan but they put on a hell of a show.

Prince

I’ve seen a ton of bands and even in their older age AC/DC absolutely killed it. They played for like three hours and I couldn’t hear for days after. It’s no wonder Brian Jones went deaf.

I saw EyeHateGod at a tiny hole-in-the-wall metal club in downtown Bangkok last year. It was a wild atmosphere.

Back