BEST grappling sport for the modern public safety professional

KingGuerrilla

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Of all the options out there it's likely freestyle Judo would be the best because it concentrates on winning the takedown and uses chokes lapel grips and anatomical holds. I could see sambo making a run for the title because it's basically Russians judo anyway and you're not going to be doing any knee bars if you're a public safety professional!

With all the talk about use of force lately I think it's a very interesting question?

I used to run a small MMA Club next to a police station and a lot of cops who worked out with us said they didn't get any decent use-of-force training in the academy.

for security guards and Park Rangers training is entirely up to them as you're lucky to get even a Verbal Judo class out of your employer!

Freestyle wrestling and freestyle Judo would probably be the very best combination for the Public Safety Professional.

But their t’aint no ground control in there martial artsys.

Yup. I’m calling bullshit

Ground Control isn't nearly as important as winning the takedown in a life-or-death situation

Besides Ground Control is the simple part of the equation (easy to pick up)

Besides if you've mastered the takedown who cares if they try to get back up, they'll be taken back down and exhaust

now, IF the Public Safety Professional loses the takedown...could be curtains with crowds and weapons

Ground Control isn't nearly as important as winning the takedown in a life-or-death situation

Besides Ground Control is the simple part of the equation (easy to pick up)

Besides if you've mastered the takedown who cares if they try to get back up, they'll be taken back down and exhaust

now, IF the Public Safety Professional loses the takedown...could be curtains with crowds and weapons
Sir you is putting parenthesis after ‘simp part of equation’

Taint that hard to takedowns igits. And my record setting middle school team at athertoon elementary in Mississippi beat plenty of them Judo and Freestyling people’s.

Besides, if u is the book learned experience man yous claim”m you is. You know a lot of dem cops are lil wantabe types. Want tall that fancy militant gear and to be seen as cayotes or wild dogs proteking the goats, eh shep people. But like, with none of the responsibles that comes wit that stuff. Ma buddy from raq hat to have more discipline wit his trigger digit tan these cops dudes hat to have.

Seem like any ground thingy and takedown stuff will work. And the rest need to stop pretending they is some kind of army dude

You really want to avoid the ground as a cop, unless the arrestee is already proned out face down on the ground. Try grappling with a 20 pound belt, while not giving the arrestee an opportunity to grab the gun on your waist. A double or single leg takedown is the worst idea for giving up a gun grab. Judo is a good skill to have, but you have to be careful with throws that you’re not using an unacceptable level of force. BJJ and wrestling are useful for ground positioning and ground escapes if need be.

You really want to avoid the ground as a cop, unless the arrestee is already proned out face down on the ground. Try grappling with a 20 pound belt, while not giving the arrestee an opportunity to grab the gun on your waist. A double or single leg takedown is the worst idea for giving up a gun grab. Judo is a good skill to have, but you have to be careful with throws that you’re not using an unacceptable level of force. BJJ and wrestling are useful for ground positioning and ground escapes if need be.
Yeah it's true that a lot of takedowns are inappropriate for the street especially those that expose your firearm, it's still the theory and training that you win the takedown thats most critical.

One of the most important things for any law enforcement officer is that they protect their firearm in the scuffle and that's something that you have to train independently

Yeah it's true that a lot of takedowns are inappropriate for the street especially those that expose your firearm, it's still the theory and training that you win the takedown thats most critical.

One of the most important things for any law enforcement officer is that they protect their firearm in the scuffle and that's something that you have to train independently
The problem with Judo in this situation is kind of that it doesn't focus on takedowns but on throws, that is, techniques with a high impact landing. That just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

The problem with Judo in this situation is kind of that it doesn't focus on takedowns but on throws, that is, techniques with a high impact landing. That just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
its not... for a law enforcement application you would want to concentrate on simple trips and other types of takedowns that are very low amplitude

The focus on the theory of taking someone from their feet to the ground and pinning them is basically the gist of what I'm talking about

What kind of igit don’t no understanding wrasslin have trips too? What kine of garbage compet tite Titian is yous been coaching for?

Be side. The ground be haves glass and Hero in inject device all over.

What kind of igit don’t no understanding wrasslin have trips too? What kine of garbage compet tite Titian is yous been coaching for?

Be side. The ground be haves glass and Hero in inject device all over.
Of course wrestling has trips also but judo has lapel grips and anatomical grips plus chokes and submissions.

freestyle Wrestling and Judo are the best grappling sports for a law enforcement professional because they concentrate on winning the takedown not ground reversals and pins

But their t’aint no ground control in there martial artsys.

Yup. I’m calling bullshit
Ground control don't work in the streets where they ain't no points for passing guard. Berimbolo ain't gonna do nothing for you when you're fighting for your life against a meth head who wants your wallet.

Ground control don't work in the streets where they ain't no points for passing guard. Berimbolo ain't gonna do nothing for you when you're fighting for your life against a meth head who wants your wallet.
Sonny boy.. did I talks bout that beri bolo shite???? I said ground control. Boy

yous ever watc cops? Huh boy? You have to like you now… control the fuck.

Dumbass

Of course wrestling has trips also but judo has lapel grips and anatomical grips plus chokes and submissions.

freestyle Wrestling and Judo are the best grappling sports for a law enforcement professional because they concentrate on winning the takedown not ground reversals and pins
What kine of medi ochre team u coaching you is focus on pins and reversals. As a record setting coach in da great stat of Mississippi.. you clearly don now shite

Sonny boy.. did I talks bout that beri bolo shite???? I said ground control. Boy

yous ever watc cops? Huh boy? You have to like you now… control the fuck.

Dumbass
I got three years of professional security experience that says I know what I'm talking about. I was on the frontlines during General Motors' strike and let me tell you, ain't nobody was gonna stop and give me space to work one on one if those workers rushed the gates. No points for passing to side control, no 50/50 stalemates. Only thing that was going to keep me alive in that situation was real world strikes, gouges, joint-locks and slams. It never came to that, but that's because I know how to carry myself. Carrying yourself with confidence and a muted threat is the first and best line of self-defense.

Freestyle wrestling is better because there is better competition. Who are you gonna brag about beating? Some kid from the school down the street studying to be a dental assistant or a Russian monster whose entire life has been training for the moment he stepped onto the mats with you?

Plus, freestyle wrestling doesn't penalize slams. And neither does the concrete.

Back