Best hotel to stay at in Vegas?

If you want cheap good food especially late night check out our Chinatown. It's not too far from the strip and has a ton of good restaurants.
So many great places to eat and hole in the walls in and around Chinatown area. We always stop by the area at least once to eat. We also always eat at Island Style. They have 2 restaurants. One at the Korean supermarket and another on Sahara. Local Hawaii style Korean food. Great food and hospitality. Russell is super cool and they always have some game playing. They have meat jun and other Hawaii favorites that you don't see at a regular Korean restaurants outside of Hawaii. My cousin dated the owners daughter for a few years a long time ago.

Based on what your wants/needs seem to be, I'd recommend The Linq. It's affordable and right in the middle of all the action. It's an older hotel, but it was recently completely remodeled. The rooms are on the smaller side, but since you said you won't be there much and don't want to spend a ton of money on a room, this is where I'd recommend. The Linq Promenade is also a really cool feature.
I agree Linq is also a good budget choice and right in all the action.

Treasure Island is one of the best bang for your buck hotels in a good location and free parking (if you plan to rent a car). I say do it if you're on a budget, however there are other ways to get cheap hotel rooms such as playing MyVegas games and building enough loyalty points to get a free rooms (especially on weekdays). The last time we stayed in Vegas my wife got 2 semi-free (just had to pay resort fee) nights at Bellagio. Then the next day we stayed at Mandalay using my MyVegas for another room while having to just pay the resort fee.

I agree with others about always using your players club including charging everything to your room. They will often give free comp rooms even if you're not a big baller. Many will use both methods to get multiple free nights as well as credit card deals/tricks to get higher status via matching and making use of specific credit card perks such as Amex Plat fine resort $200 credit which includes free room upgrade, early check in, 4pm late check out, $100 credit and free breakfast. It's much harder to get status (via credit card) now a days and I think the only current way is to get a Wyndham Rewards Earner Biz Credit Card to status match to Caesar Platinum (online) and MGM Gold (in-person) and then later you can get Hyatt Explorist.
Thanks for that info. I have AMEX Platinum, and I just checked and the offers they have right now are:

1. Spend $400 or more and get $80 back at MGM.
2. Spend $700 or more and get $140 back at MGM.
3. Spend $200 or more and get $40 back at Caesars.

I'm not planning on going to Vegas, but I get these types of offers all the time, so...

How does the whole MyVegas games thing work? You just download it and do you pay to play some of the games or is it all free and the more you play the more you earn rewards?
Download and play. They have multiple games that can all link to the same account. Depending on phone type (Iphone vs Android) one has limited amount of LP (loyalty points) they can accrue daily. Since you have only a month you would have to play obsessively on all platforms including Facebook to build enough LP, but it's doable. You and your wife could build enough to get 1 free night each. There is MyVegas slots,, MyVegas slots on FB, MyVegas Black Jack, Konami Slots, Pop Slots and I think more. I haven't played for a while... Download all, play all, collect all and really build those LP's.

I would join the MyVegas FB groups. You can get free chips daily and there are usually sites that give away free play chips. You can also purchase small amounts if you don't mind spending a couple of bucks or more. Sometimes this helps people see the 2-day free room awards as you will likely only see 1-day free nights. People will use like Google Opinions to get free PlayStore credit and use that free money to pay for MyVegas play chips. I never once paid, but my wife and I use to play it over 8 years ago. Free rooms are usually only weekday nights (Sunday-Thursday) though, but sometimes they will have Friday's for the lower tier hotels. In MyVegas all hotels are MGM resorts.

Last edited:
Download and play. They have multiple games that can all link to the same account. Depending on phone type (Iphone vs Android) one has limited amount of LP (loyalty points) they can accrue daily. Since you have only a month you would have to play obsessively on all platforms including Facebook to build enough LP, but it's doable. You and your wife could build enough to get 1 free night each. There is MyVegas slots,, MyVegas slots on FB, MyVegas Black Jack, Konami Slots, Pop Slots and I think more. I haven't played for a while... Download all, play all, collect all and really build those LP's.

I would join the MyVegas FB groups. You can get free chips daily and there are usually sites that give away free play chips. You can also purchase small amounts if you don't mind spending a couple of bucks or more. Sometimes this helps people see the 2-day free room awards as you will likely only see 1-day free nights. People will use like Google Opinions to get free PlayStore credit and use that free money to pay for MyVegas play chips. I never once paid, but my wife and I use to play it over 8 years ago. Free rooms are usually only weekday nights (Sunday-Thursday) though, but sometimes they will have Friday's for the lower tier hotels. In MyVegas all hotels are MGM resorts.
Awesome well thank you man this is all very helpful

Awesome well thank you man this is all very helpful
Good luck. If you attempt to build those LP's I would still book your rooms now (that has free cancellation) as a backup. As you get closer there is a chance they may not have any free rooms or may be limited. It depends on quickly you build those points, when you're staying and if any big events are occurring at the same time. Wish I could give away points. I have over 3 million LPs

Define fun?

On strip my favorite is Cosmo (Red Rock off strip) and wife loves venetian, NoMad or wynn. But if you want to save some money PH is center strip right by the only direct cross walk. So it's easy to get around. Ballys is lesser but still in a decent location

Define fun?

On strip my favorite is Cosmo (Red Rock off strip) and wife loves venetian, NoMad or wynn. But if you want to save some money PH is center strip right by the only direct cross walk. So it's easy to get around. Ballys is lesser but still in a decent location
Oh yeah I heard PH is great value.

Last time I was there a decade ago at the start/end of a national park holiday I stayed at....

http://www.theplatinumhotel.com/

Basically just outside the strip(abouty 2-3 mins walk from the Bellagio fountains) but a lot cheaper, you can get a suit with a living room and kitchen for the price of a standard strip room.

Back