Best journeyman in UFC history?

Define journeyman
lol. that's what i am saying. it not really definable lol, so any answer is basically wayyyyy off base and maybe kinda accurate?

I'm stoned. There is no correct or incorrect answer...I am not eempressed with the perforrrmance of this question../

lol. that's what i am saying. it not really definable lol, so any answer is basically wayyyyy off base and maybe kinda accurate?

I'm stoned. There is no correct or incorrect answer...I am not eempressed with the perforrrmance of this question../

It's definable. It's just that it's a borrowed term from boxing and thus doesn't really apply to MMA because of numerous differences between the sports.

Boxing doesnt have organisations like the UFC and Bellator, with smaller regional and feeder organisations where they recruit from like Cage Warriors and LFA.

Everybody in the UFC got there on merit and by stringing together wins in smaller orgs, making them almost definitely not journeymen. They beat the joyrneymen on their path TO the UFC.

It isn't like the UFC plucks fighters with 32-28 records from obscurity, who are 5-5 or 3-7 in their last 10 to give their prospects a win.

Crocop.

The answer is late career Crocop. Like very late.
Late Crocop was insane. Ten fights in 4 different promotions, Bellator UFC Rizin IgF, plus stints in kickboxing. Ten straight wins to end his career.

yes.

It's definable. It's just that it's a borrowed term from boxing and thus doesn't really apply to MMA because if numerous differences between the sports.

Boxing doesnt have organisations like the UFC and Bellator, with smaller regional and feeder organisations where they recruit from like Cage Warriors and LFA.

Everybody in the UFC got there on merit and by stringing together wins in smaller orgs, making them almost definitely not journeymen. They beat the joyrneymen on their path TO the UFC.

It isn't like the UFC plucks fighters with 32-28 records from obscurity, who are 5-5 or 3-7 in their last 10 to give their prospects a win.
there you go...it doesnt apply to mma is what I meant. my bad..journeyman is definable in boxing for sure.

/thread but that doesnt fit to anybodies agendas in here so they will ignore it.

People love to apply boxing terms to MMA thinking they are smart,even when they dont apply and in some cases,never will.
It's just a different sport. If you want to apply that type definition then someone like BJ or Cowboy is a journeyman at the end of their career. Contenders and former champions in boxing do become journeyman. It would be crazy to call BJ a journeyman.

Best to specify that you mean the current incarnation of Elkins.

At his peak, Elkins was ranked and had two separate long winning streaks at FW in the UFC.

I thought is meant present tense, but hey, it is what it is, lol.

Don't be mad homie. I was hangry before. I had a roasted chicken leg and some greens. We can now continue to discuss the merits of Rich Ace Franklin!

Oh it looks like you have some grudge about some discussion about Franklin that touched your feelings.
Excuse me but I dont identify you.

Rich Franklin was one of the best MW of his era. Obviously doesnt make the top10 list of all-time at this point though, doesnt matter how we look at it.

About time to let it go, mate

Who is the greatest journeyman in UFC history? Different people will have different criteria for the label of “journeyman” of course, so try to elaborate.

Also, which journeyman had the best moment?

Jeremy Horn is the correct answer.

Challenged twice for UFC Light Heavyweight belt.
Vanquished Chuck Liddel
Vanquished Chael X3
Over 110 professional fights

Honorable Mention to Lionheart Smith.

By the definition he gave, yes.

If you look at the can crushing Dan Severn has lowered himself to...

A large fraction of his wins are at county fair level, against guys making their pro debuts or with short losing records. It's fucking shameful record padding. On the other hand... Dude was an American working to make a buck.

So yeah.. He is a journeyman as well as pioneer.

Who is the greatest journeyman in UFC history? Different people will have different criteria for the label of “journeyman” of course, so try to elaborate.

Anderson Silva

Anthony Smith. whatever is the definition of it, anthony smith is the answer. dude has lots of loses, made it up to the contender against jon jones, and could have won. dude is completely inconsistent for most part oh his career, but is still around.

except he's the exact definition of a gatekeeper, not a journeyman

journeymen were boxers that fought in promotions all over the place and were ready to fight anyone and take any loss as long as they get a check

So the answer is no one in the UFC, but last few years in MMA Bob Sapp has been a journeyman

I would say Alex Caceres aka Bruce Leroy

They are no real journeyman in the UFC. The term doesn't really apply to the UFC because of the structure. Journeyman is a guy that travels from promotion to promotion to fight different people. If you want to use journeyman then you have to pick someone who that darted in and out of the UFC. I think people tend to use journeyman for guys in the promotion that never make it out of the prelims or never crack the top 15.

Journeyman is sort of like Dan Severn's career. It's almost a different promotion every single fight.
Huh, ok. I tought it was a person who try this sport out, like someone who just starded boxing good, finds out hes no good, either quick abd go working something else, or stay on the low end.

Gatekeepers are the ones who spoil the contenders rise but cant quite do enough to win the belt. Journeymen are just slightly higher than a bum, where they exist to lose to project an up and comer

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back