Best Looking Games?

Wasn’t there some sort of graphics downgrade controversy when the Witcher 3 released?
I don't know if there was a big controversy about it but the game definitely didn't look close to as good as its original trailer.

I can't put my finger on it but Witcher 3 I think had something fancy going on with its sky/horizon that gave it an otherworldly feel. Some kind of tech hallucination wizardry. If anyone knows anything about this we'd all love to hear it.

I still think Wind Waker looks really special; better looking games come out all the time but that one's always going to stick out in my mind.

God of war
Uncharted 4
Call of duty Advanced Warfare campaign with Kevin Spacey still has some of the best graphics I’ve seen.

No mention for MK11? That game looks gorgeous, especially the lighting. Its sound design is amazing as well.

300a011e-683b-4f58-b57d-94b00c0759f4_Thumbnail.PNG

This is almost 4 years old, but I really liked what this YouTuber did here:

As a FPS player. The Battlefront games by Dice on the Frostbite engine look the best. But like the Crysis games, im not impressed by their gameplay.

TBH I'd vote for Fallout 3. I know it's old and not best looking game ATM, but when it came out...well, the Washington Wasteland still looks amazing to me.

Rise, Forza Horizon 3 and 4.

TBH I'd vote for Fallout 3. I know it's old and not best looking game ATM, but when it came out...well, the Washington Wasteland still looks amazing to me.
Nothing beats roaming the Capital wasteland and listening to Galaxy News FM with Three-dog.

I don't get into graphics much but sort of on topic... remember when you played games with cut scenes/cinematics and thought how good they looked? I specifically remember Command and Conquer Red Alert or Diablo 1's scenes... they are dog shit now... Hard to imagine the current graphics ageing the same way but they will....

I don't get into graphics much but sort of on topic... remember when you played games with cut scenes/cinematics and thought how good they looked? I specifically remember Command and Conquer Red Alert or Diablo 1's scenes... they are dog shit now... Hard to imagine the current graphics ageing the same way but they will....
Recent games DO age better than those though.

The old Gears of War games still look fuckin great,and will be enjoyable to look at 10,maybe 20 yrs from now.

CelJaded-Gears-of-War-2.jpg

Goldeneye? not so much

goldeneye.jpg

Recent games DO age better than those though.

The old Gears of War games still look fuckin great,and will be enjoyable to look at 10,maybe 20 yrs from now.

CelJaded-Gears-of-War-2.jpg

Goldeneye? not so much

goldeneye.jpg
I still feel we will see the current graphics or the old gears game as trash in 20 years or 9 for the gears game... it probably won't be as drastic as goldeneye. Maybe it will manifest as fluidity of movement in graphics and lighting or shadows as opposed to angles and dimension and pixels...

Probably the Witcher 3 on computer. That game was breathtaking. God of War on console. They did an incredible job on that one

They may not be PC melting or anything like that, but the Metal Slug games have always been amazing to me

ms1.gif

Complete-Concrete-Cricket-max-1mb.gif

They may not be PC melting or anything like that, but the Metal Slug games have always been amazing to me

ms1.gif

Complete-Concrete-Cricket-max-1mb.gif
I wish they still kept making 2d games that looked like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back