Best ufc card ever 10/10 card

He was coming off a gift decision over #13 Dan Henderson who was literally 46 years old.

Rob, Yoel, Mousasi, Jacare, Vitor, Weidman, Machida, & even Rockhold would all have been favored to beat Bisping at UFC 217
Rockhold was 'favoured' against Bisping at 199. Look what happened.

Ok now do the other 7 names that you know would've beaten Bisping.

Edit: make it 9, Kelvin & Kennedy were better than Bisping as well.
I don't 'know' that anyone could beat anyone.

Everyone knew Rockhold was gonna beat Bisping till he got sparked.

Everyone knew GSP was gonna beat Serra till he got sparked.

That's why they have the fights.

Edit: didn't notice it was mentioned a few times. @blaseblase , just curious when you became a fan? Were you watching back then when 92 happened, or are you viewing it with hindsight?

You're entitled to your opinion on the event either way of course, just curious as to what drives your Pov here
Literally the opposite. You are the one viewing it with hindsight. Think of where those fighters were in their career at the time that card happened.

C. B. Dollaway v Mike Massenzio was not a meaningful fight in 2008. Kongo vs a guy making his UFC debut was not a meaningful fight in 2008. Antoni Hardonk v Mike Wessel not meaningful. Pat Barry making his debut against an 0-1 fighter in the UFC. If that's your idea of GOAT card you have low standards. Compare that to the number of former champions and ranked fighters on 300. And that's BEFORE the card has happened. Nickal and Tsarukyan could both go on to be champions.

UFC 205 and 217 are probably the greatest cards ever.

To be honest UFC 299 and 300 could actually be even better

Literally the opposite. You are the one viewing it with hindsight. Think of where those fighters were in their career at the time that card happened.

C. B. Dollaway v Mike Massenzio was not a meaningful fight in 2008. Kongo vs a guy making his UFC debut was not a meaningful fight in 2008. Antoni Hardonk v Mike Wessel not meaningful. Pat Barry making his debut against an 0-1 fighter in the UFC. If that's your idea of GOAT card you have low standards. Compare that to the number of former champions and ranked fighters on 300. And that's BEFORE the card has happened. Nickal and Tsarukyan could both go on to be champions.
Honestly, I'm just curious if you were watching back then.

I'd probably agree that my bar for a 10/10 card is lower than most people, I think the UFC usually puts on at least one card a year that's like that.

To your broader point though, I do agree that people tend to overstate the depth of past cards because of nostalgia. Maybe I'm guilty of it here, but I'm going with how hype I was at the time.

For a fight night it's a 100/10. For a 300 it's a 7/10. For a card in general it's obviously a 10.

For a fight night it's a 100/10. For a 300 it's a 7/10. For a card in general it's obviously a 10.
This hits the mark for me as well. Personally, I think they went too heavily on the women's fights for 300, and the main event, while I'm sure it will not fail to deliver a violent finish, is indisputably lackluster.

Pereira is definitely a budding star, but I think we all expected more. Hill... Well, he's certainly not a star.

I blame Dana for overhyping it. It's his job to sell us hype, yes, but overhyping and under delivering is on him. I really did think he was bluffing the whole time with Conor and that we'd see him back.

!!!!!!

By far best post in here

A lot of people letting nostalgia cloud their judgement here as well. Someone suggested 84 as one of the best lol

Fact of the matter is ufc 300 has the most current/former champions + most ranked fighters on a card period

For perspective and comparison

The 2nd most champions on a card was 200 with 9, 300 has 12

And the 2nd most ranked fighters on a card was 205 with 15, 300 has 18 (I spent like 2 hours the other night using fight matrix historical rankings to confirm this)

How the fuck is this an average card or regular ppv

You’re post is by far the best I’ve seen regarding this topic imo good shit

I just went back and watched 116 another solid card. Was always a fan of Chris Leben. After watching this I forgot he KOD Simpson 2 weeks prior. I was rooting for Carwin but was a great fight. Probably 2 of the biggest heavyweights ever going for gold. I know Shane was slow but him vs Francis would have been interesting too see who really has the touch of death.

Back