Media BISPING: Francis Ngannou BOXES AGAIN on December 23! | Is it Anthony Joshua or Deontay Wilder?

Also pretty much everyone is in agreement Fury only got knocked down once, the video clip you linked doesn't work for me (region blocked) but most people say Fury got dragged down a little bit in that alleged knockdown. Slips and stumbles happen all the time, most refs can tell the difference between that and legit knockdowns.

Didn't the referee "miss" the blatant elbow like you said ? <seedat>

So nothing surprising that a biased referee will also miss the second knockdown :

"Should've been at least a draw" is reasonable if the point was deducted, but the foul was missed in the moment by the ref so it is what it is.

Also pretty much everyone is in agreement Fury only got knocked down once, the video clip you linked doesn't work for me (region blocked) but most people say Fury got dragged down a little bit in that alleged knockdown. Slips and stumbles happen all the time, most refs can tell the difference between that and legit knockdowns.

The problem with boxing is everything just "conveniently" happens exactly as needed to continue or move forward the state of boxing. Fouls, KDs, long counts, round winners, hell outright KOs, can all just happen or not happen however the state of boxing needs them too.

It's blatantly beyond open corruption which is why people prefer MMA. Nobody's saying MMA is perfect, but we also don't have shit like a referee literally telling judges they can't score something a KD or a foul even if they felt it was one and would otherwise score it as such. Or have complete discretion over when or if to give a count and for how long. Wilder knocked Fury fucking dead in the 1st fight, he was a literal corpse on the canvas and the ref still gave him his count and did it long too. And yeah most shocking thing I've ever seen Fury rose from the dead, but that absolutely should've been called off. Meanwhile Fury drops Wilder in the 3rd fight far less bad and the ref immediately stops it.

Nobody gives a shit about boxing these days because every time they watch it it disgusts them. Everybody knows exactly what's going to happen every time because it's just openly rigged and nobody even bothers pretending otherwise.

Meltzer doesn't get PPV numbers of any sort.

He uses an estimate which is his own conjuring.

It has been objectively been proven to be wrong before

He doesn't have any source for his information. it's a wild guess.

Metlzer is also a very bias guy. He serves money. He charges people for his newsletter.

Dana White is one of Meltzer's big benefactors. Until Meltzer provides a proper source for the numbers, it's just another attempt to downplay this whole thing

Truth is it was a big spectacle. The whole world was watching. Tons of A-List celebrities were in in attendance, and even the likes of LeBron James was tweeting about the fight.

You sheep can keep parroting propaganda all you want, it doesn't change the fact that this was the biggest thing in sports when it happened.
No it wasnt..

I could sat the same about spence-crawford

probably neither cause it's boxing. After what they just saw frank do to fury, do you actually think boxing divas are gonna sign to fight frankis with less than 2 months notice?

Make way for more possible failed frankis Failed Pay per view sale figure elephants in the room while NPCs cheer it as a win for frank. Was it a win for the poor bastard who had to foot the bill for the failed PPV selling event? Frankis was never a good MMA draw and he probably wont ever be a great boxing draw either, even if he wins all the boxing belts. There have been plenty of boxing champs who were never a draw.

My pro wrasslin booker intuition knows he just doesnt resonate with the mass fans and never will. He's the cure for insomnia on the mic even when he gets pissed and cusses n his age rounds up to 40n his own way. Frankis is already playing his scum bag games he did to dana again to the PFL n is already backing out on his word yet again by essentially saying he probably wont fight for PFL after he signed to . He is a nightmare to deal with backstage and in wrasslin life that's the biggest reason frank gets ifight for PFL(after PFL made large investments under the false pretense that they were getting francis). Frank's signature saying he'll fight for you is about as worthless as used toilet paper. He signed his name and backed out on his word dragging out shit for years with dana before that and now hes up to his same old WAHHncis tricks. If this man hasn't corrected his many kinks by now, then he never will.

Last edited:
85364030e874648ba857d00d443b7ee6

I have no idea why you guys keep lying about them being the same size. Any of one you would call this a size disparity in any other fight but are instead pretending Fury still clearly wasn't the bigger man like he always is.

Francis could succeed like he did because he has a retard level chin and built a gameplan around being able to take shots to land his own once Fury was out of position because Francis was surprisingly still standing there unaffected. Fury landed plenty of good shots that would've hurt someone else. Fury and his team were completely unprepared for Francis' chin, something that's only possible if they knew nothing about Francis as we've all been saying for years Francis has a great chin.

The rest are minimal to the impact Francis' chin had on the fight. Yes Francis was stronger. Yes he surprised Fury in the clinch (which again shouldn't have been a surprise against an MMA fighter if they'd bothered preparing). Nothing was more impactful than Fury not being prepared for Francis to be able to take whatever he threw at him to still be there to send it back against Fury's own far weaker chin. You could literally see it on his face the first time he caught Francis clean and Francis didn't even blink that Fury didn't know what to do if Francis actually could take all his shots just fine.

Uh no. You're missing the point entirely. They signed to fight Usyk while already signed to fight Francis, and for only 2 months later on top of that. The first is bad enough, but doing so for nearly immediately afterwards? What possible more of a sign could you want to show they were completely looking past him than they thought they could just fight 2 months later against their competitor for #1 HW?

In fact if anything they probably planned on using Ngannou as the beginning of their Usyk camp. Start the 3 month Usyk camp with a detour 4 weeks into it spar Ngannou for the easy paycheque. That makes way more sense than that they actually did a full Ngannou camp and then were planning to immediately pivot into only an 8 week camp for Usyk their hardest fight. Fury would be completely worn out by that and underprepared for Usyk, which is a terrible idea.

Or the easy and logical answer is that it's Ngannou that he was unprepared for as he hadn't.

Both weighed in over 270 pounds. Francis was 272 and Fury was 277. That's what I mean by same size. Who cares if Francis is 6,7 to Fury's 6,9 and had a 2 inch reach advantage. It's not much difference at all.
Most of Fury's top opponents are much lighter than that because boxers generally are. His heaviest previous opponent was Chisora at 261 back in 2011. Fury has been using the husky boy strategy for a while now. He finally ran into someone he couldn't clinch to recover.

Yes the Ngganou camp was used as part of the Fury camp for Usyk. Of course that was the case, it doesn't mean he didn't prepare for him. He said himself he did a 12 week camp for the fight. He did 6 week camps for Wilder and Whyte in comparison. 2 months later is 1-2 weeks to rest up and then back into a 6 week camp for Usyk, which is no different to usual. I am guessing he just wanted to get the last 2 fights in and then retire after the Usyk fight and go into it nice and fit.

"Fury lost to a non boxer" lol you guys really get caught up in that knockdown huh? Boxing scoring is just math, stop being so emotional about it.

If you knew nothing about either fighter prior to watching it, and just looked at it as Fighter A Vs Fighter B, would you be so passionate to say that Ngannou definitely scored more points than Fury over the 10 rounds? I don't think you would.

Even pro boxing doesn't just go off strike stats, that's ammy.

Ngganou should have gotten the nod in the rounds where there were only 1-3 strike differences because his shots had more power. Even the judges score cards are all over the place. Throw in the point deduction for an intentional elbow and Francis won that fight. The fact that the argument is"he landed more strikes" when we have only 1-3 strikes in most rounds tells you that Francis won the fight. He won every other criteria on 6-10 rounds, got a knockdown AND was hit with one of the most blatant illegal elbows we have seen in modern boxing.

Boxing really won. They get Francis Ngannou while we get Jones vs Stipe in early 2025.

Haven’t followed it closely.
Do we really have to wait over a year for this one?

Not very imo. Francis is a beast and what I’ve seen in interviews is even more encouraging - a really humble and intelligent guy.

Edit: yes it would still be insane in the sense that he’s transitioned over from mma!
Would be wild.
I’d be interested in seeing whether he can hang on and tire out Wilder the same (probably better) way that Fury did.

Think it will be chinese power Big Bang. That might be a very tough fight given he has a granite chin, is a large fellow like Fury and Ngannou and packs a lot of power in his punches

He's had one pro fight in which he didn't win so why does he get a shot at the number 4 and 3 guy? Shouldn't he have to go up the rankings and well...and half the people celebrating this complain when the same thing happens in MMA.
Terrible take. There's more to fights than W/L, and the Fury match was a prime example. Ngannou's debut boxing match was against the current HW champ, it went to a split decision that many felt Ngannou won, he scored the only knockdown of the fight, and took almost no damage while fury was busted up. He clearly showed he belongs there.

Francis has a great chance against either. Joshua is a better boxer than Deontay, but he doesnt have the power to stop Francis. Deontay might have the power to stop Francis, but he can get sloppy and Francis can definitely exploit that with his power.

Fury's greatest assets are his size, endurance and durability. Francis put each of those to the test when they fought. Fury didnt hurt Francis once and Francis landed the more effective strikes. I think he gets better and better with every fight. His confidence must be through the roof as well.

Whoever fights him next is gonna get an even better version.

As Francis is 37 I understand he wants to cash out but lets say he fights Joshua and Joshua easily dominates him, nobody will care about him anymore, they will say the Fury fight was a fluke etc. I say take it slow, build up the hype, maybe crush some can in PFL and then get another boxing match.

your theory makes sense if Francis was 27 not 37. At 37 here's nearing the end. He just came off knee surgery, he needs to be active. He wants to make generational wealth. And at the very least even if he gets koed he still will have made 30-40 milllion

Francis wants more of dat boxing money.

just move away? he's going to have to engage sooner or later and that's when Ngannou will catch him. if Ngannou does what he did to Fury he can beat Joshua too especially if Ngannou goes to the body. Joshua is also the bigger name. risking a fight with Wilder who lost twice to Fury, has monstrous power and does not have the name recognition that Joshua has seems like a major step down compared to fighting Joshua who neither Fury or Wilder have fought.

Just like he “did to Fury”?

I had Fury win by a point, and a lot of media sources did too. That’s my point. Joshua may get hurt along the way, but you can see how he can win slow/quiet rounds and add them up for a decision .

Wilder is gonna be there to exchange

I had Fury win by a point, and a lot of media sources did too. That’s my point. Joshua may get hurt along the way, but you can see how he can win slow/quiet rounds and add them up for a decision .

sure, they both can beat Ngannou. but if Joshua gets hurt, i believe Ngannou will finish him. i don't necessarily think that about Wilder, because Wilder has an equalizer. Ngannou will have to be much more cautious if he hurts WIlder.

Heavyweight MMA at this point is plain trash. Regardless of the organization.
You'd have to go back to the days of Pride and UFC competing to find HW being any good with consistency..

Wilder is NOT winning a decision against really anyone LOL..

He is there to knock you the fuck out every single time..

I find it hard to believe.
Taking a quick turnaround against complicated opponents who are not very big names, I don't see much benefit.
The fight could be good to watch though

I guess if the Saudis are offering him another 10m why not?

Joshua said he's not interested, only fights that get him in title contention.

Leaves Wilder as the obvious choice if he wants it.

Back