BJJ grappling Khabib vs Gordon Ryan

You cannot be serious. You can put Khabib on top of Gordon in whatever position and Ryan would win with greatest of ease. There is more of a difference between khabib and ryan than between khabib and dustin in BJJ. It would be painful for Khabib, I assure you. Not even counting the weight difference.

Come on dude. Gordon is the BJJ GOAT, in his prime, and spends all day every focused on specifically that skill. Khabib's MMA grappling is a completely different thing. Not to mention Gordon is way, way bigger than Khabib. There's really zero intrigue in this.... Gordon would do whatever he wants to Khabib in a BJJ match.

It's not at all like Conor/Floyd- In that situation, Floyd was the smaller guy and older/retired. So at least there was something there to sell to the casuals.... In this situation, every single element favors Gordon Ryan. If Gordon was old and retired and the much smaller guy.... then maybe you could sell something. But there's nothing here.
I liked your comment,I jjust have one note
To date, bjj goat is Roger Gracie. No one has done what he did. Gordon may end up being bigger, but not now.
A theory matchup between prime Roger and prime gordon would be fireworks. Specially if Roger also drink that juice

Thread title is "BJJ grappling Khabib vs. Gordon Ryan", so I'm not sure why you're bringing up MMA ;)

because it’s an mma forum you dolt

maybe we can start making threads about who would win in a war

mma or a sword fighter?

bjj or gun slinger?

maybe samurai vs knight?

you bjj homers are the worst

bjj sucks deal with it

In a straight grappling match? Gordon would toy with khabib and sub him easily.

Gordon Ryan would manhandle. Sheer power he'd crush him, no technique would be needed.

because it’s an mma forum you dolt

maybe we can start making threads about who would win in a war

mma or a sword fighter?

bjj or gun slinger?

maybe samurai vs knight?

you bjj homers are the worst

bjj sucks deal with it

Settle down, silly guy...

The topic of the thread was to generate discussion on how one of MMA's elite grapplers might fare against the current top dog in no-gi BJJ in a straight grappling matchup.

But apparently you are so insecure at the general feeling that Gordon handles Khabib in straight grappling that you felt the need to make a completely irrelevant assertion that Khabib beats him in MMA.

Gordon is a LHW that's roided to the gills that specializes in BJJ. Not a good idea for Khabib.

You cannot be serious. You can put Khabib on top of Gordon in whatever position and Ryan would win with greatest of ease. There is more of a difference between khabib and ryan than between khabib and dustin in BJJ. It would be painful for Khabib, I assure you. Not even counting the weight difference.
This. I love Khabib in MMA and also a Prime Anderson Silva for comparison.

But start Khabib on the back of Ryan and let Anderson Silva (in his prime) take a few shots at Fury and both are losing at pure BJJ and Boxing.

(Both lighter fighters to follow the thread)

Gordon is a LHW that's roided to the gills that specializes in BJJ. Not a good idea for Khabib.

If I was in to car racing and everybody was using Nos, damn I would think I need some Nos.
Same with BJJ, they don't have the testing of MMA so let's fucking juice up. Skills are still skills. I don't look down on Pride VS UFC because in Pride all of the top fighters was juiced up.

Settle down, silly guy...

The topic of the thread was to generate discussion on how one of MMA's elite grapplers might fare against the current top dog in no-gi BJJ in a straight grappling matchup.

But apparently you are so insecure at the general feeling that Gordon handles Khabib in straight grappling that you felt the need to make a completely irrelevant assertion that Khabib beats him in MMA.

I wonder who the real insecure person is who makes a thread about a fringe sport on an mma forum lol

what a combat sport where you need to restrict someone only to the ground with no striking lol

what happened to bjj being the best combat art form? Where are the bjj dominant champions? What happened to bjj being so great that you can beat anyone even when they are heavier than you?

Now what do we have? We have a bjj roided clown wanting to fight someone way smaller than them while not having any strikes or standing game

just lmfao

I wonder who the real insecure person is who makes a thread about a fringe sport on an mma forum lol

what a combat sport where you need to restrict someone only to the ground with no striking lol

what happened to bjj being the best combat art form? Where are the bjj dominant champions? What happened to bjj being so great that you can beat anyone even when they are heavier than you?

Now what do we have? We have a bjj roided clown wanting to fight someone way smaller than them while not having any strikes or standing game

just lmfao
Hmm….not sure why the bjj hate, but it is one of the 3 pillars of mma. Without it , you’re f*cked. I guarantee most mma fighters would love to work with Ryan to get pointers on how they can improve their jiu jitsu. He is on a different plane than everyone else. He is smashing everyone…..

Khabib would never accept this match, he'd get pulled appart.

But ask Javier Mendez, he'll tell you Khabib beat Karelin in pure wrestling and would knee bar Gordon, blindfolded.

Back