Blades should retire. He is 30...not 22

It sounds cold, but I believe the UFC should use this as an opportunity to cut him.

Blaydes is obviously very talented, but probably not champion-quality and his style is far from fan-friendly.

At this point there's no real benefit in keeping him around. All he's going to do is beat the middle and upper-middle tier guys (probably in boring fashion) and then crash and burn against the elite.

he was piecing the beast up on the ft. lost because of a sloppy takedown attempt

Calm down, everyone can loose in hw within a sec, doesnt matter how prepared you are... All is needed is just strike off the right spot..

Honestly he just does not have it, he is taking some serious damage. On paper he has all the skills to be great but he just does not have the fight iq.

He is tailor made to beat Lewis and Nganou but he has no power and he really is not a great wrestler.

Cain/DC are great mma wrestlers Blades is not. He has the credentials but he is not built like a HW mma wrestler.

I don't think he has anything to offer the sport. He will clearly never be great.

Jack of all trades

He needs to retire.

He is 30
Sure, he looks like 45 due to his beard, but he is 30
He is one of the best HWs
Top grappling
You win 3, you lose 1
Not a shitty record

Grow some balls, post this on your actual account.

Reactions: THC
Idk about retiring but he’s racking up damage quickly and his ceiling seems to have been established. He needs to be careful for sure.

Lololol, 1 fight ago, he was a legit contender, most skilled, accomplished, technical and all the gifts to be champion.

he gets KO’d by a well timed uppercut as he was shooting in......and now he has bad fight iq and should retire. Hahahah fucking sherdog. Not everyone is a loser who gives up when something doesnt go their way. A lot of you guys are little emos just dwelling on the negatives. Look at his record, he’s a top HW.

I call BS

He is only 30, and he failed because of idiots in his corner. He needs to change camp.

If he kept piecing Lewis up he would most likely knock him out in the second, the leg was getting pieced up and he was faster on the exchanges. Idiots in the corner pushed the strategy of taking Lewis down for zero reason.

These overreaction threads are always fun.

The TS has a thread calling Lewis the GOAT. And this one for Blaydes to retire. Made within a half hour of eachother. He’s a trash poster that nobody should give their attention to.

Blaydes is making a great income and can easily fulfill two more contracts and financially secure his and families future forever in 5-6 years.
Why on earth would he even contemplate retiring?

<Dany07> I'll admit he lost about 10 years off that chin last night but for a 29 year old to retire when he has about 4 or 5 years to clean up his act before he moves into the mid 30's to 40's heavyweight prime is preposterous.

Lewis is a KO artist plain and simple, should the other 19 guys he blasted have retired? <LikeReally5>

LOL one loss and you should retired. Those casuals are annoying. The problem with heavy weight is that genetics are way more important than skills. I think he should go to lhw where skills are more important and you are less likely to get one shot KO.

Reactions: THC
If anybody at HW should retire it should be Arlovski. That dude has resorted to closing his eyes and lunging in when he fights, he's got no business being in the octagon anymore.

Back