Blizzard/Activision, how far will they fall?

Ehhhh....youre a little full of shit on this one.

Nineteen years in the FPS genre. 2000 till 2002 i played and competed in Team Fortress. If you look at my gameplay critiques of Overwatch from then they were true, with some still being true to this day.

MMORPG's are completely different to FPS's. WoW's value isnt two to fourteen year old content. Saying it does creates this line of thinking that Fallout 4 and its six expansions single player linear system are similar to WoW's base game and seven expansions. WoW as a game isnt designed for prior content.

They ruined Overwatch with the introduction of Brigette. She's the worst.

The levels of QQ in this topic are off the scale.

Blizzard is great, and they make some of the best games. Diablo 3 was a failure by our standards because it didn't live up to D2, but it was a still a good game if you think about it. I played it for a good 2 years straight. How many games do you really play for 2 years straight or longer? Starcraft was kind of an anomaly in the fact that it was still an active game 10+ years, because it was just such a great strategy game you couldn't top it. Most games don't last nearly that long.

Blizzard is great, and they make some of the best games. Diablo 3 was a failure by our standards because it didn't live up to D2, but it was a still a good game if you think about it.

umm... no?

it was pretty terrible by any objective standard. the itemization, always online single player only, no pvp, no customization/builds, stats being irrelevant, absolutely terrrrrribad plot, shit/basic combat (always hit, etc) zero endgame... i could go on and on. and while this is subjective, i hated the bright/cartoony graphics.

there's a reason why it fizzled out after a couple weeks. it was... really bad.

I played it for a good 2 years straight.

Br00TCn.gif

umm... no?

it was pretty terrible by any objective standard. the itemization, always online single player only, no pvp, no customization/builds, stats being irrelevant, absolutely terrrrrribad plot, shit/basic combat (always hit, etc) zero endgame... i could go on and on. and while this is subjective, i hated the bright/cartoony graphics.

Br00TCn.gif

It fizzled after a few weeks? That's just completely false.

Wait... A game that sold 12 million units by the end of 2012 continues on to sell over 30 million units by the end of 2015 has "fizzled out after a couple weeks"?

I don't think "fizzled out after a couple weeks" means what you think it means by virtue of how successful the game is by any objective standpoint.

Wait... A game that sold 12 million units by the end of 2012 continues on to sell over 30 million units by the end of 2015 has "fizzled out after a couple weeks"?

I don't think "fizzled out after a couple weeks" means what you think it means by virtue of how successful the game is by any objective standpoint.

1. expansion
2. consoles

i'm talking about d3 at/soon after release.

this was 3 weeks after d3 launched. he puts it well enough. there was no endgame, no pvp, and basically nothing to do... and they made it even easier.

Last edited:

Yeah that's a load of shit, I've got 15 - 20 friends who still play it non stop, the game still sells and a fuckload of people still play it. I'd hardly say it fizzled out lmao.

hurr durr, it's as if the expansion gave it a resurgance, or something! unpossible!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-19-diablo-3-the-state-of-play-two-months-after-launch

2 months after launch. mentions sharp decrease in players. ermagerhd, amirite?
You have any actual numbers to back up your claims, or are you going to stick with flimsy anecdotes?

Look man, if you didn't like the game, that's completely fine. You don't have to lie about the state of the game or it's level of success to get your point across. It will exist as the third best-selling game of all time regardless of how you feel.

But if you can't back your point up with actual facts or objective information, your posts amount to nothing more than sophomoric prose with absolutely no credibility.

The levels of QQ in this topic are off the scale.

Rightfully so.

Blizzard moved from being the badass motherfucker studio that made Blackthorne, Starcraft, and Warcraft 3 ... to being an SJW cuck studio with focus on not offending anyone with their games, pushing an LGBT agenda, and making horseshit mobile games.

Activision & Blizzard = Disney & Star Wars

I can’t tell if anyone’s defending Blizzard in this thread or if it’s just 3-4 posters arguing about the varying degree to which Blizzard sucks these days. And a lot of squabbling and personal attacks.

This is probably the worst thread this sub has ever had. Arguably it should be locked and everyone can move on with their lives. @Valhoven

You have any actual numbers to back up your claims, or are you going to stick with flimsy anecdotes?

Look man, if you didn't like the game, that's completely fine. You don't have to lie about the state of the game or it's level of success to get your point across. It will exist as the third best-selling game of all time regardless of how you feel.

But if you can't back your point up with actual facts or objective information, your posts amount to nothing more than sophomoric prose with absolutely no credibility.

sorry if one of the devs mentioning a sharp dropoff within 2 months has no credibility. i can see why a diablo 3 dev would want to lie about that. i guess the d3 dev was also lying about how it didn't have pvp yet and they were hoping that upcoming patches would fix their player retention problems.

sorry if everything i mentioned was/is true. and backed up by the most known d3 streamer whore... 3 weeks in.

my god. there's revisionist history and then there's blind fanboyism.

you guys clearly weren't playing/paying attention to that turd in 2012.

you guys clearly weren't playing/paying attention to that turd in 2012.

I think most would agree that it was a turd when it first came out. What you can't seem to wrap you're brain around is that they fixed it, which is why people are still playing it today. In 2019, what does it matter how the game played at release? Your argument is that of 12 year old.

At worst, you have a developer that was raked across the coals for delivering a sub-par product, listened to complaints, got rid of the bullshit, tweaked it, and added a ton of content to please it's fan base. Oh' my God, what monsters!

I think most would agree that it was a turd when it first came out. What you can't seem to wrap you're brain around is that they fixed it, which is why people are still playing it today. In 2019, what does it matter how the game played at release? Your argument is that of 12 year old.

At worst, you have a developer that was raked across the coals for delivering a sub-par product, listened to complaints, got rid of the bullshit, tweaked it, and added a ton of content to please it's fan base. Oh' my God, what monsters!

let me get this straight:

we should praise dev's for putting out $60 pieces of shit that are colossal fuck-ups because 2 years later, after a DLC (and another purchase), it'll be a much better* game (because it's a different game)? especially when there's blatant fraud involved?

d3: reaper of souls may/may not be an ok game (never played, no care) - but d3 was a giant piece of shit.

are you SERIOUSLY insinuating that i shouldn't have complained about that $60 fraudulent cash grab and should have given blizzard MORE MONEY to download the expansion?

lolzturtle.gif

Last edited:
let me get this straight:

we should praise dev's for putting out $60 pieces of shit that are colossal fuck-ups because 2 years later, after a DLC (and another purchase), it'll be a much better* game (because it's a different game)? especially when there's blatant fraud involved?

d3: reaper of souls may/may not be an ok game (never played, no care) - but d3 was a giant piece of shit.

are you SERIOUSLY insinuating that i shouldn't have complained about that $60 fraudulent cash grab and should have given blizzard MORE MONEY to download the expansion?

lolzturtle.gif

So let me get this straight, you haven't even played the game you are bitching about...

You asked me a couple days ago why would anyone switch from POE to Diablo 3, having only played the base game of D3, as if you knew what the 2019 D3 experience had to offer. Awesome.

I mean, I can see your point of them cashing in on an expansion, but your complaints have gone way beyond that. You literally have no idea what you're talking about, but continue to talk like you do.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Back