Blizzard/Activision, how far will they fall?

Can you not read or something? He said when you put heavy armour on the character she’s still in a bikini, just a metal one.
I played WoW again a couple years ago. The female armor was nothing like that. Are these the original designs? I played nothing but male characters and at the time dont remember people complaining about that. Do you have problems with characters like Mai from King of Fighters?

Lol Japanese are known for drawing characters in this manner. I just dont see the problem with it. Not everything needs to represent reality.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand not only evaded completely, but hilariously with some weird xenophobic/japanese strawman, itself. (ah, yes. blizzard, the japanese company. didn't miss a chance to blame japan, out of nowhere, in a thread about blizzard, after i called you out on an oddly specific pattern...)

did i call that or what?

What a great group of guys. Really surprising all these horrible allegations have come to light.

Disingenuous to begin with, "I was wondering if we could have some that don't look like they just stepped out of VS." She deserved a dismissive response.

You should be allowed to make the game however you want

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand not only evaded completely, but hilariously with some weird xenophobic/japanese strawman, itself. (ah, yes. blizzard, the japanese company. didn't miss a chance to blame japan, out of nowhere, in a thread about blizzard, after i called you out on an oddly specific pattern...)

did i call that or what?
You're mentally ill. How did you get that take from my post? Im defending their choice to animate their characters in that manner. You took the complete opposite argument.

Disingenuous to begin with, "I was wondering if we could have some that don't look like they just stepped out of VS." She deserved a dismissive response.

You should be allowed to make the game however you want
Nah, she approached them completely respectfully and simply asked for some more representation.

Says a lot about anyone who feels she deserved to be booed and condescended to. You can stick to your own vision without being a piece of shit towards someone.

You're mentally ill. How did you get that take from my post? Im defending their choice to animate their characters in that manner. You took the complete opposite argument.

strawman, already? and more evasion?

lolz @ me taking the opposite argument. you can't even follow my argument, or you refuse to focus on what i ACTUALLY said. it's as if... there's a pattern with your posts.

strawman, already? and more evasion?

lolz @ me taking the opposite argument. you can't even follow my argument, or you refuse to focus on what i ACTUALLY said. it's as if... there's a pattern with your posts.
You seriously have issues. I think most posters have caught onto your act by now. Many game creators choose to illustrate characters in a manner they consider aesthetically pleasing. Japanese game creators have been doing this for decades. Look at Tifa from ff7 or Mai for KoV. They have a right to illustrate them however they want. What is happening with Blizzard now is certainly scummy but this 10 year old video is not even relevant and a very poor example.

You seriously have issues. I think most posters have caught onto your act by now. Many game creators choose to illustrate characters in a manner they consider aesthetically pleasing. Japanese game creators have been doing this for decades. Look at Tifa from ff7 or Mai for KoV. They have a right to illustrate them however they want. What is happening with Blizzard now is certainly scummy but this 10 year old video is not even relevant and a very poor example.

so back to japan... because THAT'S relevant.

so you only go SJW (repeatedly) when it's about chinese, eh? intredasting.

so back to japan... because THAT'S relevant.

so you only go SJW (repeatedly) when it's about chinese, eh? intredasting.
You accused me of being xenophobic and blaming Japan when i literally said i dont care how game creators design video game characters. You're mental man holy crap lol. The great thing is all my posts are in this thread so anyone can see you're being disingenuous here.

You accused me of being xenophobic and blaming Japan when i literally said i dont care how game creators design video game characters. You're mental man holy crap lol. The great thing is all my posts are in this thread so anyone can see you're being disingenuous here.

lolz. yeah, I'M mental - from one who keeps talking about japan. in a blizzard thread.

but yes, i fully believe you don't give a shit about how women's pixels are designed... well, as long as they're not supposed to be chinese. from this to tlou to yang... there's a really weird, strangely consistent theme that your posts carry.

<LikeReally5>

lolz. yeah, I'M mental - from one who keeps talking about japan. in a blizzard thread.

but yes, i fully believe you don't give a shit about how women's pixels are designed... well, as long as they're not supposed to be chinese. from this to tlou to yang... there's a really weird, strangely consistent theme that your posts carry.

<LikeReally5>
Zero clue what you're going on about

Me: Innocent until proven guilty is sacred! We have to fight back against metoo culture because moving the burden of proof sets a dangerous precedent. It threatens to bring down the west itself. We have to defend men's rights while we still can!

Also me: Accusations of harrassment at BLIZZARD? Obviously this is 100% truthful and accurate. No need for an investigation, just shut it all down immediately! #Ibelievewomen

I played Starcraft and Warcraft back in the late 90s, but over the last two decades the only game Blizzard has put out I've played extensively was Starcraft 2.

Diablo? Never cared for it.
World of Warcraft? Couldn't care less.

What I am absolutely disgusted by is.... how shitty their games have been in recent years. How the fuck do they screw up a fucking RTS remaster?

Don't get me started about how they've been CCP cucks because they want their share of that chinese money.

So, as for all of this 'sexual harassment alligations' in a 'frat-boy culture game studio' all I have to say is... oh I'm so sorry to hear this is happening to the best game studio ever.

Looking forward to this video.

What a great group of guys. Really surprising all these horrible allegations have come to light.

What's so bad about this? I'm confused

Really?

"What catalogue would you like them to walk out of"

How dismissive can you get?

It was a dumb question and she deserved a dumb response. Why are we defending feminists? Men are usually depicted with six packs and massive arms, I don't feel threatened by that.

I'm being serious, why is it a problem for female characters to look feminine? Male characters are usually ripped in video games as well. I didn't take you for the woke type.

By the way, this is totally unrelated to what is happening currently.

I'm specifically talking about that video posted.

Wearing a bikini into battle = feminine

<36>

That's the player's choice. There's plenty of armor available in the game if you want to cover up. Don't understand your point. Can't male characters go without body armor as well?

Can you not read or something? He said when you put heavy armour on the character she’s still in a bikini, just a metal one.

Oh god... that clip is being spread around the net to illustrate how 'sexist' the Blizzard execs are?

How would feel if Anita Sarkeesian asked that question? Or a hardcore Christian mother that was pissed off her innocent son saw lewd women in a videogame they made?

Ask yourself - Would the woman asking that question have been fully satisfied with a toggle on the options menu to make every female character be fully covered up? So she, and other sensitive people, could turn it on and not be offended by women not being fully covered up? Or, does she want the development team to impede their vision for a fantasy world? To censor it for everyone, because it offended her?

Apparently she is such a Blizzard fan she attended Blizzcon 2010, was granted the opportunity to ask a question to the panel, and she asked that question, basically accusing them of being perverts.

I bet she'd be fully satisfied with a Blizzard game full of women straight out of a Victoria Secret cataloge today.

R.21925a93e783c489bf650229309c52a3

OIP.EZz3rxiB87W8mSOyiblfKwHaLH

Me: Innocent until proven guilty is sacred! We have to fight back against metoo culture because moving the burden of proof sets a dangerous precedent. It threatens to bring down the west itself. We have to defend men's rights while we still can!

Also me: Accusations of harrassment at BLIZZARD? Obviously this is 100% truthful and accurate. No need for an investigation, just shut it all down immediately! #Ibelievewomen

Well, seeing as how this matter is heading to litigation the accusations actually are going to be tested in Court and Blizzard will in fact be entitled to due process, so let’s see what develops.

Nah, she approached them completely respectfully and simply asked for some more representation.

Says a lot about anyone who feels she deserved to be booed and condescended to. You can stick to your own vision without being a piece of shit towards someone.
She didn't approach respectfully, the VS comment is snarky at best. But I don't even care about that, I care about the implication she made that all of the blizzard female characters are drawn that way, which just isn't true. Like I said, it's dishonest from the outset. He wasn't a piece of shit to her. She came out with the Victoria Secret catalogue comment and he responded within the same framing. I can't speak for those who booed her, I don't know if you're saying that says a lot about me, or a lot about them, but I don't really view that any different than the people who were cheering her.

EDIT: I may not have been very precise in my original response but I wasn't trying to say that you were being disingenuous, I was saying she was. Just clarifying

Last edited:
Back