Bo Nickal is absolutely terrible

Looks like one of those dominant wrestlers that doesn't react well to getting hit because they're not used to getting hit lol.

His striking is very far behind his wrestling. Will be a problem because that wrestling is legit but I still have some questions regarding his chin and his ability to take punishment. Didn't like what I saw when Bundrage tagged him a couple times
This.
/Thread

Bo belongs in the prelims for now until he can show that he has a well rounded game. His fight in no way belonged in the main card.

Bo will always be cool to me. He slept this moron I used to train bjj with.

Horrible submissions skills on the ground, can get people down but becomes an Almeida afterwards.

A hot prospect with -2000 odds should not go to the 2nd round with Cody Brundage
He's alright, and he's still green in MMA. I'd give him a few more fights before judging him so harshly my guy. I'll tell you this though, they should have moved Jiri to the main event over him.

He’s undefeated. That’s gotta count for something. He’s only got 5 fights.
He may not be worth all the hype but to call him absolutely horrible is a little heavy handed

He's alright, and he's still green in MMA. I'd give him a few more fights before judging him so harshly my guy. I'll tell you this though, they should have moved Jiri to the main event over him.
No problem being green but he's talking about being champ soon so the hate is deserved

Looked like he didn’t know what to do with someone who doesn’t roll over at the start of the fight.

It's crazy that he was on the main card fighting another hand picked can but Jiri vs Rakic were on the prelims.

ufc badly want an all - 'merican hype job/champ.

Bro, shut the hell up.

Brundage is no can. He beat the shit out of Malkoun and then finished him all in one round. Then he finished Reese who had won a DWCS main event.

What the fuck has Jiri ever done in comparison to that?

If that doesn't get you on UFC 300, then nothing will.

Brundage > Jiri.

You need to think befor you run your dumb mouth.

Let's not forget this guy only has six pro fights. Yesterday wasn't a bad showing; it just showed he's still green and has a lot to learn before he's ready for top-level talent. They should avoid the mistake they made with Darren Till. Build him up slowly; he's not ready to face a top 15 ranked opponent just yet. If Bo Nickal keeps winning, I can see him contending for the belt in another 5-6 fights.

Why was that on the main card lol.

Harrison vs Holm could have been on the main card over that

yeah that's what really pissed me off about the whole thing.

the prelims and undercard were filled with legends and you have this random guy getting special treatment because he's a college wrestling champion (not even an Olympic champion like Kayla) and was on the contender series (and he's 28 years old by the way, how is this the next big thing if you're still building him up at a point where most prospects fight for titles?).

you can also see the fan criticism get to him, suggesting that he has holes in his mental game.

28 years old with only 6 fights.

wear n' tear from an athletic career that began in toddler-years.

amateur skillset.

this is not the big thing.

Dana don goofed again

Let's not forget this guy only has six pro fights. Yesterday wasn't a bad showing; it just showed he's still green and has a lot to learn before he's ready for top-level talent. They should avoid the mistake they made with Darren Till. Build him up slowly; he's not ready to face a top 15 ranked opponent just yet. If Bo Nickal keeps winning, I can see him contending for the belt in another 5-6 fights.

he's 28 years old.

why exactly is he getting a customized path to the title?

from a sports-angle, it's completely unfair.

throwing the sports-angle out of the window, it's questionable from a business-angle as well because this guy isn't interesting or charismatic. he's hard-working grinder but that doesn't bring fan appeal.

you're importing amateur-level fighters and spending a lot of time and money just to build-up a 28 year old guy who's been damaging his body from toddler years.

what makes Bo Nickal so special?

he's not an Olympic medalist, he's a college champion.

he's 28 years old but he's at the MMA stage of a 22 year old.

why is the UFC forcing us to watch a Jon Fitch/Josh Koscheck type of fighter fight amateur guys on main cards?

this is so dumb.

Yeah we're gunna have to deal with it as he will likely use his wrestling as a crutch any time he's in a sticky situation. That includes minimal damage and ground control only

he's 28 years old.

why exactly is he getting a customized path to the title?

from a sports-angle, it's completely unfair.

throwing the sports-angle out of the window, it's questionable from a business-angle as well because this guy isn't interesting or charismatic. he's hard-working grinder but that doesn't bring fan appeal.

you're importing amateur-level fighters and spending a lot of time and money just to build-up a 28 year old guy who's been damaging his body from toddler years.

what makes Bo Nickal so special?

he's not an Olympic medalist, he's a college champion.

he's 28 years old but he's at the MMA stage of a 22 year old.

why is the UFC forcing us to watch a Jon Fitch/Josh Koscheck type of fighter fight amateur guys on main cards?

this is so dumb.
You're making some solid points, and I generally agree with everything you've mentioned.

Bo Nickal has shown a lot of talent and potential in his early professional fights. His impressive collegiate wrestling background and typical "All-American" persona have made him a standout prospect in the sport.

I still believe this is true, and for a promotion, it’s perfectly ethical to tailor the career path of a promising fighter a bit. However, what I really appreciate about this sport is that it doesn't follow the same model as boxing. The best end up fighting the best, and eventually, Bo Nickal will have to face the best in his division. That's when we'll truly see if he has what it takes to become a champion in this sport.

In the meantime, I don't think it's time to throw him to the sharks just yet; he should be built up slowly. However, I'll admit, he might not quite deserve the big push he's currently getting. He shouldn’t of been on the main card yesterday.

Back