News Bo Nikal to return Sept 27th on CONTENDER SERIES;Manager tells fans to chill

Which 0-3 fighter will fight him next?

They did the same thing to Hardy right? He won impressively but they wanted to get him the experience and see more cage time from him.

He needs a fighter with great takedown/submission defense who can scramble with average striking for a solid test. Anything like his last fight doesn't do much for experience and doesn't really do anything to really test him. He has big stage experience already, he needs to be tested in what he isn't great at and how he handles adversity in mma.
Put him against Ikram Aliskerov lets see if hes the real deal.

I dont really get the hype on this guy. This guy is not a better wrestler than Ed Ruth.
He's not much better wrestler than Aaron Pico if at all. Hendricks was as good of a wrestler in my opinion. So was Askren. And the list goes on like Cejudo, Romero, Davis and etc.

If you have been following MMA, you know he's nothing we haven't seen before.But for whatever reason, outside Pico, this guy has the biggest hype. There wasnt half as much hype for Cejudo in comparison for example.

Wierd.
The UFC is hyping him up on their socials, hence why you are getting tons of casuals thinking he is the next big thing. Let's wait until he fights someone who has very good BJJ

He trains with the same team as Johnny Eblen who's the Bellator champ and credentials wise he's basically the uber Johnny Eblen.
I think Eblen is a pretty good striker, impressed me against Mousasi, plus good gas tank. We shall see how he looks in later rounds

Most wrestler do have better credentials than Johny Eblen.
Eblen was a good wrestler, he was just constantly injured. Every time he got momentum, he suffered some injury that took him out for a year, be it broken leg or knee surgery

Eblen was a good wrestler, he was just constantly injured. Every time he got momentum, he suffered some injury that took him out for a year, be it broken leg or knee surgery

yeah Eblen impresssed me, if u can do that to Mousasi, that's impressive.

yeah Eblen impresssed me, if u can do that to Mousasi, that's impressive.
His standup looked really improved and he cracked Mousasi in the first that would have put out most people who aren't Moose

His standup looked really improved and he cracked Mousasi in the first that would have put out most people who aren't Moose

It was very impressive in all ways.

The UFC is hyping him up on their socials, hence why you are getting tons of casuals thinking he is the next big thing. Let's wait until he fights someone who has very good BJJ

He looks fine in straight grappling against BJJ players but might be different in MMA I guess.

Nickal will be a better than Ed Ruth. Comparing wrestling credentials one to one is not deterministic for determining who will make a good MMA fighter. And as it were, Ed Ruth made a lot of mistakes in his career that hampered his development.

The Ruth case study is really interesting because even though wrestlers continued and continue to have success in MMA, certain wrestlers namely Pico and Ruth really left an impression on people's minds because they were significant anecdotes, and people think anecdotally rather than statistically. So I've put more thought into what went wrong in those cases, how we could have seen it coming, and how we can avoid it moving into the future. The stats are unambiguous, I think former college wrestlers are something like 27-11 in the UFC in 2022. That's wayyyy above .500, so you'll often hear people say like "oh American wrestling is not doing great in MMA", they have no data, but in their minds they have these individual cases of like Ed Ruth or Aaron Pico where they had certain high expectations, and they weren't met, and because they weren't met they make some assumptions.

I do want Nickal to take this next fight in the DWCS. Then maybe he can fight Tresean Gore.

Last edited:
Nickal will be a better than Ed Ruth. Comparing wrestling credentials one to one is not deterministic for determining who will make a good MMA fighter. And as it were, Ed Ruth made a lot of mistakes in his career that hampered his development.

The Ruth case study is really interesting because even though wrestlers continued and continue to have success in MMA, certain wrestlers namely Pico and Ruth really left an impression on people's minds because they were significant anecdotes, and people think anecdotally rather than statistically. So I've put more thought into what went wrong in those cases, how we could have seen it coming, and how we can avoid it moving into the future. The stats are unambiguous, I think former college wrestlers are something like 27-11 in the UFC in 2022. That's wayyyy above .500, so you'll often hear people say like "oh American wrestling is not doing great in MMA", they have no data, but in their minds they have these individual cases of like Ed Ruth or Aaron Pico where they had certain high expectations, and they weren't met, and because they weren't met they make some assumptions.

I do want Nickal to take this next fight in the DWCS. Then maybe he can fight Tresean Gore.
And Ruth isn't some massive fail.
He got beat by some submission guys in a top league who aren't slouches.

Back