Boxing Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was tempted by Townend, I love his head left hook and body shots and he's been on a solid streak lately.

I think Ward is too good a boxer here and that'll be what gives Townend problems. Being a Tony Sims trained fighter he has solid fundamentals and technique wise is superior to Townend. Townend does pack serious power though, particularly in that lead left as I mentioned but even if he does manage to score a knockdown, I could still see Ward taking home decision in the end. Word is that Ward has looked fantastic in training and sparring for this fight which is what finally persuaded me to sway away from the Townend bet.

Certainly not out of the question that Townend wins with the kind of power he has but I'm not going to be putting anything on it. Possibly Ward decision at @ 1.80 paired with something else, will see later.

Would you say then if Townend wins it will be by ko?

Hey BT, any reasoning on Townend?

Basically what Crow said, I like Townend's offense/power and I haven't been all that impressed by Ward in the past. Both guys are pretty young, Townend's got a few losses earlier in his career but seems to have settled in nicely in the last couple of years. Ward a good boxer and rightfully favored, but see a little value on Townend possibly getting a couple kd's and taking a Dec or more likely a stoppage so had to bite at him ~3-1.

Hit the un7.5 on Easter/Commey at +120 for 1u. Commey likes to throw a lot of punches and his defense can be pretty porous. Easter tons of power, good inside fighter, long reach, think this is gonna be a hell of a fight while it lasts but Easter ends up getting the job done either with a big counter or just getting through the defense of Commey since he's really not all that hard to hit. Commey has a good offensive arsenal as well so that covers a ko for him too, just a matter of it ends before the 7.5, would've like 8.5 better, obviously, but at +money I'll take a chance on the under.

Has anyone got money on Brook?

I'm considering it, especially at those odds.

I'm just wondering how much of that weight gain will slow Brook down. He's a great boxer...but I'm not sure if he's quick enough to elude GGG.

GGG can hit and miss, Brook cannot. his margin of error is very small.

Tonight's action. Hopefully it ends early if Commey doesn't win. Parlay in the main event with GGG ITD, but will post the rest of tomorrow's full action on Saturday afternoon.

PBC Boxing on Spike Risk $340.00
Richard Commey (+475) vs Robert Easter Jr. $100.00 for $475.00
Richard Commey/Robert Easter Jr. Under 7½ (+120) $75.00 for $90.00
Manny Woods (+3800) vs Kermit Cintron $25.00 for $950.00

Parlay:
Daniel Jacobs/Sergio Mora won't go distance (-325) + Gennady Golovkin wins inside distance (-315) $140.00 for $101.20

I tailed that small, seems like Claggett is getting bet for this on CBS SN tonight:

Steve Claggett (+135) vs Emmanuel Robles $50.00 for $67.50

Shit, under lost, sorry to Commey backers, thought Easter deserved it but definite value on Commey for sure. Great fucking fight.

Chasing a bit on Jacobs-Mora under 7.5 at -135. Really think Mora's gonna get crushed here.

Commey was very game in that fight, that was a FOTY contender for sure. He could have gotten that decision, especially after that glove barely touching the canvas knockdown of Easter Jr. At least the ITD for Jacobs/Mora cashed for my GGG ITD parlay tomorrow.

Rumour that ggg hasnt been well. Froch saying he looks off at weigh ins.

On Casemiro 8/11 draw no bet with Bet365, R7-9, R10-12 also.

Bloody ref should have stopped it in r1 lost my r1 bet only small tho

small bet on paul dec +470 @ danish bookie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back