Boxing Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too tired to write much but great boxers usually make great punchers look silly and that's exactly what I think will happen here. I think Ward handily wins by decision and have done for months

I can see Ward frustrating Kov and doing a Bhop and taking away Kov's tools. However on the flipside i can see Kov doing his thing too. I just cannot see at this point who will have their fight.

Ugas looked even better during that fight then he did vs James. Guy is very good.

Very impressive comeback for Ugas! Wonder what happened to him since the comeback.

I can see Ward frustrating Kov and doing a Bhop and taking away Kov's tools. However on the flipside i can see Kov doing his thing too. I just cannot see at this point who will have their fight.

Very impressive comeback for Ugas! Wonder what happened to him since the comeback.
Ward will school him

One to note Jason Sosa v Stephen Smith in Nov. Sosa currently $2.10 odds. Imo should be fav.

Would've bet Ugas at decent +money not so sure now.

Have Clev +200 for this weekend, understand the fight's in Germany where Cleverly could get robbed and Braehmer never been stopped but I still see value on Clev at around 2-1. This is a close fight and I'm willing to take a chance at the scores not going my way at current prices.

Braehmer is old and Cleverly is a very active fighter volume wise, he's a much better fighter down at 175, he's been off for about a year but that's probably a good thing considering the last fight was a war with Fonfara where he acquitted himself very well despite losing the Dec. Braehmer was supposed to fight Clev years ago but pulled out at the last min as he did against Shumenov. Not saying he ducked out but he's known to be kind of a headcase in general so it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. Both times he was supposed to leave Germany to fight which he never does which adds credence to the fact that he really wasn't sick/injured before those fights like he claimed.

I just think this fight is much closer than the odds indicate, even with a decent chance of a bad Dec. Cleverly's been in there with the better comp despite being 8 years younger, I like the style match up for him, etc. Had to bet him here, definitely not laying the juice on Braehmer here, that's for sure. I'm happy with 1u on Clev maybe up it to 1.5u, I know it's risky but think taking the gamble is worth it at the current price. Draw bet worth a sprinkle too, imo have a small flier on that at 20-1.

klitscho was even money going into the final round against fury.

thats how bad germany is

klitscho was even money going into the final round against fury.

thats how bad germany is

Meh but the cards were fair, Fury still won a ud and took 8rds on two judges cards and 9 on the other. Not like he got robbed or anything. Plus we've seen Sturm lose Dec's in Germany to Solimon x2, Chudinov, and Geale. Huck lost a close fight to Povetkin that a lot of people think he won. Don't get me wrong I still do think there's a good chance Clev could get robbed but I don't think it's as high as a lot of other people seem to think, that's all.

Meh but the cards were fair, Fury still won a ud and took 8rds on two judges cards and 9 on the other. Not like he got robbed or anything. Plus we've seen Sturm lose Dec's in Germany to Solimon x2, Chudinov, and Geale. Huck lost a close fight to Povetkin that a lot of people think he won. Don't get me wrong I still do think there's a good chance Clev could get robbed but I don't think it's as high as a lot of other people seem to think, that's all.

the cards were fair but it just shows what you might be up against if you were thinking about hedging.

the sturm robberies against macklin, murry and chudinov were just horrible. although lennox is probably a little biased, i believe he claimed that the macklin robbery was one of the worst that he has ever seen.

my comment re wlad was more about if you were thinking about hedging the fight

the cards were fair but it just shows what you might be up against if you were thinking about hedging.

the sturm robberies against macklin, murry and chudinov were just horrible. although lennox is probably a little biased, i believe he claimed that the macklin robbery was one of the worst that he has ever seen.

my comment re wlad was more about if you were thinking about hedging the fight

Gotcha, I'm not able to lb on boxing here so I'm screwed either way if I wanted to hedge out during the fight. But yeah there's been some disgusting robberies, and just overall bias against foreign fighters in Germany throughout the years, definitely not denying that.

I got burned on Murray and Macklin so I definitely know what you mean. I was just pointing out that there have been some good Dec's to come out of there recently as well so it's not all bad. Maybe they're starting to realize how bad they look to the rest of the world and are coming around a bit.

I wonder if there's any Germans here who are familiar with the boxing scene over there who know if they realize how bad the corruption was and if it's getting any better?

Gotcha, I'm not able to lb on boxing here so I'm screwed either way if I wanted to hedge out during the fight. But yeah there's been some disgusting robberies, and just overall bias against foreign fighters in Germany throughout the years, definitely not denying that.

I got burned on Murray and Macklin so I definitely know what you mean. I was just pointing out that there have been some good Dec's to come out of there recently as well so it's not all bad. Maybe they're starting to realize how bad they look to the rest of the world and are coming around a bit.

I wonder if there's any Germans here who are familiar with the boxing scene over there who know if they realize how bad the corruption was and if it's getting any better?
There have been a lot of countries represented among the contributors in this forum and in the old betting threads but I don't recall us ever having a German participate.

Alright let's try this again. Hit Michael Perez for 1u against Petrov at +175 on Friday. If his line keeps climbing I'll add a bit more.

edit: Also, fight's not on for another couple weeks but BJ Flores at +1000 against Bellew seems way out of whack to me. I'm not a Flores fan, I think he's always been a bit overrated as a fighter and never really liked him personally either. But he's still a pretty good fighter and Bellew shouldn't be a 15-1 favorite over anybody who's a good fighter. His win over Makabu was very impressive but I think his stock is getting too high as a result. Bellew is a good fighter but he shouldn't this big of a favorite here.Probably went a bit too big on it but in for 1.5u on Flores here, hoping to hit a nice payday on a big dog.

Last edited:
Just BoxRec capping, but tomorrow on Sky Sports there's a minor British regional cruiserweight title on the line as an undefeated prospect Isaac Chamberlain faces a veteran in Wadi Camacho who has supposedly been improving. What's interesting to me is that Chamberlain hasn't fought a southpaw yet in pro competition while oddly, the taller and longer Camacho has a DQ in his record for biting a previous opponent.

Cruiserweight 10 rounds - York Hall - London United Kingdom
Isaac Chamberlain -425
Wadi Camacho +320

Im worried Clev will be screwed but Clev dec +350, unan dec +600, split dec +1200. Tempted to hit all three.

I remember Robin Reid getting screwed hard all those years ago in Germany. It also stopped me unloading on Fury during lb against Wlad.

Last edited:
Just BoxRec capping, but tomorrow on Sky Sports there's a minor British regional cruiserweight title on the line as an undefeated prospect Isaac Chamberlain faces a veteran in Wadi Camacho who has supposedly been improving. What's interesting to me is that Chamberlain hasn't fought a southpaw yet in pro competition while oddly, the taller and longer Camacho has a DQ in his record for biting a previous opponent.

Cruiserweight 10 rounds - York Hall - London United Kingdom
Isaac Chamberlain -425
Wadi Camacho +320

I hopped on Wadi here. Boxrec capping too!

Im worried Clev will be screwed but Clev dec +350, unan dec +600, split dec +1200. Tempted to hit all three.

I remember Robin Reid getting screwed hard all those years ago in Germany. It also stopped me unloading on Fury during lb against Wlad.

if nathan can even throw half of the 1100 punches he threw against fonfara hes going to statistically win this fight. im going to end up playing him as i dont think the andrzej fight took too much out of him but im going to go ml as opposed to a decision prop. will be able to hedge any time in the fight if the possiblity presents itself(kd, cut)and nathan is going to go for the ko until the final bell knowing that he will probably get robbed on the cards

I hopped on Wadi here. Boxrec capping too!
I couldn't find this being broadcast on tv or online anywhere but got excited when I saw this note at BoxRec "Chamberlain survived a doctors inspection of a shoulder injury in the 3rd round." But ultimately Camacho lost a 98-94 decision.

0.6 units on combination of clev dec clev unan dec clev split. Dont fuck me germany

I couldn't find this being broadcast on tv or online anywhere but got excited when I saw this note at BoxRec "Chamberlain survived a doctors inspection of a shoulder injury in the 3rd round." But ultimately Camacho lost a 98-94 decision.
Just searched that too! Saw he had actually sparred Wilder before too.

Hopped on Neomar Ceremo for a fiver against undefeated thai in China. Hope he doesnt go the same route as old champ getting kod!

Small play for the Golden Boy card this Friday just tailing BT again for some action since the line improved a bit:

Michael Perez (+200) vs Petr Petrov $50.00 for $100.00

With Joshua/Klitschko apparently close to being official, how do you guys see it going? My head says it's too big a step up for Joshua...but is Klitschko over the hill? 365 have it at 1.90 for both guys.

With Joshua/Klitschko apparently close to being official, how do you guys see it going? My head says it's too big a step up for Joshua...but is Klitschko over the hill? 365 have it at 1.90 for both guys.

Klit was not impressive against Bryant Jennings and also Fury. If it was his old self i would favour him at this stage over Joshua. Nullify him with the jab and grab. I would put a small amount on Klit and hope he is still fine.

Parker - Ditrimenko tomorrow. On parker ko @ 1.62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back