Boxing Discussion VIII

Nice KO by Jarod Grant on the main card.

He got dropped by uppercuts in R1, then came back strong to win it.

Nice comeback by Ricchi. He busted the other dude's lip and finished him with one punch.

Crazy to see that Jim Alers closed at -160 against the defending champion.

Palomino made that look easy.

People wonder why boxing is less and less popular as time goes by but that moloney fight sums it up. All the ancient sactioning body execs need to be fired. Wtf was bennet, byrd and mora doing there?! After 27 mins of replays they still get it wrong. The sport shoots itself in the foot every week and no one does anything about it

Hopefully we get to see Crawford against a top 5 fighter now.

Hopefully we get to see Crawford against a top 5 fighter now.
Sounds like he's leaving TR so maybe, but if he really wanted big fights he'd have got them with TR imo. If he doesn't fight Spence next it'll never happen and I have a feeling he'll fight Pac

Sounds like he's leaving TR so maybe, but if he really wanted big fights he'd have got them with TR imo. If he doesn't fight Spence next it'll never happen and I have a feeling he'll fight Pac

I stopped defending him once he turned down the Porter and Thurman fights. I suppose I understand the business decision to only want to fight Spence or Pac from a rival promoters stable but it's his legacy that's going down the drain, I hate to say it but he needs to sign with Al Haymon if he wants the big fights.

I stopped defending him once he turned down the Porter and Thurman fights. I suppose I understand the business decision to only want to fight Spence or Pac from a rival promoters stable but it's his legacy that's going down the drain, I hate to say it but he needs to sign with Al Haymon if he wants the big fights.
Yeah I agree but at the same time if he wanted the fights, he'd have got them, going to Haymon won't change anything if Bud doesn't want it

It's weird because I think he beats everyone at 147. Why not do it in your prime, getting older won't help

Getting in early on these odds as I don't think they will last...
£150 Alverez decision +210 to win £315

£150 Jake Paul -171 to win £87

£75 Dubois rds 1-6 +150 to win £112.50
£10 Dubois 60 secs +6600 to win £660

Last edited:
Live bet Tony Yoka DEC @3.80 and FGTD @3.00 in the early rounds

People wonder why boxing is less and less popular as time goes by but that moloney fight sums it up. All the ancient sactioning body execs need to be fired. Wtf was bennet, byrd and mora doing there?! After 27 mins of replays they still get it wrong. The sport shoots itself in the foot every week and no one does anything about it

I love boxing but hate how the sport has developed. In some ways boxing is more fun to watch than even MMA as there is more consistent action. Sometimes MMA can be a bit boring with wall and stall or lay and pray tactics.

If they could just put everyone into one organization and make all the best guys fight each other I think it could be good again. I would also recommend fighting with gloves on the smaller side with some incentives for finishing in the distance. Part of the problem is people trying to cruise to decisions and not really trying to hurt the other person.

Why is Jake Paul so favored to ko Nate Robinson? Is there some legit beef that makes everyone think it will end in a knockout since fight goes to dec odds are kinda weird for a random celebrity matchup.
Fixed fight?

Why is Jake Paul so favored to ko Nate Robinson? Is there some legit beef that makes everyone think it will end in a knockout since fight goes to dec odds are kinda weird for a random celebrity matchup.
Fixed fight?

This seems to be nate's first step into boxing for this event, i'm actually surprsied the line isn't much wider.

Anyone think nate can survive for 6 rounds? Jake dec is x8.5

This seems to be nate's first step into boxing for this event, i'm actually surprsied the line isn't much wider.

paul will gas after a few rounds, only worried about the beginning stanza.

Paul has trained longer but his past opponents are other youtubers with zero competitive sports backround while Nate played basketball at the highest of levels. He is 36 and much smaller but who knows if Paul is good enough to beat someone with sports experience. Especially by ko.

Fixed fight?

Because Nate has 0 experience or even training before this fight got announced and looks like absolute garbage in every single clip of him doing anything boxing related.

Joyce / Dubois starting in 15 mins!

Fixed fight?

I was actually thinking of betting Jake Paul at -245.

I watched Jake Paul's pro debut against a fellow Youtuber from December of 2019. He isn't good by any means, but he has some level of competency and basic boxing skills. A solid professional would expose him badly, especially some of the flaws that prevent people from becoming pros to begin with (Paul gets nose bleeds very easily, he severely lacks power for a cruiserweight taking lots of vitamin S), but against non-boxers, he has a big edge.

And make no mistake, Nate Robinson is not a boxer. He took this fight for the payday along with the delusional belief that he is one of the greatest athletes to ever live, and can thus magically succeed at boxing in his mid 30s despite being woefully short and stubby for a cruiserweight and with limited training.

And if it's fixed, it would absolutely be in Paul's favor. There is money to be made in his future match-ups. Not so for Robinson.

Back