Boxing Discussion VIII

I think money will come in on Catterall anyway. Doubled my bet on him.

Jack Catterall (+100) vs Ohara Davies $200.00 for $200.00

Why is Deontay Wilder a fave vs Tyson Fury?

Wilder's KO's are sexier, but Fury's reach + distance control has gotta be an issue for him. If he had that much adversity vs 39 y/o Ortiz, wouldn't he lose to Fury with a similar performance?

Why is Deontay Wilder a fave vs Tyson Fury?

Wilder's KO's are sexier, but Fury's reach + distance control has gotta be an issue for him. If he had that much adversity vs 39 y/o Ortiz, wouldn't he lose to Fury with a similar performance?
IMO, Fury lost alot of speed and power since his klitschko fight and because of this his chances are slim against Deontay. Could he bounce around and box his way to a close decision? maybe. But Wilder is gonna bring alot of hand speed, power and aggression.

Based on how Fury has looked in his last two "fights" Id be surprised if hes able to hang with Deontay for 12. I actually like this matchup better for Deontay than Ortiz as Deontay is gonna be more aggressive knowing there is less power against him and a less aggressive fighter. I really cant imagine Fury pulling the klitscko strategy as I felt Wlad literally just held the whole fight and never looked for the kill till late when he found some success. WIlder is gonna bring it, and I dont know how anyone trust Fury at this point.

I can see why Wilder is the favourite but I think Fury by dec +247 at Marathon is a good price. I would expect Fury to win rounds in which he isn't knocked down. He has good powers of recovery as well, think it will take more than one punch.

Obviously huge red flags are Fury's weight gain/loss, inactivity and change of trainer. I wouldn't be surprised by him getting KOd early, or him making Deontay look silly for all twelve rounds.

Wilder showed he can take a punch against Ortiz so I would be surprised if Fury got the KO. If he did would likely be late on accumulation as in the Chisora rematch.

Would wait to see what shape Fury is in at the weigh-in.

2u Relikh -135 so far that'll be it for me boxing wise.

Why do you like Relikh over Troyanovsky?
Relikh is legit and has shown it against better comp. I expected this line to be a bit wider. Indongo, who's good but nothing special, slept the Russian in the first rd, Relikh has beaten better comp and been in with better comp. I think he ko's Troyanovksy here.

I've seen both of these guys last few recent bouts, so I'll tail on that:

Kiryl Relikh (-135) vs Eduard Troyanovsky $270.00 for $200.00

I'm also on Relikh. He is 28 in the physical prime of his life whereas Troy is 38 with a padded record & very questionable durability. Relikh is a guy who will test your durability. His style is very physical & he can take a punch & has good power. I also see a stoppage. Troy is the better technical boxer, much cleaner technique but i think he gets bashed here due to the physicality of Relikh. Unfortuantely I got him at -222 on Intertops & his price has dropped considerably since then. Doh.

Last edited:
The Catteral-Davies fight is gonna be fun to watch. I favor Catteral, he is much more skilled then Davies. The only thing stopping me from betting is the ridiculous reach advantage Davies has over Jack. I have a wierd fixation on height & reach & it makes me hesitant to place a wager on this fight even though Catteral should win.

Their face off was pretty good, Ohara is a prick but pretty entertaining nonetheless

Last edited:
I threw AJ in the #2 spot of this parlay at -950. So now its $200 to win $54 with one open spot left. There's a ton of boxing coming up so I'll be able to fill it in real soon.

I'm adding the Roman/Mcdonnel over 10.5 rds prop @ -525 into the final #3 spot of this parlay.
So now it's $200 to win $103.09

Also: $125 Parlay: 1.Seano O'malley -315 CANCELLED 2.Jessie Vargas -266 3.OPEN

$500 to win $103.09 Callum Johnson/ Artur Beterbiev Will the Fight go to Distance? No -485

I like Jose Ramirez over Orozco toomorow night. I think his jab is gonna be a problem for Orozco. Got him at -333 on Intertops & threw him in a parlay.

This is the parlay i threw Relihk @ -222 in. So now it's $200 to win $177.

Also probably gonna do an $125 open 3 teamer with Khabib in the 1st spot.

Last edited:
Big Baby Miller by stoppage -250 is good parlay material. Can't see how the 41 year old Adamek who got stopped by Molina gets through 12 rounds.

Big Baby Miller by stoppage -250 is good parlay material. Can't see how the 41 year old Adamek who got stopped by Molina gets through 12 rounds.

Miller came in at over 315lbs. Adamek although old isn’t dead, if he gets out of round 3 I could see this being a tough night for miller.
I have 1u Adamek @19.50 with live bet hedging potential.

Also on
Dubois r6-10 @6.00
Dubois o5.5 @3.25
Johnson @7.50
Relikh @1.72

1.5u Davies/Catterall ends itd +165.

This might very well go 12 but I have a strong feeling that these two are gonna beat the FUCK out of each other. Once again I might very well be off here but I think this is gonna be a fucking war and ppl go down in wars. I'll take the decent +money. This might be one of the best fights of the night, mma included.

Jack Catterall/Ohara Davies won't go distance (+125) $50.00 for $62.50
Jack Catterall/Ohara Davies won't go distance (+115) $50.00 for $57.50

Kiryl Relikh (-135) vs Eduard Troyanovsky $270.00 for $200.00

Parlay:
Jessie Vargas (-265) vs Thomas Dulorme + Daniel Roman (-275) vs Gavin McDonnell $228.00 for $200.23

Miller came in at over 315lbs. Adamek although old isn’t dead, if he gets out of round 3 I could see this being a tough night for miller.

Miller was 305lbs in his previous fight and threw a ton of punches for a heavyweight, even though I agree he's too heavy. An extra 12 pounds isn't actually that much on that big a frame. Don't expect Miller to win inside three rounds really, he will just push a pace Adamek can't keep up with and wear him down.

I have 1u Adamek @19.50 with live bet hedging potential.

Also on
Dubois r6-10 @6.00
Dubois o5.5 @3.25
Johnson @7.50
Relikh @1.72
Tailed the over on Dubois fight. Good call Johnson have not looked in danger at all yet

Last edited:
the Catterall/Davies fight is a real stinker.. interesting that commentaters have Davies ahead i think yet his Dec line is +400 i have not watched it closely enough to proberly score it

wow couldn't have been more wrong, what terrible fucking fight.

Back