Boxing discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we like Eubank dec +275?

Having spend the last few days watching more tape I'll be taking Eubank Jr via KO, TKO or DQ @ 1.53.

I'll also be putting down money on Eubank Jr / Rounds 7-9 @ 4.50

The price for Blackwell is a bit high here but nowhere near high enough to put money down on him. Having beaten some decent boxers already in Damon Jones, Jack Arnfield and John Ryder; Blackwell is gritty as hell and somehow finds a way to win despite not being the most technical of boxers. He tends to try push the pace, coming forward with high pressure tactics and is more than willing to take a punch to give one. It could however be his undoing against a superior technical boxer in Eubank Jr, who also has the power to put Blackwell away with one mistake.

Eubank is explosive, quick and packs stopping power in his hands. In this fight he is clearly the superior boxer. However Eubank's one flaw is at times he can get lazy in the ring, happy to not engage in order to rest. Blackwell's path to victory is clearly to use his aggressiveness cleverly to make Eubank continuously work and score points. I just don't feel Blackwell can do this for 12 rounds without getting caught and being put away.

I really think Eubank's power is overrated. The only top 25 guy he has stopped is Dmitry Chudinov and that was in Round 12 with a minute to go, a mercy stoppage against a tired opponent, not a true KO. Spike O'Sullivan last time out had a perforated ear drum and retired on his stool but could have continued. Billy Joe Saunders was not bothered by Eubank's shots and O'Sullivan ate some big punches wound-up to the max and didn't look like going down.

We don't know that much about Blackwell's chin but this is a massive, massive opportunity for him and he is a tough kid so I expect him to lay it all on the line.

If you fancy the Eubank stoppage, I would lean R9-12 which is 9/2 +450 with Ladbrokes. Sure, Blackwell could get caught by a perfect shot at any time and go over but if he gets stopped I think it will be late and more by accumulation than one-punch damage.

I really think Eubank's power is overrated. The only top 25 guy he has stopped is Dmitry Chudinov and that was in Round 12 with a minute to go, a mercy stoppage against a tired opponent, not a true KO. Spike O'Sullivan last time out had a perforated ear drum and retired on his stool but could have continued. Billy Joe Saunders was not bothered by Eubank's shots and O'Sullivan ate some big punches wound-up to the max and didn't look like going down.

We don't know that much about Blackwell's chin but this is a massive, massive opportunity for him and he is a tough kid so I expect him to lay it all on the line.

If you fancy the Eubank stoppage, I would lean R9-12 which is 9/2 +450 with Ladbrokes. Sure, Blackwell could get caught by a perfect shot at any time and go over but if he gets stopped I think it will be late and more by accumulation than one-punch damage.

Eubank is far more technical than Blackwell is, that for me will be the key.

Blackwell although tough, for me is going to take a beating here. I did previously eye up between 9-12 and may still drop some money on it but I really won't be shocked if Eubank gets him out of there earlier. Blackwell deserves credit but Eubank is a different level of fighter and has fought the better opposition from the 2, I will be lumping a large amount on Eubank to TKO and a smaller amount on rounds 7-9.

Currently doing fantastic in the last year with predictions, including 4 big underdogs I've shared on here that have made people a decent amount of money. Although Eubank is favourite here, there is decent value in the picks I've chosen.

I do feel that Blackwell can cause problems if he can establish his jab early though. He gave BJS some trouble early with the jab and he does throw it very well.

We are constantly seeing a better version of Eubank each time he fights though, particularly his movement. I can see Eubank working the body and mixing up shots, particularly the hook to the body followed by the uppercut.

Again, this all comes down to can Blackwell push the pace effectively.

Will likely hedge it with a Blackwell decision at @ 23.00

Last edited:
Guys, another tip for tomorrow Gary Cocoran vs Danny Butler.

Real underdog value in Danny Butler. A real 50-50 fight. Corcoran’s tough, but having started his career at Welterweight, and facing a man who has campaigned for several years as a Middleweight, I see great value in backing Butler to win at 3.75 with Bet365.

Short notice tip and by no means a banker but worth putting a small amount down on.

Real underdog value in Danny Butler. A real 50-50 fight. Corcoran’s tough, but having started his career at Welterweight, and facing a man who has campaigned for several years as a Middleweight, I see great value in backing Butler to win at 3.75 with Bet365.

Short notice tip and by no means a banker but worth putting a small amount down on.
Cheers, tailing with a small bet.

Tailed thanks mate

Thanks Cr0w, I tailed for a unit at +290. Apparently both fighters made weight and this is on Box Nation channel from the UK tomorrow.

£75 @ Paddy Power +300. Lets do this!

Tailing Butler 0.5u as well. Thanks for the tip

Where can we watch the butler fight?
It was supposed to be on BoxNation (UK online boxing channel), but they're showing some old Larry Holmes fight from years ago, so after some digging I found a British boxing forum where someone was complaining that they pulled the card, so I guess it's not being broadcast at all.

Sucks that it's not even being broadcast but I guess we'll find out the result soon enough.

Corcoran wins by UD, judges scoring the fight 100-89 99-90 and 100-89.

Ah that sucks. Like I said, worth a flutter, disappointing scorecard to read though.

Eubank fight tomorrow to make it back, and then some!

Going BIG on Eubank TKO
Going MEDIUM on Eubank Rounds 7-9
Going SMALL on Blackwell decision

Just my picks so like always feel free to follow them but only bet what you can afford to lose.

Here's hoping to recuperate our losses from last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back