Boxing match shatters UFC's highest gate record

I'm not too sure about boxing events, but ufc put on 45ish events each year. Some of the early prelims even have some really good fights. Boxing to me just isn't that exciting where as I look forward to ufc each weekend.

Didn't we just have Fury-Wilder though? Didn't Canelo just move up and fight Bivol? Isn't Bivol fighting Beterbiev soon? I don't think it's as rare as you're making it seem lol
It's ridiculously rare. Canelo wasn't even undefeated lol.

Its telling you could only think of 3 examples, 1 of which was wrong, despite the fact that there are boxing events worldwide every single weekend of the year, every year.

Even as only a moderate boxing fan, this was a MASSIVE fight with 2 of boxing biggest stars outside the HW division. Using this PPV to compare to a standard UFC PPV is hilarious.

That's why it's smart for Francis Ngannou to jump to boxing, nothing left for him in the UFC.

Or, its really fucking dumb, if he can't get signed to a big fight.

Not saying I don't supporting him, just saying that's a big factor that determines if it was a smart move.

To be fair, the UFC is hosting events week after week, whereas boxing events are more anticipated since there are only three good ones per year.

boxing is easier to follow for the masses.

put the ufc on for the masses and you'll the get the "why doesn't he just get up from mount"
It's not necessarily that. Davis and Garcia suprirsed a lot of people because it appealed to demographics that the UFC has really struggled with, even currently. Namely African Americans and latinos and Gen Zers. The last group is something a lot of sherdoggers really don't grasp. We're old heads, not young fans anymore.
Those fights bombed on ppv?
Those were both very high performing PPVs. The first PPV lost money, but set up the trilogy.

..but this was obvious. I don't understand how anyone would be oblivious of this.

UFC has the consistency on their side though. Every single weekend there is a card, well, on average at least with guaranteed returns. Wether it is enough to overall top boxing, that is another story.

Dana will counter with Conor-Cerrone 2 in 2025.

Your move, boxing.

The problem with boxing is that people only care about the main event. According to people who were there, there was only about 1000 people in the arena until the main event was about to start.

In 16 or 17,000 seater that's awful. Doesn't affect the gate because people still sold the place out and turned up for the last fight, but boxing has an awful track record of promoting the undercard.

If you’ve ever been to an mma or ufc event you can’t see anything live. I’ve had average to very good seats and the crowd is all looking at the big screen as you can’t see shit.

there is no worse live sporting event to go to than a ufc. The closer you are the worse your view is.

boxing you can see great no matter where you are.

People cry on here about UFC tickets being unaffordable but the literal worst seats for Garcia/Davis’s were $1005.00 USD

no shit it had a higher gate

If you’ve ever been to an mma or ufc event you can’t see anything live.

this isn’t true at all.

please show a ticket stub of these “good seats” you supposedly have because every word of this post is a lie

If you’ve ever been to an mma or ufc event you can’t see anything live. I’ve had average to very good seats and the crowd is all looking at the big screen as you can’t see shit.

there is no worse live sporting event to go to than a ufc. The closer you are the worse your view is.

boxing you can see great no matter where you are.

No, good seats at UFC events suck as you're staring through the cage or have a post at eye level.

Nosebleeds on the other hand:
  • let you see over and down into the cage
  • when you need to watch the Jumbotron as needed like everybody else it's at eye level instead of needing to crane your neck up
  • are cheaper
  • put you among the drunks actually having fun
Try saving your money and sitting among the plebs next time.

Makes sense. Boxing is way older. Boxing was putting on massive events with big global audiences before Dana White was born.

this isn’t true at all.

please show a ticket stub of these “good seats” you supposedly have because every word of this post is a lie

post ticket stubs? I’m not a teenager going to a Motley Crue concert.
I gurantee you the closer you are the worse the view is and even mid price level are very bad.

tons of camera men. The posts you’re viewing small guys through a a black fence. There is nothing good visually about it b

It's ridiculously rare. Canelo wasn't even undefeated lol.

Its telling you could only think of 3 examples, 1 of which was wrong, despite the fact that there are boxing events worldwide every single weekend of the year, every year.
Ok well then go back to Canelo's first loss then

Last edited:
Back