Bragging rights: Rodriguez vs Ortega 2 - Who wins and how?

Who wins and how?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like Yair by decision. I feel he will be able to keep the fight standing since Ortega doesn't have the strongest takedowns and furthermore doesn't seem to go for takedowns too often and will be able to impose his range. The first time they fougnt, it didn't last long, but Yair was doing quite well. I think he'll finish what he started. I hope I'm wrong though and we get to see Ortega's ground game -- I love watching that dude on the ground. Yair and he could get into some dope scrambles potentially.

Yair by KO/TKO early.

Ortega is semi-washed and was getting pieced up for 4 minutes in the first fight before he got a takedown he did nothing with.

The way to beat Yair is to be able to change the ranges dynamically while threatening with takedowns and punches.

Ortega has never had great takedown and his chin is probably already semi-cracked at this point. His best bet is to somehow get Yair to gas (maybe Yair hurts him and goes crazy and he survives) and then sub him later.

But I see him getting laid out early.

Predict the co-main event for bragging rights! :D Who wins and by what method of victory? Lock in your pick before it the poll closes!

Ortega is pretty tough, don't see him getting KO'd, but Yair is dynamic so maybe.

After watching Rodriguez get tired and quit to Volk, it wouldn't surprise me if Ortega gets him down in the mid-late rounds and finishes Yair.

Yair by KO/TKO early.

Ortega is semi-washed and was getting pieced up for 4 minutes in the first fight before he got a takedown he did nothing with.

The way to beat Yair is to be able to change the ranges dynamically while threatening with takedowns and punches.

Ortega has never had great takedown and his chin is probably already semi-cracked at this point. His best bet is to somehow get Yair to gas (maybe Yair hurts him and goes crazy and he survives) and then sub him later.

But I see him getting laid out early.
lol at knocking out Ortega

lol at knocking out Ortega

Yair hurt him twice standing in the first 4 minutes of their fight.

Ortega has a chin that he’s been relying on like a FW Tony Ferguson - eventually that shit is getting cracked.

Dude has basically been hurt or rocked in every single fight except for Edgar and TKZ, plus the legendary Max and Volk beat downs were lifetimes of damage rolled into single fights.

There is a finite limit on damage you can take, no matter how tough you are or willpower you have.

never liked yair since his tempertantrum after he poked jeremy stephens in the eye, then getting mad at him for not being able to see, resulting in a No contest.

little punk. hope ortega chokes him out.

Hopefully a double KO followed by retirement. Frankie Edgar retired in 2022 and got KTFO 5 different times and still managed to have more fights than Yair since they fought. Yair won TUF a decade ago and has only fought 12 times since then FFS.

Meanwhile, Brian Ortega has 1 win in the last 6 years, hasn't beaten someone who isn't currently retired since 2017, and has had 4 fights in 6 years.

To quote Bob Barker:

c4e2e5fd-30fd-4bdf-b066-d4732215034f_text.gif

Both of these guys are bad for the sport and should GTFO. There are thousands of regional fighters who would kill to get into the UFC so it's a complete joke these rank squatters are still around. Good riddance.

Predict the co-main event for bragging rights! :D Who wins and by what method of victory? Lock in your pick before it the poll closes!

Also this is a rare 5 round co-main by the way.

Yair is a good fighter, can't stand him though.
I still think he'll win the decision tbh.

Brian doesn't have the tools to fuck with Yair on the feet, and we've see Yair surprise Ortega on the ground.

Yair Rodriguez by KO/TKO

Just noticed this is a 5 round fight, nice!

never liked yair since his tempertantrum after he poked jeremy stephens in the eye, then getting mad at him for not being able to see, resulting in a No contest.

little punk. hope ortega chokes him out.

Hate him for the same exact reason sir.
I think he's too much for Ortega though.

Ortega choking him out would be pretty fuckin awesome though lol.

Last edited:
What possible reason could a person have for picking Ortega other than blind optimism and possibly a dislike of Yair

Easily Yair by KO. That little Brazilian chick with the man voice that Ortega hooked up with once or twice, sucked the championship material right out of him.

Back