Economy Brexit aftermath (spoiler:

I'm pretty sure nobody who's pro-Brexit on here is actually British.

I'm pretty sure nobody who's pro-Brexit on here is actually British.
I am not but have met many brits who are pro Brexit. The thing I love most about Brexit is how such sore losers the losing side was. I dont troll it I genuinely think it is overrated and that you guys arent all going to die. ¨´muuh the economy´´ is so overplayed.

Anyhow it is just funny just like the 2016 Trump win, and 2020 Biden swearing in despite ´´´muuh fraud´´´just as glorious as ´´´muuh Russia, bots Hillary was robbed´´´etc

so...apart from the brexit supporting govt with an 80 seat majority...it didnt have a leadership that supported brexit? <YeahOKJen>okay genius, who in your opinion would have been a succesful team?
The Tories weren’t a pro-Brexit party. Do you remember David Cameron? Or that May wasn’t a big fan? That might be too much for you, though.

The Tories weren’t a pro-Brexit party. Do you remember David Cameron? Or that May wasn’t a big fan? That might be too much for you, though.
ahhh, special needs, it all makes sense now...

It's widely acknowledged for a long time that "conservatives" in the UK are closer to the regular left by American standards than the right. Theresa May was a joke troll-job of a right-winger lol and Boris fits perfectly with the previous description.

Panic at the pumps

Nice to see a bit of good old British sportsmanship at the end there.

Brexit regrets are a common feature of https://www.reddit.com/r/LeopardsAteMyFace/

The Economist and other researchers see the positives to Brexit

The Anti Brexit brigade is naive and doesnt realize temporary pains can yield positive changes from a divorce in the future

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2021/03/13/how-britain-can-benefit-from-brexit

From the article

""
In most ways, therefore, Britain should aim to stay close to Europe. Yet there is scope for it to diverge in both damaging and beneficial ways. Britain could, for instance, abandon the EU’s restrictive state-aid regime; indeed, the government is already consulting on how to go about it. Britons should be wary of these moves. No doubt, Britain has room to improve on the EU’s rules, which are pernickety, but voters should regard the prospect of ripping up limits on state aid as a risk, rather than a benefit, of Brexit. Shovelling money in the direction of private companies is not a habit that taxpayers should want their governments to acquire.

In other ways, divergence could work in Britain’s interests. The process of regulation can be faster for one country than for 27 and, as the medical regulator showed with vaccines, there is much to be said for speeding it up. The nature of rules can be different, too. Where Britain has critical mass—as in finance—and in others in which it has innovative companies, such as fintech, life sciences and artificial intelligence, the country can help set the standard for liberal, nimble regulatory regimes, rather than taking whatever rules Brussels makes. And Britain can sharpen up competition. It will need to, since Brexit will reduce competitive pressure and thus undermine productivity. The Competition and Markets Authority has offered a number of wise proposals for opening up sectors to new challengers—by, for instance, overhauling antiquated EU rules that shield airlines from competition. The turmoil in the travel business makes this an excellent time to do so."""

Brexit is the Trump of UK policy. A huge lie sold to rubes that thought their country was being taken over by brown people.

It's as simple as that.

Lol, a few minor inconveniences. The horror <Ellaria01>

Small Farmers are going under = Competition from large scale farming from the Australia deal and lack of EU migrant workers who will work for minimum wage.

food shortages = No EU workers means less food produced and nobody to transports it, due to a lack of UK HGV drivers.

internal Free Markets = The UK only produces enough food for 64% of its population, less now without workers.
Rich nations depend on migrant workers more than the average person is willing to admit. It's the same situation in the US. So many people on the right vehemently hate migrant workers but depend on the work they do to keep food prices down.

Back