News Bryan Barberena cut from UFC Roster

What’s next?

• Total voters
Epic chinned brawler. Fun to watch when paired w the same

Exactly. He wasn’t good enough to be catered to. His skills were 2005 era level and he was too lazy to try to improve. Also too much of a lazy fatass to fight in his natural weight class.

Last edited:
That's upsetting cuz I really thought he wouldn't be cut in this position, so this thread would have to be him just running out his current contract to test other things. But if he said this, then that's doubtful, and he really got cut.

He's so exciting, and the promotion always cared about that way more than merit. I really can't figure the UFC out.
When in doubt, the UFC always sides with greed.

Always looked forward to a BB fight. He had a fun style and I'm sure they could have kept him around for a bit longer. Could have given him a few brawler/strikers/fun fighters.

Reactions: HHJ
never forget

hi-res-98cda4ce6fd1f210b7056fdbeee7f493_crop_north.jpg

Bkfc for sure...atleast once....calling it now...

Him and Perry probably
Kind of seems like a step down for perry name value wise to be honest considering the names he's been fighting lately.

that sucks. seems like a good dude. but not unexpected i guess.

I like Bryan, but i can safely say nothing of value was lost. No clue why the hell he’s even fighting at 185. Guy was getting schooled by chad Laprise at LW.

I really wanted to see how he would do against one of the mediocre brawlers at 185: Marquez, Tiuliulin, Ribeiro, etc.

But yeah, other than that... no real loss.

That's upsetting cuz I really thought he wouldn't be cut in this position, so this thread would have to be him just running out his current contract to test other things. But if he said this, then that's doubtful, and he really got cut.

He's so exciting, and the promotion always cared about that way more than merit. I really can't figure the UFC out.
He’s lost four in a row. What’s to figure? He’s a punching bag

Yeah that was something that I had found odd as well. Perhaps he was losing interest and didn't wish to cut as much weight? He was handled quite easily against both Muradov and Gerald.

He’s lazy. Zero improvement in his skills over the years and fighting at Middleweight when he debuted as a Lightweight. Combine that with his losing UFC record and it’s a fantastic cut.

I was a never gonna miss a BB fight after - like most - he arm triangled Sage. Always intrigued by the guiuys with dad bods who are able to get by on skill and toughness alone. I dont agree with it, but it's interesting. Muscles don't make a good fighter, true, but this weird idea that guys with dad bods are gonna be just as effictive as pro athletes that live in the gym is just absurd.

Better late than never I guess His UFC expiration date expired long ago.

He should form a tag team with Roy Nelson and start calling himself lil country

Back