Media Cédric Doumbé calls out Sean Strickland

Who wins?

• Total voters
Thanks! I usually read a majority of the post before commenting, but on this one I just commented without checking. Great explanation, and it all makes sense now (though I agree with you, it's crazy they don't take his Kickboxing career into the math).
No worries man.
Yeah I think if the French commission does this, they should also take experience in other combat sports into account. By doing that you can prevent that some legit 0-0 dude takes on a 0-0 dude with a ton of fighting experience in some other combat sport

Why isn't he fighting in the UFC? What the fuck is going on here? Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!

The UFC doesn't want talented fighters. They want untalented chuds off of contender series who lose every fight.
Doumbe's choice, he wants to make his UFC debut in France (or possibly Abu Dhabi), so he is taking regional fights to stay active meanwhile.
Doumbé posted a tweet in French very recently, it said this (Google-translate):

“The UFC is good but in real life, Bellator offers me a sick sum. The UFC is more media but we take risks for our health… It's not the UFC that fills the fridge "

Not too long after the tweet got taken down.
@spinup , did you hear anything about this, or what it should mean?

“The UFC is good but in real life, Bellator offers me a sick sum. The UFC is more media but we take risks for our health… It's not the UFC that fills the fridge "

For what it's worth, UFC have just added his profile to their website 3 days ago.

I think he's UFC bound.

https://www.ufc.com/athlete/cedric-doumbe

Yeah, he backtracked that a bit in a more recent interview.
In that one, he said that IF the bellator offered him a much bigger pay, he would hesitate. And that and wants to make a sort of vote to let the fans decide where he goes next.

I think he realized he said too much, it could cause him problems if he already signed with the UFC.

It's here from 8:05

Is Doumbé running his big mouth or is he indeed capable of catching Strickland with one of those big overhands?

(Doumbé’s last MMA-fight from Dec. 17)

He looked good. I like how he tried to use offensive wrestling. Means he’s really working everything

His profile was there since August last year. They never removed it.

They literally updated his profile 4 days ago now.

sdfd.jpg

Why isn't he fighting in the UFC? What the fuck is going on here? Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!

If I'm not mistaken, Doumbé stated in a video that he required to make his ufc debut in France.

And to have his UFC fight sanctionned under the french commission rules, he needs to add more fights to his resume, hence why he's fighting outside the UFC while still being under contract.

Doumbe fought UFC lightweight Brad Riddell to a Split; fighting 185lb guys with even a modicum of grappling is a much bigger test.
There was no grappling involved in that fight <6>

Brad was fighting at WW in MMA when he fought Doumbé in kickboxing; he only dropped to LW later.... "Doomced" was emaciated for this fight too, that was before Fernand Lopez introduced him to his nutritionist wife, and what happened happened... and Doumbé learned to cut weight properly.

"Quake" was a very very good kickboxer too, with wins and several very close fights against elite competition, like when he took current ONE LW kickboxing/Muay Thai champ Regian Eersel to a close decision in a sweet fight, or when he beat the likes of John Wayne Parr, Rungrawee Sitsongpeenong, Frank Giorgi, etcc
Not sure why it was a split decision, since while it was a really good fight, Cédric pretty clearly took the win.

Cédric "Le Meilleur" Doumbé is the first UFC newcomer in a long long time that made me jump on his bandwagon, I've been a fan of his while he was the kickboxing P4P great for years, and I believe he has what it takes to make it to the top.

Doumbe's opponents have a combined record of 7-5.

<WellThere>
Well, it's not like he had a choice.

The whole reason he can't fight in the UFC was because his opponents had too many fights.

Plus; Doomced's MMA opponents didn't have a lot of MMA bouts, but they all had extensive kickboxing, muay thai or boxing records. They weren't bums picked out from the audience...
But yeah, they weren't exactly grappling legends either, just fellow strikers.

Pawel Klimas looks like he could be the first grappling-oriented guy to face Doumbé
I'm just speculating from his team, the "Grappler Ełk / Dragon's Den Fight Club Team" since the 2 main coaches are grapplers

Marek Bujlo is a BJJ guy who competed in ADCC
Kamil Birgiel is a Judo guy, but I can't find much about him in English

Guess we'll see?

I didn’t know that Doumbé fought out of Mejiro Gym Amsterdam under the great André Mannaart at the time he was fighting Brad Riddell. Interesting! Doumbé was known to not have a headcoach or just one gym where he trains at. During his kickboxing haydays he hopped from one gym to another when preparing for fights, ala El Cucuy:D
Cédric "Le Meilleur" Doumbé is the first UFC newcomer in a long long time that made me jump on his bandwagon, I've been a fan of his while he was the kickboxing P4P great for years, and I believe he has what it takes to make it to the top.

Pawel Klimas looks like he could be the first grappling-oriented guy to face Doumbé
I'm just speculating from his team, the "Grappler Ełk / Dragon's Den Fight Club Team" since the 2 main coaches are grapplers

Marek Bujlo is a BJJ guy who competed in ADCC
Kamil Birgiel is a Judo guy, but I can't find much about him in English

Guess we'll see?
Yeah I’m also looking forward to that one! I’m hearing that the UFC will return to Paris in September, so after this one maybe another fight and then there’s his UFC debut I guess

I didn’t know that Doumbé fought out of Mejiro Gym Amsterdam under the great André Mannaart at the time he was fighting Brad Riddell. Interesting! Doumbé was known to not have a headcoach or just one gym where he trains at. During his kickboxing haydays he hopped from one gym to another when preparing for fights, ala El Cucuy:D

Yeah I’m also looking forward to that one! I’m hearing that the UFC will return to Paris in September, so after this one maybe another fight and then there’s his UFC debut I guess

Will have to try to remember to catch this one. Excited to see how Doumbe does against a halfway decent grappler. Don't really know anything about Klimas but he looks like a solid sized WW at least.

Will have to try to remember to catch this one. Excited to see how Doumbe does against a halfway decent grappler. Don't really know anything about Klimas but he looks like a solid sized WW at least.
Fearless prediction: Doumbe will never fight in the UFC and he is not currently signed there.

The UFC is only interested in one kind of fighter these days: contender-series chuds who are indistinguishable from the bums on powerslap. Doumbe is a terrific fighter so he doesn't meet the cut.

It is my feeling that the UFC are moving away from promoting their talent and are deliberately decreasing the quality of content.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back