Media Cédric Doumbé with another knockout win

Is Cédric Doumbé ready to make his UFC-debut?

• Total voters
It is definitely a hell of a wait. If he could get one more in before that it would be ideal, but it would just be such a shame to not be on a France card.
Yeah he’s definitely going to fight on the France event, no doubt about it. A fight inbetween isn’t a bad idea indeed, would be dumb to sit out for so long

Yeah he’s definitely going to fight on the France event, no doubt about it. A fight inbetween isn’t a bad idea indeed, would be dumb to sit out for so long
Well done. Most would have written Doumbe instead of dumb in that sentence. Nice to see someone rise above that.
<mma4>

The French rule makes sense in general but there should be exceptions. In refusing to budge on it, they're sanctioning an elite kickboxer with 70+ fights against what are probably hobbyists.

He can still have one more fight around June in MMAGP. That would give a better choice of opponents for UFC in France with that stupid number of fights rule.
That is, if he goes to the UFC he is not fully decided yet.
Yeah for sure. That’s probably the route he’ll be taking this year

Yeah for sure. That’s probably the route he’ll be taking this year

He's under contract with the UFC, so unless UFC releases him, he can't go anywhere else, right?

Obviously UFC is letting him get some fights in the minor leagues.

People here saying he's unsure if he will go to the UFC, but he's contracted?

He's under contract with the UFC, so unless UFC releases him, he can't go anywhere else, right?

Obviously UFC is letting him get some fights in the minor leagues.

People here saying he's unsure if he will go to the UFC, but he's contracted?
Doumbé is definitely fighting ik the UFC this year

Reactions: TCE
Doumbe seemed to try out that floaty footwork that Izzy and Periera have their signature styles built on early in the fight but Doumbe looks extremely awkward throwing while trying to stay light on his feet and seemed to quickly abandon it. Doumbe isn't a wizard on the outside like Izzy and Pereira so it'll be fun to see how many fights he can force into the pocket and how many fighters he will KO since he's a damn sledge hammer.

Doumbe isn't a wizard on the outside like Izzy and Pereira so it'll be fun to see how many fights he can force into the pocket and how many fighters he will KO since he's a damn sledge hammer.
I am very impressed by how far he can reach with punches.
His opponent his never at distance to shoot a TD but he still manage to land hard punches. He is not very tall, but he has 77" reach, which I think is the longest of the division (tied with Shavkat). And he hurts people with jabs, their reaction to getting hit is abnormal, again very similar to Shavkat.

The French rule makes sense in general but there should be exceptions. In refusing to budge on it, they're sanctioning an elite kickboxer with 70+ fights against what are probably hobbyists.
Chatri is french confirmed.

His 4 opponents have a 9-8 record, combined. I think it's time for him to fight someone with more than 4 pro fights.

I am very impressed by how far he can reach with punches.
His opponent his never at distance to shoot a TD but he still manage to land hard punches. He is not very tall, but he has 77" reach, which I think is the longest of the division (tied with Shavkat). And he hurts people with jabs, their reaction to getting hit is abnormal, again very similar to Shavkat.
I agree.
Whenever he lands he hurts his opponents

Doumbe seemed to try out that floaty footwork that Izzy and Periera have their signature styles built on early in the fight but Doumbe looks extremely awkward throwing while trying to stay light on his feet and seemed to quickly abandon it. Doumbe isn't a wizard on the outside like Izzy and Pereira so it'll be fun to see how many fights he can force into the pocket and how many fighters he will KO since he's a damn sledge hammer.

doumbe is more of an infighter with an insanely powerful left hand. Not really Izzy style

I'm pretty sure he beats any striker in the UFC WW right now (masvidal, thompson) but at the same time I'm pretty sure he loses to any grappler or guy that can mix it up well like Edwards

his striking is great, and the way he reinvented his style is kind of unbelievable

Back