Cage Warriors 111 (This Friday)

Featherweight champion Mads Burnell tipped the scales without complication at 144.5 lbs for his fight with Steve Aimable, who missed weight at 145.2 lbs. In what was due to be a featherweight title fight, Burnell vs Aimable will now be contested over 3 rounds with no title on the line.

Due to Joe Giannetti weighing in 7.7 lbs over the lightweight limit at 163.7 lbs, his fight with Paddy Pimblett – who made weight successfully at 154.9 lbs – has been removed from the card.

As a result, Alex Lohore and Joilton Santos Lutterbach have been moved up from the featured prelim to open the Main Card on UFC Fight Pass.

On one of the most stacked pro prelim cards in Cage Warriors history, former title challengers Luca Iovine (135 lbs) and Mike Ekundayo (136 lbs) face off in the bantamweight division, and surging prospects Daryl Golding (145.3 lbs) and Emrah Sonmez (145.6 lbs) meet at featherweight.

CW111 is sold out, and takes place at the London Indigo at the O2 Arena tomorrow night, the 22nd November.

The Pro Prelims commence at 5.30PM on the Cage Warriors Facebook page, before the Main Card at 9PM on UFC Fight Pass.

Main Card:

James Webb 184.3 lbs vs Nathias Frederick 184 lbs
Modestas Bukauskas 203 lbs vs Riccardo Nosiglia 203.4 lbs
Mads Burnell 144.5 lbs vs Steve Aimable 145.2 lbs
Alex Lohoré 170.7 lbs vs Joilton Santos Lutterbach 170.6 lbs

Pro Prelims:

Daryl Golding 145.3 lbs vs Emrah Sonmez 145.6 lbs
Liam Gittins 135.3 lbs vs Adam Amarasinghe 133.1 lbs
Warren Kee 184.3 lbs vs Matthew Bonner 184.7 lbs
Ayton De Paepe 135.8 lbs vs Cory Tait 135.8 lbs
Luca Iovine 135 lbs vs Mike Ekundayo 136 lbs
Joshua Onwordi 156 lbs vs Harry Davies 155.8 lbs
Jordan Barton 145.1 lbs vs James Hendin 147 lbs
Scott Butters 145.8 lbs vs Kingsley Crawford 144 lbs

Wasn't Giannetti on short notice?
Yeh like 10 days. Giannetti was saying he was on the couch deciding whether to eat donuts or pizza or something when he got the call lol. Was cutting from 184 and said he stopped sweating in the sauna. Offered Paddy 100% of his purse and Paddy turned it down.

After watching tape I saw Hendin as the better more well rounded fighter of the two. I liked his ability to win rounds using wrestling and striking, only worry I had was that he looked like a smaller/physically weeker of the two. Honestly, fight played out pretty much as I expected, Hendin looking technically superior in scrambles and winning rather easily the first two rounds.

Threw 2u on Frederick, 1u @ +175 and 1u @ +150.

Didn't watch any tape, killed it on the Texans game last night, so I'm blindly tailing some of you.

Dude he had like nothing behind those shots LOL

THANK YOU REF. Good bet fellas

edit: actually they were sloppy but that knee had a lot of power behind it, the tail end of that combo his arms were gassed af though

Lol left to go grab some food after round 3, figured Frederick was done for and got wrestle fucked.

Come back and he's won haha lets gooooo

Best thing for CW Webb was a terrible champion, doing nothing, only LnP and not even that. Boring AF.

Back