CageWalk Pro-Lite Fight Shorts Review *pics*

Here's an update on these shorts after about 6 months of heavy use. I have a pair of black larges. I use them for rolling a lot, and have swam in pools and in the ocean with them. The shorts, around the lower portion of the leg, are sort of wilted or bunching up. It's like the material in that area has become warped. I'm not sure what would cause this, but it looks really goofy, and ironing them does no good. I'll still wear them, but only in a pinch. They really haven't held up too well. I got a pair of Atama's arounf the same time that are still in excellent condition with similar use. But what the heck, they were only $20. I would not buy them again, though.

It's funny how people stress out about no stretch panel...when in fact, the first Sprawls (as well has a HOST of other fight short companies) didn't have stretch panels in the beginning and they all sold just fine...the original Sprawls basically just differentiated themselves from regular board shorts in that they had extra reinforced stitching, more leg room, and a different closure system; no split seams, no flex panels, no elastic waistband (which is funny how shorts shifted away from elastic waistbands and now have trended back into having them)...hell, original Sprawls didn't even have a gusseted crotch (originally introduced by modeling fight shorts after rock-climbing shorts for added flexibility/durability)...

In fact, nobody really made a "split seam" until they first saw Frank Mir wear custom modified Sprawls and begun demanding it...nor did they make flex panels until Clinchgear first made them to substitute split seams for a more stylish and low-profile look...

Just a bit of history for everyone :-D

I remember that. When Mir fought Sylvia! Everyone was like "DAAAAAAAMN".

It seems Cagewalk has restocked some of their sizes, mostly red and brown. Just a little heads up.

i don't know why the the sizing for the shorts don't fit me very well since i got a 32/34 and they were tight since i wear 34's for sprawl and then i got a pair of 34/36 and they fit wayy to long and big.

I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd add my 2 cents. I bought a pair of these shorts about 3 months ago and really liked them. BUT the Velcro strip on the fly is starting to come off. As much as I like these shorts I guess cheap isn't good and good isn't cheap. You have to cut corners someplace if you want to produce something that beats all other prices. Very comfortable short though.

nice review. Do they have a color that looks like puke? I can get yours (shit brown) and puke. I would be the talk of the gym lol.

But seriously the quality looks great. Nice detail pics.

good review i bought a size too big before but they are good shorts

I've got 2 pair. Red with split seams and black closed seam. I prefer the closed seam look.
I wish the shorts were about 1/2 to 1 inch longer. I've got fairly long legs and they're just a bit too short from my prefrence.
They are comfortable though and mine have held up very well to moderate use. I train once or twice a week and it's all I use the shorts for.
I really have to watch my wallet, so these are good for me.

hopefully they can make more closed seam variants, and probably 2 more colors :D

I bought a pair of these shorts, the black ones.

After a year and some odd months of random sparring, training, weight lifting, conditioning circuits, they're STILL holding up.

They're comfortable, you can move in them, they handle punishment quite well and they're simple.

I got a small, cuz I'm about 5'7", 135-140 pounds. The short goes down to just about where my knee is, about half an inch from the top of my knee. I think guys are a little too self conscious about showing their knees.

Kicking in these shorts is no problem, grappling isn't either. I really like them. If only cagewalk sold pad gloves and under armor.

Back