CageWalk Pro-Lite Fight Shorts Review *pics*

Hey when are you guys gonna have another sweet sale? I missed the last one because of bills.

There's one going on right now...enter "cw092006" and it's buy one get one half off...just ordered two pair as an early Christmas present to myself...

vu said:
There's one going on right now...enter "cw092006" and it's buy one get one half off...just ordered two pair as an early Christmas present to myself...

You serious??!?!?! ...i'd seriously buy these shorts, but after reading what some people had to say......I might end up not buying them :(. IE. the lack of having a lycra in/on shorts....and its too tight etc etc.

Holy Crap! When does this sale end? I get paid at the end of the week!

ClampXVII said:

hehe lucky you.....I have a choice to buy either 2 pairs of CageWalk = $35 something..or one pair of $25 Truth shorts. T_T.

ClampXVII said:
I'm pretty sure this ends after November...I'll have to go check the inside of a Tapout magazine for the ad...

Either way, I got my two pair on their way...never hurts to have some extra shorts lying around, eh?

Question for anybody who knows...they don't address it on the website or any descriptions.....is the crotch gusseted like the clinchgears, old truths, or HCK's? Or is it regular stitching, only reinforced?

crotch is just stitched, well. These are a great value for the money, literally the most comfortable shorts that I own. My Koral VT-Pro's are still my fave though, tougher than nails and fit like a glove, as they should for more than twice the price.

hmm im still a bit sketchy....$50 bucks for two shorts....(with coupon+shipping). I don't know..maybe i'll buy it when i get extra $$ lol.

CageWalk makes a GREAT short for the buck. I have 2 and the guys where I roll love to tug on the shorts when you roll. I never had a problem. I also wear for Muay Thai and have no problem with looseness.

Just got mine in...I'm very impressed with the construction and stitching of these shorts. Can't wait to try them out tomorrow at Muay Thai...

vu said:
Just got mine in...I'm very impressed with the construction and stitching of these shorts. Can't wait to try them out tomorrow at Muay Thai...

Does it restrict your high kicks or kicks?...anything bad about them that you've noticed?

mackz said:
Does it restrict your high kicks or kicks?...anything bad about them that you've noticed?
Wore them to Muay Thai yesterday and they felt pretty all right.

A bit tighter around the hips/ass area (I'm about 5'10" 200 lbs with 36-37" waist...pretty big legs/hips) than my other shorts (I have Clinchgear and Truth Fightwear), but they didn't restrict my movement at all...the side slits definitely helped. I really like the inside lining because the outside material is kinda like your traditional nilon swim trunks, so if you were to sweat in them without the lining (which I sweat a TON), they'd become somewhat "see through"...nobody needs to see my underwear, so good times with the lining. I kicked plenty in them and nowhere did I feel like the short's seams were going to bust or anything. Plus, I like the really simple design...no gawdy logos and stuff...

If they had a bigger size, I'd have gotten them (simply because I like really loose shorts)...Like I said, I have a 36-37" waist, but I normally buy 38" shorts/pants (and I'll have quite a bit of extra slack in the waist, but hips will be perfect) because I guess my ass/hips are bigger than normal or something...

Not a bad deal at all for < $25.00 and I got the deal, which was buy one get one half off...no regrets at all for a very well constructed product. Will wear them to grapple in sometime soon and update this post.

Thanks, and you're lucky you live in USA..less shipping cost..i live in canada so it totals up to a lot Lol. anyways, i'm waiting on my truth wear 2.1 shorts or w/e...to arrive. It takes a while but w/e, i've heard these shorts are quite worth it for the $$..($25) :). I might buy cagewalk pro lites next when i get more $$, quite a great deal, even if 2 shorts = $45-$50 :p

Dude, to be honest...Truth are some of the best I've owned...between my Clinchgears, Truths (I have original and 2nd version with stretch panels), and these Cagewalks...I'd take Truth any day of the week, especially the new version with side and crotch stretch panels...they're basically the latest version of sprawls, minus elastic waist...

vu said:
Dude, to be honest...Truth are some of the best I've owned...between my Clinchgears, Truths (I have original and 2nd version with stretch panels), and these Cagewalks...I'd take Truth any day of the week, especially the new version with side and crotch stretch panels...they're basically the latest version of sprawls, minus elastic waist...

dope =D..just a couple more days till i get it! :)....glad i went with these rather then a high priced grapplin short ..what a bargain, $25 bucks.. :p

james_m_white said:
I got my 2 pair as well. I have a 35 inch waist or so. Initially ordered the Ms, but exchanged for Ls. Waist is fine, but I don't feel there is enough room in the butt area. I have a pair of clinchgear & a pair of Sprawl V-flexs and I love both. These just aren't a good fit for me. My $.02...

Yea, I exchanged my smalls for mediums, and the fit still doesnt suit me. I know everyone likes to experiment with new shorts with different "technology," but IMO no one should go for cheap shorts. You get what you pay for, and paying a little extra for quality shorts, like sprawls, is definitely worth it.

danwithad said:
Yea, I exchanged my smalls for mediums, and the fit still doesnt suit me. I know everyone likes to experiment with new shorts with different "technology," but IMO no one should go for cheap shorts. You get what you pay for, and paying a little extra for quality shorts, like sprawls, is definitely worth it.

Truth shorts are cheap, but they are top quality. So, you're wrong.

mackz said:
Truth shorts are cheap, but they are top quality. So, you're wrong.

I think he was talking about the Cagewalks...

That said, anyone know where I can get a pair of Truths in fatass (38 waist) size? I can't find anything above 32.

If not, I think I'm gonna try some Clinchgears (and the new SSF shorts once they get their 38s).

vjvj said:
I think he was talking about the Cagewalks...

That said, anyone know where I can get a pair of Truths in fatass (38 waist) size? I can't find anything above 32.

If not, I think I'm gonna try some Clinchgears (and the new SSF shorts once they get their 38s).
clinchgears are fantastic...I have a pair of the originals and they fit very nicely and are tough also...I've worn them for grappling and muay thai and got very good performance (plenty of space for kicking, guard work, etc.)

RE: Truth Fightwear...be sure to check their site often and even send an e-mail to Paul with your inquirty for larger shorts. He only gets big shipments every so often, to keep inventory down...but his customer service is great and he'll respond ASAP with when they're getting more 38's...

I also wear 38's and I bought a pair of Truth's a while back...they run a liiiiitle big. So if you're a borderline 38 like me (I'm more like 37)...then I'd order a size down because there is ample ass/hip/thigh room...

Thanks
I think I will add them to my list of Venders

Back