CageWalk Pro-Lite Fight Shorts Review *pics*

Now here's a bit of triva; sorry for the delay on this, but

I ordered the two pair of Cagewalks a while back, both XL...I did a review of the brown ones...Never got around to trying on and fighting in the black ones just yet because I just stuck them in my drawers, why bother tearing up a new pair of shorts, right? Well, I had no clean fight clothes the other day, so I busted out the black ones...

I said the brown ones were a bit tight around the hips, but it wasn't too much of a problem...well, the black ones fit me perfect...just like my Clinch Gears or my Truths v 2.0's...ample ample hip/thigh room; so when I kicked, I felt negatory stress on the seams, unlike the brown ones I got...

Cagewalk's obviously got a bit a quality control issue in terms of labeling...otherwise, fine shorts...and they indeed feel like angel kisses, at least the black ones moreso than the brown ones I got...

that price is really good, since i'm a poor hobo i think I'll buy them.

I am still lovin mine most comfortable peice of clothing I have.

Just got two pairs and rolled with them first time tonight. Great shorts. I am not a fan of the seem down the side, but for the price I couldn't pass it up. They are sweet, comfortable, wick sweat well, look cool without making you look like an ass because you have a huge logo on your butt, and their closure works very well.

I am 6', 190lbs, 34 inch waste. Large fits like a charm. Thanks Cagewalk!

I still want some new nogi's though.

Does anyone have an idea when there might be a Cagewalk rashguard coming out? I didn't find anything on their website. I thought I'd see if anyone here had already heard something before sending them (Cagewalk) what might be the millionth e-mail about it.

You can try PM'ing Cagewalk on this forum...

Just got my pair, figured I would add to this rather than make a new thread...
haven't rolled with them yet, but not forseeing any difficulties
(previously only used sprawls, so we'll see how life is without the stretch panel)
Nice looking, fit well
(Got the Medium 30-32's, I'm 6'3.25'' 213 Lbs)
Seem pretty sturdy, a few more loose threads than the sprawls had, but not too many.

Initial thoughts:
Nice shorts, well worth the 22 (shipped) I paid for them.
Impressed at how much the Sprawl logo on the front weighs, these are noticably lighter!
Fingers crossed re: flex panel
I'm gonna roll tonight, so will add more if anything of note comes up.

EDIT: back from rolling <stretching, 35 minutes of drills, hour of rolling>
Worked just fine, no issues with the lack of flex panel...
lifted afterwards, obviously no problem there, very satisfied with my 22 dollar purchase!

It's funny how people stress out about no stretch panel...when in fact, the first Sprawls (as well has a HOST of other fight short companies) didn't have stretch panels in the beginning and they all sold just fine...the original Sprawls basically just differentiated themselves from regular board shorts in that they had extra reinforced stitching, more leg room, and a different closure system; no split seams, no flex panels, no elastic waistband (which is funny how shorts shifted away from elastic waistbands and now have trended back into having them)...hell, original Sprawls didn't even have a gusseted crotch (originally introduced by modeling fight shorts after rock-climbing shorts for added flexibility/durability)...

In fact, nobody really made a "split seam" until they first saw Frank Mir wear custom modified Sprawls and begun demanding it...nor did they make flex panels until Clinchgear first made them to substitute split seams for a more stylish and low-profile look...

Just a bit of history for everyone :-D

hey man,l have to agree with what everything VU has said.Many fight shorts out there worked just fine with out the flex panel.

Can you only buy these on the Cagewalk website or is there somewhere else?

If there's somewhere else you can buy them, it's new news to me...and probably most people on this website...

Yeah I can't find them anywhere else but the large black shorts are sold out on the site and I'd like to order them as soon as I can.

I just got the shorts today. They're OK nothing super special but the price. I'm gonna use them tonight at my Gym and then Muay Thai so I can really see what they're made of. I just like how they feel really thin, oh wells my feelings might change when try them out. They're a little big though too.

I've had my cagewalks for a month now, and today after training I noticed a ripped seam (about big enough of a hole to pass a quarter through) in the front of the shorts. I don't know if cagewalk has some sort of guarantee or anything, but I've currently sent them an email about it and I'm awaiting a reply. I'll keep everybody up to date. I hope I just got a pair of unlucky shorts, since it seems everybody else has had good experiences with these so far.

your pics make them look nicer then the web sit pictures. thank for those

I just heard back from Cagewalk, they said they'll replace my ripped shorts!

Whooo!

I honestly didn't expect that to happen, but I can't say that I'm not excited about it.

Just to let everybody know that per CageWalk Customer Service they are due to get new inventory by mid March. The only changes will be a slight alteration to the cut of the shorts. The cut will be just slightly less generous in the size. These were their exact words so I would assume they won't be as baggy or long. Also, they have no intentions of adding grappling tops to the line.

Bump - any word on new inventory? Website still shows all out.

I have had two pair of my cagewalk shorts rip in the same spot. It was a small rip by the fly with less than a months use. I got one pair replaced but I am kinda sick of sending gear back.

That's the same spot my original rip had occurred. I haven't had a rip problem yet in my pair they sent as a replacement, but I honestly haven't really used them that much since I've gotten them in.

Back