Can you tell Chinese/Japanese/Korean people apart?

This test is retarded. It's taking the most ambiguous looking Asian fuckers and not how the average Chinese, Korean, and Japanese person looks, so of course it's going to be a bit difficult.

I mean the average can be bad... But lets be fair here is not like even the asians are much better at it, these are relatively close populations. Its like asking for someone guess if a white dude is dutch, german or english, sure there are some features that are more common in some of this groups but still there is a grey line in it where some phenotypes are common in most places. Its not like we are comparing the average norwegian with the average italian in here, more like the average norwegian with the average brit

It can be bad, but what they choose to call bad is pretty subjective. It's kind of a glass half full/glass half empty thing. it's however you want to look at it. They chose to look harshly and say the average is bad. Or they could say it's just okay as it's the average and therefor likely common, or just say it's good as it's really hard to do, especially if you may not be as familiar with the topic.

Those all look pretty distinctly different to me, but I don't fall into the average category, so there's that. I'm also Dutch and am fairly well acquainted with both German and English people.

Lol. I got 3.

reminds me of chapelle's stand up when the korean went off at him

"HEY I am Korean. Do I look chinese?"
"yes mother fucker you do. some people say all black people look a like, we call them cops"

Slavic people, Scandinavian people, western European, southern European, etc. All look different. Just because people are a part of the same continent does not mean they are all the same.

There are definitely commonly occurring facial features between different Asians peoples to tell them apart. Obviously not everyone fits into the generalized 'look'.

Yeah, but can you tell a Czech person from a Slovak on sight? Can you tell a Norwegian person from a Swede or a Dane on sight? I don't think so.

Your comparison is basically: "well Indonesians and Koreans look different".

I got 3, lol.
Tbh, i likely wouldn't be able to tell various Europeans apart either.
Or Africans.
Or Central/South Americans.

<Fedor23>

I got a 6 but tbh I got really bored by like number 5 and rushed through

I am bad at just based on appearances because it's not what I used to tell apart. I use by far the easiest is accent. And if they are not speaking or speak perfect English then I move on to body language.

Older people are very easy to tell apart, younger people are tougher because at the age of internet and globalization, people are becoming more similar in clothing and behaviour at least in East Asia.

Lol grew up, work with, friends with Chinese, Korean and Japanese people. I can tell pretty easily, but there are always difficult cases which make up maybe 5%. That survey was all of that 5% so it’s pretty bullshit.

LMAO this sounds terrible but I know what you're saying. However, I think this is more to do with socio-economics and there being more lower middle class Chinese tourists than Japanese or Korean. My impression is more well to do Chinese nationals don't fit the rude, cheap, pushy stereotype that Chinese tourists have.

You make an accurate point. I agree, it is mostly a socio-economic element.

Vietnamese has to be the hardest since they can pass off as Cambodian/Thai/Laos or Chinese

I got 8 but i guessed a few and got lucky. Thats tough. Then again we could do this other races and fail hard.

I never gonna understand,
why the TS - OP doesn't get the likes
that he should , but only the first
"5-10 SMART - CLEVER" comments ... !?

Back