International Canada’s First Prime Minister John A Macdonald Statue Torn down today

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Sad to see.

There were over 300 bodies of kidnapped and murdered aboriginal children being discovered at former Residential Schools.

Now they’re taking down Founding Fathers of Canada.

Is there still George Washington Statues up in America?

Are those coming down?

I’m an immigrant by the way but l love Canada.

I came here when I was 2.

Why Are those people Cheering?

He died a long time ago. How will this improve Their lives?

Sad to see.

There were over 300 bodies of kidnapped and murdered aboriginal children being discovered at former Residential Schools.

Are those coming down?

Christopher Columbus the "Founder" of America statues have been taken down. It's not a big deal

Sad to see.

Are those coming down?

Was Old MacDonald responsible for the incident at the school? I thought that happened in more recent history? I didn't watch the video.

Waste of time and resources. But pat yourself on the back kids.

N6KYg4h.jpeg

A bit harsh but..

Now people who founded the country are being torn down.

Not cool.

In this case it’s small children who were raped and murdered.

Not adults who lost in a fair fight.

Was Old MacDonald responsible for the incident at the school? I thought that happened in more recent history? I didn't watch the video.

Residential schools started in 1831.

Sad to see.

Are those coming down?

Tearing down statues of the architects of an attempted genocide is really such a small gesture towards reconciliation. If the govt won't do it, the people can do it for them.

"One “primary cause” of mortality was infectious disease, especially tuberculosis, in crowded, often-unsanitary quarters, says a report for the commission by Lakehead University anthropologist Scott Hamilton. Physical and sexual abuse, neglect and malnutrition were also common at the schools, the commission and survivors have reported. Deaths became “increasingly rare” after the 1940s, Hamilton wrote.

The evidence suggests that what the radar found in Kamloops was a roughshod cemetery — not a mass grave as some media reported — indicating a few deaths per year over decades, said Tracy Rogers, a forensic anthropologist at the University of Toronto."

John A. Macdonald was responsible for tuberculosis?

Would have been better if Canada’s queen owned up to colonization and ethnic cleansing and removed some statues etc proactively. This current movement might erase all the history good bad and ugly.

"One “primary cause” of mortality was infectious disease, especially tuberculosis, in crowded, often-unsanitary quarters, says a report for the commission by Lakehead University anthropologist Scott Hamilton. Physical and sexual abuse, neglect and malnutrition were also common at the schools, the commission and survivors have reported. Deaths became “increasingly rare” after the 1940s, Hamilton wrote.

The evidence suggests that what the radar found in Kamloops was a roughshod cemetery — not a mass grave as some media reported — indicating a few deaths per year over decades, said Tracy Rogers, a forensic anthropologist at the University of Toronto."

John A. Macdonald was responsible for tuberculosis?
Read the TCR reports, there were higher mortality rates and much more than just TB.

Kamloops reported 51 deaths during it's operation, the grave wether a mass grave or not is over 4 times the reported deaths.

These people's parents probably weren't perfect either. They should delete their own parents and film it.

Would have been better if Canada’s queen owned up to colonization and ethnic cleansing and removed some statues etc proactively. This current movement might erase all the history good bad and ugly.

What's being erased??

If anything this movement is ADDING to history to include all the genocidal stuff that was excluded.

Back