News *****Cancelled*****Jake Paul vs Hasim Rahman Jr. Aug.6th Showtime PPV

Did Tommy Fury duck Jake Paul?

• Total voters
Looks like hes punching with 20lbs dumbbells lol. I hope this was the end of training and he was spent already.

Dont know how old this is but looks like he has one hell of a weight cut coming.
Lmao

Total con they knew the weight they were forcing on him was probably unachievable

Lol, this is ridic. How is he not able to cut 9lbs in a week? Can't even blame Paul for one, upping it to 205 was extremely generous. Rahman cost himself the biggest fight and payday he'll ever get and in 2 years he'll be back to 5k per fight as a journeyman.

Just talked to Hasim's uncle. He said it is as simple as that. the weight. he also said that he thought he had plenty of time to make it. That leads me to believe it is probably like a lot of people said, he doesn't have that dog in him. if he did, he had time to make it . seems like he just decided it would be too hard

Lol, this is ridic. How is he not able to cut 9lbs in a week? Can't even blame Paul for one, upping it to 205 was extremely generous. Rahman cost himself the biggest fight and payday he'll ever get and in 2 years he'll be back to 5k per fight as a journeyman.
9 pounds in a week is a tough weight cut, probably would have to dehydrate himself to the point where his performance would be bad giving Paul a chance of winning.

Seems true

- Would not lose more than 10% of his body weight over the four weeks leading up to the fight.
- Weight check on July 7th was 216lbs.

Since when has the NYAC been that stringent on weight cuts? Surely, they have seen lightweight boxers cut more than 13.5 lbs within a month of a fight?

I have a feeling both Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson cut more than 20.5 lbs within four weeks before their UFC fight in Buffalo

Last edited:
Meh. Jake vs Silva is the money fight and now that will happen in Step I bet. Jake should jump on the Mexican holiday in Step and start getting the Mexican fans behind him.

It had some warning signs from 0-0 fighters to 16-1 is a big step up.
He should just fight at Cruiser or LHW. I don't really care for him fighting at heavy. There's gonna be so many weight problems. Most in his weight division will be at cruiser ... maybe Wilder if he skips leg day

I was gonna say 9lbs in a week is easy but most of you don't agree so meh.

9 pounds in a week is a tough weight cut, probably would have to dehydrate himself to the point where his performance would be bad giving Paul a chance of winning.

Up past a certain point any additional pound is going to be tough, all depends on where Rahman was at. But from the above statement it looks like he signed for 200 and couldn't even be bothered to try for 205; that's just being lazy imo.

He was 216 more than 2 weeks out and now he was at 214 so it doesn't seem that extreme. The problem is he'll likely never have a big profile fight again so might as well do your best to try and cut even if you have a chance of not fully getting there in the end.

Everyone knew about why the rehydration clauses was in place; Canelo does it all the time to bigger opponents. You're a HW boxer, who's been around boxing all your life and the son of a 2x HW fighter, fighting a smaller guy with 4 years of dedicated training at best for a golden payday that won't show up again (it only did cause of happenstance anyway) and you're like "nah I'm done cutting" a week out?

Just talked to Hasim's uncle. He said it is as simple as that. the weight. he also said that he thought he had plenty of time to make it. That leads me to believe it is probably like a lot of people said, he doesn't have that dog in him. if he did, he had time to make it . seems like he just decided it would be too hard
Or, he was going to get his ass beaten by a youtuber

Back