News *****Cancelled*****Jake Paul vs Hasim Rahman Jr. Aug.6th Showtime PPV

Did Tommy Fury duck Jake Paul?

• Total voters
Damn. I was actually looking forward to seeing if Jake could pull this off. It would've told us much more about him in his first test against a legitimate boxer. I read the letter Jake's promotional company put out. They're blaming Rahman for everything naturally. However, as I said originally, that handicapping they were relying on was risky to begin with. Rahman had been saying that the weight was fine when it wasn't. Their plan the whole time was to come in at 215. I blame both of them for the event being cancelled but Rahman has to take more of the blame. He's the one that signed the contract and agreed to the terms. Lame.

new narrative: I'm calling out pro boxers but they won't fight me. so I'm going to fight a 155lb over the hill MMA fighter.

He's right. Cutting 10 pounds is standard and they had a week to diet down further to where the cut would've been even lighter. None of us knew that 3 weeks ago Rahman was 216 pounds and that he'd only lost a single pound in all that time. Their plan was to come in at 215 pounds the whole time and threaten to cancel the event if Jake didn't concede to it. Well, that backfired on them. Rahman's now out of the biggest payday of his career and the whole event's been canceled. Jake chose the wrong dance partner.

Paul needs to stop fucking around with bums no one wants to see and book a fight with Silva. Let's go.

Eubank Jr wants to take the fight

Yes. Guys like him exactly. Because there are wait classes and standards established to ensure matched opponents fight.

9 pounds in a week is a tough weight cut, probably would have to dehydrate himself to the point where his performance would be bad giving Paul a chance of winning.
Just got in and saw this.

A gallon of water is 8.2 pounds.
That is same-day shit if he's already down to 214. Cut another 6/7 pounds now 'til Thursday and then sweat out the last 8 Friday. This makes no sense.
I think he was a lot higher than 214. A LOT higher.
Wasn't he recently 260 in a fight?

Fingers crossed anderson silva steps in last minute to save the day like he did at UFC 200. I don’t think jake wants that fight though. Silva is light years ahead of him.

Just got in and saw this.

A gallon of water is 8.2 pounds.
That is same-day shit if he's already down to 214. Cut another 6/7 pounds now 'til Thursday and then sweat out the last 8 Friday. This makes no sense.
I think he was a lot higher than 214. A LOT higher.
Wasn't he recently 260 in a fight?
Rahman is 215 pounds right now. Apparently the commission just bumped the weight limit up to 205 pounds and Jake's team okayed it. He would've had a week to drop 10 pounds which could've easily been cut same day. The NYSAC checked his weight initially (3 weeks ago) and then again yesterday. It turns out that these past few weeks he only ever lost less than a pound. Clearly his plan this whole time was to come in at 215 pounds regardless of the contractual stipulations. By informing Jake's team about this at the last minute it put them in dire straits. They either had to make that concession or cancel the fight. They chose the latter.
FY9B4q2WAAEyTWj

Jake's team should've met them in the middle at 210 pounds. Rahman then would've only had to lose 5 pounds in a week. That's what probably should've happened here. Both sides were trying to game the other, Jake with his handicapping and Rahman ignoring making the contracted weight. At least then the fight could've potentially gone on. I was also looking forward to seeing Brandun Lee fight and even the Serrano fight. It might be too late to salvage the event at this stage. I doubt Jake accepts Eubank Jr's offer to step in last minute.

Last edited:
Paul needs to stop fucking around with bums no one wants to see and book a fight with Silva. Let's go.
Silva is way too experienced for Jake at this point in time. I would much rather see Jake fight Nate Diaz.

My God I'm so over this Jake Paul shit. Silva will probably show up next weekend at 205 if Jake gives him a call right now. It's not like there's going to be a difference between a week and three months when it comes to preparing for him.

Jake's team should've met them in the middle at 210 pounds. Rahman then would've only had to lose 5 pounds in a week. That's what probably should've happened here. Both sides were trying to game the other, Jake with his handicapping and Rahman ignoring making the contracted weight. At least then the fight could've potentially gone on. I was also looking forward to seeing Brandun Lee fight and even the Serrano fight. It might be too late to salvage the event at this stage. I doubt Jake accepts Eubank Jr's offer to step in last minute.
Meet in the middle? What middle? The middle is the contract. Any negociation is to be done before the contract is signed, not after. That's the whole point of a contract.

Jake already went over the middle by ageeing to 5 more pounds. There's nothing more he "should" have done. The is the equivalent of a service provider saying "you've already paid the contracted price and even agreed to pay extra but unless you pay even more, the contract will be terminated". That's straight up bullshit.

Back