Cancelling student loans and how it affects you

So....do we have to APPLY for the forgiveness? I mean, just look at what i owe. If theres monies on there that can be forgiven, then just deduct it from the total?

But if i have to "enroll" in this...where is it.

Fa8CRFSWQAAMrN9.jpeg

What do you say to the taxpayers who paid for your education who don't agree with the wars of perpetuity we were involved in(The great majority)? They can just pay it and go fuck themselves, amirite?

Among 2-3 other things you touched on which I thought were pretty ironic, but from your response, I can tell it would be lost on you.

Dude, I don't even agree with the wars of perpetuity we are involved in and I consistently speak out against them to anyone that will listen. The great majority, however, clearly don't care enough to keep us out of them because it's mainly the poor that are affected. If it was up to me, I would've spent all that wasted GWOT money on providing our citizens quality healthcare and education, so on that much I think we agree on. In my case, when you're poor and from a broken family, the military is your quickest ticket out.

You sound so bitter.
I mean, naturally, yeah. lol. And the people who benefited are rightfully elated. Honestly, I do retract that "fuck everyone" bit that was a bit much. Saltiness aside, I would like to see the fundamental problems of our shit healthcare and education system fixed. However, how they went about this is what rubs me the wrong way.

To say wiping student debt is bad is quite hypocritical coming from a country that spends something like 800 billion dollars on it's DOD

Especially considering they just wiped tens of millions of PPP/stock-buyback debt of their (already incredible wealthy) senators/leaders in power.

Debt sucks. If an entire country had debt repayment money going towards goods and services instead, then everybody wins. Quit whining

Can I get a loan to make it rain at the titty bar and then get that loan canceled?

Dude, I don't even agree with the wars of perpetuity we are involved in and I consistently speak out against them to anyone that will listen. The great majority, however, clearly don't care enough to keep us out of them because it's mainly the poor that are affected. If it was up to me, I would've spent all that wasted GWOT money on providing our citizens quality healthcare and education, so on that much I think we agree on. In my case, when you're poor and from a broken family, the military is your quickest ticket out.

I was just pointing out that there's a lot of nuance there, and the things you benefitted from can very easily be thrown back in your face if not for the proverbial armor that is given to vets (Of which I am totally 100% behind). You were making a lot of assumptions, which all just sounded like re-ierated divisive media points.

You do realise that they paid the stimulus to everyone right? They didn't just pay it to the people who are already, statistically the highest earners in the country and say "Up yours, you get nothing" to everyone else.

But you cashed the check right?

As I said before, I am washing clothes for the coming week and listening to podcasts.

In your opinion... what is it that I should be talking about instead?
Not getting worked up over something that in no way, shape or form affects you.

I was just pointing out that there's a lot of nuance there, and the things you benefitted from can very easily be thrown back in your face if not for the proverbial armor that is given to vets (Of which I am totally 100% behind). You were making a lot of assumptions, which all just sounded like re-ierated divisive media points.

Yeah very true. I was drunk in a sub-par BBQ establishment when I wrote that so I will admit, I was out of line. I also apologize for calling you sweetness, although, I am sure you are an amicable enough fellow. lol. I do hope a more long-term, sustainable solution can be found to address the ridiculous cost of college tuition because I certainly don't want anymore of our young risking their lives in pointless wars just to have a chance at a decent life, which seems increasingly harder to attain. Peace man!

I mean, naturally, yeah. lol. And the people who benefited are rightfully elated. Honestly, I do retract that "fuck everyone" bit that was a bit much. Saltiness aside, I would like to see the fundamental problems of our shit healthcare and education system fixed. However, how they went about this is what rubs me the wrong way.

Lol i feel you man. You took a different path in life and so you should channel that as pride and not so much disdain for the others... It's something I sometimes struggle with, but life is better for me when I try to do that.

But back to politics: yes, this 10-20k isn't going to fix this college loan problem moving forward, and don't even get me started with how fucked up the healthcare system can be.

you care to explain yourself or you scared to show dumb you really are?

So a loan that went through Congress for businesses that were forced to shut down (with stipulations for forgiveness) is the same thing as a college student voluntarily signing for a loan in your opinion?

Back