• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Canelo Alvarez vs Jermell Charlo September 30th PBC Showtime PPV

him getting the fight its a fix in itself (he knows his role before signing)
dude didnt even try just watch the fight

Oh I do agree with part of what you're saying. he didn't seem to engage, proactive, or fight with a sense of urgency.

This is just ignorant. Floyd was constantly fighting bigger fighters.

Anyway, IMO this fight was more about Charlo fighting conservative than anything Canelo did. Canelo was alright, but he still has the same glaring weaknesses. Bad footwork, inability to cut off the ring, low punch output. He just showed why he will never beat Bivol. Charlo wasn't moving his head at all, he was there to be hit, but Canelo wasn't willing to throw more than three punch combos.
Def not like Pac was and that's my point. I've watched his entire career and can say that he was never fighting the same disparity that pac had. Oscar was bigger but wasn't as good as he was , Diego Corrlaes was a huge 130 but flawed and especially then. Floyd is no doubt a good boxer , but he picked a lot of those guys , many of those guys weren't the perennial killers of their divisions either.

Knowing very little about boxing personally, was there any chance at all of Charlo winning?

Going into the fight I was thinking he had a shot if he could keep it close through 6 or so and Canelo faded badly. After a round or two it was pretty clear that the strength difference was too much for that to happen.

Benavidez would stop Canelo, I'll say this , Canelo is a great fighter between 154, 160,168. But he's pushing his limits. I applaud him though , he's willing to move up. That's why I don't consider pbf to be goat. PBF just hovered around 147-154 and never fought any MD or guys with great size. Waited to fight pac when he wasn't the same and was much bigger than him. Canelo is willing to fight guys who physically out gun him , just like pac did.
Are you retarded?

Floyd is not legally allowed to fight above 154. The heaviest he’s ever weighed is 152 lbs. The second heaviest he’s ever weighed is 151 lbs. In the last fight of his career, he weighed 149 lbs. He started at 130 and could have stayed at 135 his whole career if he wanted to.

completely forgot about this

why does it feel like Canelo has reverted back to being a silent protagonist

Skeletal frame is smaller. Anyone can bump up their weight dont mean their frame can handle. Canelos frame is much denser - thats why he can move up and fight a LHW.

The main reason is probably doping, not the frame, i don't buy that.

But he's much more used to fight at heavier divisions than Charlo, hence why he easily won.

The main reason is probably doping, not the frame, i don't buy that.

But he's much more used to fight at heavier divisions than Charlo, hence why he easily won.

You ever fight or spar a much bigger boned guy? I can tell you from personal experience its just harder. Im a natural 185lbers with 20lbs muscle and it feels alot different going up against true LHW's than MW's (MMA weight). Did you even watch the video I timestamped? You can tell alot about a guy's frame by wrist and ankle as compared to their muscular frame. Does that mean all muscle guys with small frames cant fight? Absolutely not but it does play a pretty big factor

Benavidez would stop Canelo, I'll say this , Canelo is a great fighter between 154, 160,168. But he's pushing his limits. I applaud him though , he's willing to move up. That's why I don't consider pbf to be goat. PBF just hovered around 147-154 and never fought any MD or guys with great size. Waited to fight pac when he wasn't the same and was much bigger than him. Canelo is willing to fight guys who physically out gun him , just like pac did.
What are you rambling about? Floyd just hovered around 147-154? He spent 55-60% of his career between 130, 135, and 140. He was also a far more offensive fighter at the lower classes. I’m not even a big Floyd fan but the fact he was able to have major hand problems, throw most of his offensive style aside to deal with this, and still go take titles without losing at 147 and 154 is pretty amazing.

You can tell alot about a guy's frame by wrist and ankle as compared to their muscular frame.

It doesn't make sense : if your frame can't handle your muscles, you can't develop them in the first place as far as natty athletes are concerned.

Def not like Pac was and that's my point.
Weird thing to say considering Floyd was the one fighting guys at the full 154 limit while Pacquiao drained down every 154lber he fought. Nice of you to admit Floyd is a good boxer, though. Really generous praise there. But this thread is about Charlo and Canelo, no idea why you keep bringing up Floyd.

meh, benavidez is a big puncher so he could probably stop anyone at 168, but i seriously doubt it.

maybe, if they take another few years to make the fight, because canelo is nearing the end of his career... but then again benavidez might run into morrell in the meantime and get his ass handed to him there.

It doesn't make sense : if your frame can't handle your muscles, you can't develop them in the first place as far as natty athletes are concerned.

Not true. Ive always been light as a feather but blazing fast. I also develop fast twitch muscle really easily -guys used to think i was juicing in the weight room high school. But i was like a glass cannon -often injuring myself in football tackling people as my body wasnt built for the force i could create. Same in fighting thats why even in Thai boxing id move like a boxer because i couldnt withstand the stand and bang for long periods of time. Some people can develop huge fast twitch muscles on smaller skeletal frames. Look at 3/4 of the muscle heads who dont juice but just workout to get huge puffy arms and chest -but still look dainty. And generally they are when they come in a fight gym

Now we're saying the fight was fixed?

<36>

Some people can develop huge fast twitch muscles on smaller skeletal frames.

Ok so did you break your bones ? Because what's the advantage of having a larger frame then if people can still have the same muscle mass with a smaller frame ?

Ok so did you break your bones ? Because what's the advantage of having a larger frame then if people can still have the same muscle mass with a smaller frame ?

Broke my hand couple of times in fight and football. The older i got, and with a lifelong of lifting heavy, my bone density got better but to answer your question, well honestly there is no "One" simple answer. Its a multi-faceted equation. At the end of the day - Allls im saying is I was surprised when i saw Charlos frame next to Canelo -Ive never seen the Charlo bros so didnt really know what to expect. It played out as basically it "looked" it would -Canelo throwing like a battering ram even just at arms and shoulders, and Charlo looking tentative to throw much at all as to defend

So you're blind. There's a reason we're sitting here talking about how Charlo ran and not about how Canelo cornered Charlo and knocked him out.
Two different things...cutting off the ring, and knocking out your opponent. Not surprising you'd conflate them, but...

If Canelo couldn't cut off the ring, he wouldn't have landed like he did.

Rewatched Ramos vs. Lubin on mute. That commentary did a number on me (and a lot of other people).

Lubin's jab and body work got completely ignored. 115-113 Lubin is a legit score.

Not a robbery at all.

Back