Canelo Alvarez vs Jermell Charlo September 30th PBC Showtime PPV

Charlo maybe didn't enter the ring confident enough. If you get in such an anxious event, with doubts in the back of your mind, like " can I really perform well at that weight without having a previous match?"
"Will I get beaten like Errol??"
how can give it your all especially when the opponent turns out to be indeed a class above you.

To be fair Canelo also didn't get out of his comfort zone against Floyd.
Back then though he didn't have in his arsenal fighting forward and cutting the ring off and that's exactly what would take to beat Floyd.

He wasn't outclassed the way Charlo was and he didn't fight scared, but he did the same. In the biggest stage of his career he didn't give 110%.

I disagree. Charlo felt the power on his arms and gloves. He said the shot in the 7th round was the first time in a fight he got rocked

Reactions: Po
Benavidez would stop Canelo, I'll say this , Canelo is a great fighter between 154, 160,168. But he's pushing his limits. I applaud him though , he's willing to move up. That's why I don't consider pbf to be goat. PBF just hovered around 147-154 and never fought any MD or guys with great size. Waited to fight pac when he wasn't the same and was much bigger than him. Canelo is willing to fight guys who physically out gun him , just like pac did.

The guy is 5-7 fighting 6-0-6-3 monsters with a reach disadvantage

Benavidez would stop Canelo, I'll say this , Canelo is a great fighter between 154, 160,168. But he's pushing his limits. I applaud him though , he's willing to move up. That's why I don't consider pbf to be goat. PBF just hovered around 147-154 and never fought any MD or guys with great size. Waited to fight pac when he wasn't the same and was much bigger than him. Canelo is willing to fight guys who physically out gun him , just like pac did.
Benavidez couldnt fucking stop Caleb Plant

What? No, it’s the opposite. Jermall’s the aggressive one, Jermell is the boxer.
I just know that in more recent years, jermell has koed or at least dropped his opponent in every fight. Jermall was having more decisions. Jermell is usually a little more aggressive personality wise too but they both act pretty crazy. Jermell does have moments in fights where he'd look confused and would have low activity but jermell has also fought higher competition than jermall

I just know that in more recent years, jermell has koed or at least dropped his opponent in every fight. Jermall was having more decisions. Jermell is usually a little more aggressive personality wise too but they both act pretty crazy. Jermell does have moments in fights where he'd look confused and would have low activity but jermell has also fought higher competition than jermall
Besides the fact Jermall has a higher finish rate, being more aggressive doesn’t necessary mean getting more knockouts. You don’t get the KO by chasing the KO, you get it by methodically setting it up.

Besides the fact Jermall has a higher finish rate, being more aggressive doesn’t necessary mean getting more knockouts. You don’t get the KO by chasing the KO, you get it by methodically setting it up.
I said in more recent years. When jermell started training with Derrick james he became a ko artist. Jermall especially after he went to middleweight had several fights go to decision. Jermell even in the first tony Harrison and castano fight was able to inflict a lot of damage even when he didn't get the w

Judging by his smartass GIF response, it appears so.

I didn't think it was even up for debate who had fought the better quality of opposition between the twins, but then i remember that the other day i saw a comment on youtube that had Wilder top of someone's P4P list, so what do i know really.

Charlo bitched out. All talk, didnt take a chance in the whole fight, didnt try to win either. Lion.........................pfffff.

There is no one left for Canelo, he need to try and go up and redeem himself on Bivol, tall order!

Charlo bitched out. All talk, didnt take a chance in the whole fight, didnt try to win either. Lion.........................pfffff.

There is no one left for Canelo, he need to try and go up and redeem himself on Bivol, tall order!

There are plenty of people at 168 who Canelo could/should fight, he's not beating Bivol anyway.

Who would you choose for a competitive fight with him? Benavidez would have to be my number 1, after that im not sure who would truly be completive? And youd need a big name fighter also. I just dont know, hes kind of ran through the big name guys. Crawford has the highest ring IQ imo and boxing skill at current time (imo) and would be more competitive than Charlo BUT does he have the strength to make a difference?

Who would you choose for a competitive fight with him? Benavidez would have to be my number 1, after that im not sure who would truly be completive? And youd need a big name fighter also. I just dont know, hes kind of ran through the big name guys. Crawford has the highest ring IQ imo and boxing skill at current time (imo) and would be more competitive than Charlo BUT does he have the strength to make a difference?
Benavidez/Andrade winner, Morrell is better than his short pro career would imply, the other Charlo possibly. There's also some unification going on at MW. A unified or undisputed champ from one weight class below could be a credible challenge too. I exclude Munguia because he has shown nothing to suggest anything more than being a punching bag for Canelo.

Back