Rumored Canelo vs Bivol DAZN

Not a bad fight but lol if Canelo takes another belt at 175 only to relinquish it afterwards. There doesn’t seem to be a focused plan for him right now besides making money and building his brand. The unification with Plant at 168 should be next, followed by Benavidez and/or GGG 3. Then a proper campaign up at 175, not this cherry-pick titles only to relinquish them merry-go-round. It’s silly. If he fights Bicol and beats him, which he very well might do, he should keep the strap and defend it against the winner of Beterbiev/Smith Jr

I will not get my hopes up

Not a bad fight but lol if Canelo takes another belt at 175 only to relinquish it afterwards. There doesn’t seem to be a focused plan for him right now besides making money and building his brand. The unification with Plant at 168 should be next, followed by Benavidez and/or GGG 3. Then a proper campaign up at 175, not this cherry-pick titles only to relinquish them merry-go-round. It’s silly. If he fights Bicol and beats him, which he very well might do, he should keep the strap and defend it against the winner of Beterbiev/Smith Jr
Imagine calling Bivol a cherry pick. Get a god damn grip.

What happens if Caleb fights someone else and loses?
It could happen.

Reactions: JSN
An actually intriguing Canelo fight that's a rarity. We've only had Cotto, GGG and Jacobs in the last 6 years lol

Bivol would be a great matchup. Hopefully the Plant fight is dead we basically just saw it anyways with BJS who's more or less the same fighter just with better feet

This is just Hearn talking nonsense. Canelo will not simply replace a totally winnable fight for the undisputed title with an extremely dangerous unknown eastern european who might very well beat him.

Reactions: Ruv
I think Bivol is an easy fight for Canelo. Headhunting, low workrate euro fighter with mediocre power- Canelo eats him up. He's like a less versatile Golovkin, IMO.
Bivol murders him by not being a bum or 40 years old. Are you serious right now? Canelo won't even take the fight. This is just negociation tactics to get Plant.

Am I the only one who's more interested in this fight than the Plant fight? I feel like we all know Canelo is the best at 168, but LHW poses different challenges for Canelo and I'm intrigued to see what he continues to do there.

Bivol murders him by not being a bum or 40 years old. Are you serious right now? Canelo won't even take the fight. This is just negociation tactics to get Plant.
lol, right. Whats Bivol going to do? What has he done in his career that makes you think he beats a guy like Canelo?

Nothing is the answer to both of those questions.

Bivol is just another example of hipster fans picking the guy who has no shot to beat the P4P king because they believe the fight won't actually happen. I recall people saying he'd duck Callum Smith too.

No one that one dimensional is beating Canelo.

he doesnt fight at all like ggg

anyhow if this fight gets made it's better than a plant fight IMO
Meh, I don't see it. Canelo will beat him, then suddenly all Bivols fans will disappear and the talk will be that he was green or Canelo had some unfair advantage.
There's noting Bivol does that is going to make him come out on top against Canelo. Easy work .

Imagine calling Bivol a cherry pick. Get a god damn grip.

Damn you struggle with reading comp don’t you?

Canelo dropped the belt he had at 175... remember that? And now he wants to just jump right back to 175 to fight another title holder without taking on any other live bodies to earn his title shot..?

Fuck off if you think this is best practice. I’ve got no issue with dudes jumping up a division to fight for a belt. Brilliant!!! That’s what sport is all about.

But if you’re just going to go up to challenge for a belt with NO INTENTION TO DEFEND IT then get fucked!!!

I like Canelo. But I’m not a nut hugger. What’s best for him is not necessarily what’s best for the sport, controversial statement, I know

I don’t think boxing as a sport is well served by dudes just jumping weigh classes, gettting immediate title shots, and then vacating. Fuck that.

It makes a mockery of the sport and anyone who says otherwise is a cum guzzling sycophant

Meh, I don't see it. Canelo will beat him, then suddenly all Bivols fans will disappear and the talk will be that he was green or Canelo had some unfair advantage.
There's noting Bivol does that is going to make him come out on top against Canelo. Easy work .
ok but you've yet to address how he fights anything like GGG.

I think Bivol is an easy fight for Canelo. Headhunting, low workrate euro fighter with mediocre power- Canelo eats him up. He's like a less versatile Golovkin, IMO.

More like a bigger and less chinny Khan but I totally agree. Canelo either breaks him down and stops him or gets the timing down and KTFO

Back