Rumored Canelo vs Bivol DAZN

I think Bivol is an easy fight for Canelo. Headhunting, low workrate euro fighter with mediocre power- Canelo eats him up. He's like a less versatile Golovkin, IMO.

I wouldn’t say he’s similar to golovkin at all. He doesn’t hit as hard, but he’s more technical, efficient and accurate. He poses very different problems than GGG
Personally I’d say he’s far more versatile, and he’s bigger (though fairly small relative the division)

I like this, and nothing bad to be said about Canelo. Bivol is bigger and more proven than Plant IMO. I think only risk to Canelo at 175 and below is Beterbiev, who is getting old.

Probably some good up and comers, but even guys like Benevidez are unproven to an extent and are lazy slobs

Damn you struggle with reading comp don’t you?

Canelo dropped the belt he had at 175... remember that? And now he wants to just jump right back to 175 to fight another title holder without taking on any other live bodies to earn his title shot..?

Fuck off if you think this is best practice. I’ve got no issue with dudes jumping up a division to fight for a belt. Brilliant!!! That’s what sport is all about.

But if you’re just going to go up to challenge for a belt with NO INTENTION TO DEFEND IT then get fucked!!!

I like Canelo. But I’m not a nut hugger. What’s best for him is not necessarily what’s best for the sport, controversial statement, I know

I don’t think boxing as a sport is well served by dudes just jumping weigh classes, gettting immediate title shots, and then vacating. Fuck that.

It makes a mockery of the sport and anyone who says otherwise is a cum guzzling sycophant
You called fighting the best in the division a cherry pick and are crying about a super fight. It is beyond stupid.

Nah, he’s not wrong.
you really think Bivol fights like GGG? or are you saying he's right about something else?

And yeah GGG is a plodder and you’re not wrong either.

But Golovkin has a much more effective jab than Bivol despite all that because he varies its speed and mixes it up with a probing right hand.

Bivols a will be a easier fight than GGG for Canelo IMO. I wouldn’t mind being wrong mind you, as I’d like to see Caneko be punished for his naked careerist moves but I call them like I call them. He’s a great fighter and can win a fight more ways than Bivol. I hope I’m wrong

I just don't see him applying the same kind of pressure GGG does, Lemieux fight or no Lemieux fight and he definitely has better defense (or at least better than Post-Sanchez GGG). He's a diminished Arbachakov IMO, with less head movement and more wasteful footwork. Even the argument of how different their jabs are (and I agree GGG's is a lot better) kind of confirms what I'm saying, which is that Bivol and GGG aren't very similar as fighters.

either way, I think people are underestimating Bivol, I'm gonna pick him to win. I think he's gonna be a lot harder to dislodge from the top at LHW than people think, even if his resume is underwhelming.

who the hell is Carlos Gongora? I'm not thrilled by a Ryder fight either. Of those three only Bivol interests me.

He can fuck right off, Ryder is gonna be Morrell Jr's next victim!

Gorgonzola is not an opponent Canelo should be fighting either.

He can fuck right off, Ryder is gonna be Morrell Jr's next victim!

Gorgonzola is not an opponent Canelo should be fighting either.
yeah lmao of those opponents Bivol is the only real name. Maybe they have others flaoting in the background, but Bivol is the only interesting fight they've made public.

Why are so many people throwing Andre’s name around? Are they that desperate for him to pull out of the fight at the last minute?
I'll have you know that Demetrious is working his ass off right now to get another illegal gun that he'll inevitably be caught with which will lead to the fight getting cancelled with like 2 days to go.

Why are so many people throwing Andre’s name around? Are they that desperate for him to pull out of the fight at the last minute?

You're both right and lol at the same time.
They’re throwing his name around because he’s one of Eddies boys and a relatively marketable body they can sell as a credible threat to casuals stateside ... who’s not actually a threat to Canelo at all.

Canelo would look like a killer while murdering Andrade.

But don’t get it twisted. This is exactly what Andrade has spent the last 10 years looking for: a big cash out fight.

He represents everything that I hate about boxing. A guy who’s only goal is to protect his undefeated record in order to secure one (1) eight figure payday an nope the fuck out of the sport. He has no ambition. None.

Used to be a fan but I’m done with him. Don’t even want to see Canelo whoop him as I don’t think Andrade deserves the payday or shine. Would rather that platform go to GGG, Charlo, or Benavidez. Fuck Boo Boo

I only saw Bivol against Smith, he looked like an accurate 1-2 guy. I know they mentioned him talking about moving down to 168lbs. during that fight so I wonder if Canelo would move up or if he would move down like Dawson/Ward.

Bivol is a huge challenge and a guy who several people have suggested Canelo has been ducking over the last little while. He's an athletic guy with quick feet and pretty solid fundamentals. Not only will his size give Canelo issues, but he's athletic and stylistically fairly challenging in that he can box and move. He doesn't have the best resume, but there's a reason why everyone see him as a top 2 LHW (and by some margin). This could easily be a bridge too far for Canelo and I would be a little surprised if he actually takes this fight with so many other options at SMW.

Bivol is the most dangerous fighter Canelo can fight, those who say he is an easy fight for Canelo simply haven’t seen him enough or don’t get why it’s a bad clash of styles. I think people bashing Bivol are basing this on his last fight but at his best he is extremely dangerous. In and out, quick, combinations and powerful. Not to mention naturally the bigger guy.

way, way, waaaay more dangerous fight than Plant, BJS, Callum, Charlo, etc.

Canelo will have to look significantly quicker and take more risks than he has in the past if he is to beat Bivol.

Bivol’s two main weaknesses are that he can become a bit mechanical, machine like in his boxing and combinations. He can start inspired and strong but then settles into this autopilot rhythm and he just coasts.

the other thing is he gets a bit too repetitive with his backing straight up. Since he is so fast, he is used to simply jumping back to avoid all incoming fire, normally a bad mistake but since he is so fast he gets away with it. Canelo can catch him there.

this would be by far my favorite fight to make right now for canelo, has been my dream match for a while now.

Both guys are awesome.

Bivol is a huge challenge and a guy who several people have suggested Canelo has been ducking over the last little while. He's an athletic guy with quick feet and pretty solid fundamentals. Not only will his size give Canelo issues, but he's athletic and stylistically fairly challenging in that he can box and move. He doesn't have the best resume, but there's a reason why everyone see him as a top 2 LHW (and by some margin). This could easily be a bridge too far for Canelo and I would be a little surprised if he actually takes this fight with so many other options at SMW.

Props to Ginger if he goes after Bivol. Can’t wait to hear all those who’ll call this cherry picking.

Back