Economy Carbon tax hike takes effect today,Trudeau slams Liberal premiers Over criticism of carbon tax

This plus the OECD forecast for Canada's next 50 years, Canada will become a 3rd world banana republic in the very near future.

Any Canadian with half a brain and any resources should be planning an exit strategy.

edit; and add the increasing authoriarianism to make it even more dangerous to be Canadian

2021_12_OECDProjections_Fig2a.png

i've been skeptical of economists ever since I heard paul krugman predict that the internet will be no greater than the fax machine, and that bitcoin 'is shit'. Usually the pros are right, sometimes they're wrong. I instantly recognized his name because I remembered all the college text books were written by him.

I don't know what to do when things devolve into my expert vs your expert though. Majority rules I guess.
This whole idea and concept to save the earth that you have put a tax on a working citizen isn't just ridicules it makes no sense.

If you watch every video from CTV News or CityNews,Global News, CNN.
They added a disclaimer.

Climate change refers to long-term shifts in temperatures and weather patterns. Human activities have been the main driver of climate change, primarily due to the burning of fossil fuels like coal, oil and gas.
OIL, GAS, Coal is what functions human societies as a whole LOL.

Without those three important elements.
We would all living in the dark ages.

Global Temperatures over the 500 Millions.
Yet they blame Human Activities

graph-from-scott-wing-620px.png

Brought to you by the WEF... With... Bill Gates?

The Mr Bill Gates who's been buying up farm land?

WEF: Food Production is bad

WEF: Too many people is bad

Solution: Cut Food Production to Decrease the Population?

??

C'mon Canada... up your protest game

And seriously... You should never see the G7 Conference the same again after COVID and what they're doing in the name of Climate Change

e70ef86e-b5cf-4d83-b7a3-0a90c893cbde.jpg

This whole idea and concept to save the earth that you have put a tax on a working citizen isn't just ridicules it makes no sense.

They added a disclaimer.

hold up, so the average temperatures today are COOLER than 50 million years ago? dafuq

They added a disclaimer.

The funny thing is they piss off and hurt the people that they actually need to inact the change they say they want.

The cost is inevitably going to fall on the customer . It's more expensive to get tradesman to site now, equipment, operation costs and so forth.

You want your entire building retrofitted to heat pumps ? Well guess what , it's 30% more then it was last year .

The funny thing is they piss off and hurt the people that they actually need to inact the change they say they want.

The cost is inevitably going to fall on the customer . It's more expensive to get tradesman to site now, equipment, operation costs and so forth.

You want your entire building retrofitted to heat pumps ? Well guess what , it's 30% more then it was last year .
Yup and dont forget this whole nonsense is coming from the same people that are pushing "ESG/DEI polices,agenda driven based scoring for companies"

When they scream about the environment they dont actually mean it.

hold up, so the average temperatures today are COOLER than 50 million years ago? dafuq
Excuse my interruption, while not as warm as paleocene-eocene thermal maximum 50+ million years ago, which left fossils of palm trees and crocodiles in the Canadian arctic (unaffected by continental drift), ...
It also would heat the world to a level approaching that of the early Eocene period, 52 million to 56 million years ago, when palm trees grew as far north as Alaska and crocodiles swam in the Arctic. Mammals survived Eocene temperatures; this is when early primates appeared.

... it was also warmer than today 5000 years ago, evidenced by this stump 100 km north of the present day arctic circle.
tree-stump-climate.jpg

And it was also warmer 1000 years ago when vikings grew Barley in Greenland (too cold to do that today).

That's why I stated earlier in this thread that a Carbon Tax is better than carbon regulations, because when Canadians can see directly how hard they are being hit in the pocket book, they will start reading some real science and see how badly they are being scammed.

In the old days, people used to do human sacrifice so that the witch doctor would improve the weather. Are people going to give all they have to our politician witch doctors to improve the weather?

Last edited:
This plus the OECD forecast for Canada's next 50 years, Canada will become a 3rd world banana republic in the very near future.

Any Canadian with half a brain and any resources should be planning an exit strategy.

edit; and add the increasing authoriarianism to make it even more dangerous to be Canadian
Always with the gloom and doom, yet Canada beat expectations

Sure there are some concerns of productivity, but Canada's outlook looks resilient

When I was 8-9 years old, I was trying to convince my parents to buy me the Atari 2600 gaming console, they said it was too much money. I replied "Well why don't you just swipe the Visa and that's that". I never realized that money had to actually be paid back. That's Truedope till this day.
Ironically, his father was in office back then.

I’m going to give everyone on Sherdog $500 but first you guys need to give me $550 each.
I wish it was that close. I lose out even without factoring the increases as a result of shipping costs going up.

Always with the gloom and doom, yet Canada beat expectations

Sure there are some concerns of productivity, but Canada's outlook looks resilient

Yup, I am pretty pessimistic.

The long term issue is we compete with the US, not compliment the US like Mex does so we are currently missing out on the reindusterilization of NA. Peter Zeihan makes this case very well.

Plus the house of cards of our immigration policy is calling apart with as many as 1/3 of new Canadians leaving.

Add to this the decreasing productivity vs. the US over the last 20 years.

I wish it was that close. I lose out even without factoring the increases as a result of shipping costs going up.

I run my own electrical company and it is cheaper for me to send someone into the city to pick up material/parts than it is to pay the shipping company now.

Yup, I am pretty pessimistic.

The long term issue is we compete with the US, not compliment the US like Mex does so we are currently missing out on the reindusterilization of NA. Peter Zeihan makes this case very well.

Plus the house of cards of our immigration policy is calling apart with as many as 1/3 of new Canadians leaving.

Add to this the decreasing productivity vs. the US over the last 20 years.

I thought you was moving to Ohio and becoming one of us

on principle alone its retarded, god have mercy on the fools fooled by this narrative
The funny thing is that nobody is fooled by it. This issue alone is destroying him up here, and he's doubling down. He's not working for Canada, that's for damn sure.

Didn't he give himself a raise the same day too?

<36>

Clown putting nails in his coffin for sure. I wish him the worst in post-office life.

Back