(also eaten after a 12 hour fast)

Last edited:
Day 7 Wednesday 1/9/2019

1 lb 9 oz of tri-tip + sirloin
Bone broth with 1/2 lb of tripe + ox tail
6 g fish oil

B43nOwX.jpg

Day 8 Thursday 1/10/2019

I think a status update is due now that I'm past the first week of the Carnivore Diet.

According to my Ketostix, there's a high concentration of ketones in my urine - I got a hue between brown and dark purple on the stick. Energy-wise, I feel a lot better now than I was when I was doing keto. I don't feel like a sore wreck upon awakening, and oddly enough, my mouth is not dry like it used to be in my keto days. I cut out all energy drinks, pre-workout powders, and diet colas from my diet and cut my caffeine consumption in half (or perhaps even more) and don't experience the mid-day slump or food coma after eating anymore. Anxiety has gone down considerably and my mood has never been any more stable than before.

Now, the only remaining problems left unaffected are my knee and lower back pain, but I think it's a little too early for the healing process to begin since I'm not past the adaptation phase yet.

I started my morning with a cup of bone broth seasoned with a heaping amount of pink Himalayan salt and freshly grounded black pepper.

Tonight I'll be eating a huge meal and begin a two-day fast afterwards, which will be broken Saturday evening.

1 lbs 9 oz of tri-tip + sirloin
1 cup of bone broth
.250 g of Norwegian mackerel

Last edited:
Day 10 Saturday Jan 12, 2019

Morning weight: 207.5 lbs

Breaking my fast tonight.

1.5 lb ribeye
1 lb sirloin
.250 g Norwegian mackerel

Last edited:
Day 11 Sunday Jan 13, 2019

3 lbs New York + Sirloin
3 grams of desiccated liver
6 grams of fish oil

I assume that like most other readers of this forum the carnivore diet is retarded and has no basis in rational thought or science.

What is desiccated liver? Is it dried like jerky?

I assume that like most other readers of this forum the carnivore diet is retarded and has no basis in rational thought or science.

uvJxomK.jpg

Look into it, bro

images

@wufabufa This is the desiccated liver I'm taking at the moment. I bought it from Vitamin Shoppe. The damnedest thing, I didn't notice that red stripe on the bottom of the label with the word GLANDULAR til now.

Subscribed and proud of you, bud. If self-denial isn't a pillar of the human experience then nothing is.

Subscribed and proud of you, bud. If self-denial isn't a pillar of the human experience then nothing is.

Thanks. I'm the farthest thing from an ascetic monk, but I do know that there are some things that my body doesn't need nor my mind needs to experience. Drugs and junk food are bad, mmmkay?

Few more tweaks to the diet:

• Eggs are back on the menu
  • Butter will be acceptable for cooking
My anxiety continues to plummet and my OCD is almost nonexistent at the moment. My knees and lower back are finally getting better as well. I don't feel hazy when I wake up and as I've mentioned before, no dry mouth whatsoever. Also, I haven't taken a single nap on this diet since my energy is stable throughout the whole day.

All my cravings for sweets and junk food have been eliminated. There's nothing I want to put in my stomach that won't nourish me and help me recover from my training sessions.

Day 12 Monday 1/14/2019

1 kg New York
1/4 lb bacon
6 eggs sunny side up
2 cups bone broth
3 g desiccated liver
6 g fish oil

A few more status updates:

• My adrenal fatigue is GONE. G-O-N-E. Mental fog is eliminated as well.
  • My sleep quality improved by leaps and bounds. I feel incredibly well-rested in the morning.
  • My hair stopped thinning out. I couldn't believe nor expected this. I think this is due to the drastic reduction in anxiety and stress.
  • My skin is clearing up. Acne on chest, face, and back are slowly disappearing.
  • Joints are feeling more fluid and mobile.
  • My blood pressure decreased and I feel less winded while training at high intensities.
  • I'm no longer prone to depressive thoughts nor does my mind race at night due to insomnia. This is a miracle since I suffer from bipolar disorder and OCD.
  • I no longer have sharp pangs of hunger while fasting. On some days, I don't even feel hungry at all even though I haven't eaten in a long time.

I took a practice MENSA IQ test the other night to evaluate my mental ability. The results were not too bad...

0yd3W6f.png

I'm going to schedule an appointment for the actual test pretty soon.

Last edited:
Day 13 Tuesday 1/15/2019

1 kg New York
3 g desiccated liver
6 g fish oil
1 cup bone broth

Day 14 Wednesday 1/16/2019

1 lb bacon
6 eggs sunny side up
250 g Norwegian Mackerel
3 g desiccated liver

Day 15 Thursday 1/17/2019

1 kg of New York + Ribeye cooked in bacon grease
6 eggs sunny side up
3 g d. liver
6 g fish oil

Sounds like you're going strong. I know you've been eating some fish. Are you into shellfish or crustaceans?

Sounds like you're going strong. I know you've been eating some fish. Are you into shellfish or crustaceans?

Not really. I'm not too fond of eating seafood, but I'll eat crab or lobster if given the opportunity. Fried shrimp with cocktail sauce isn't bad, but obviously I can't eat it anymore due to the breading. The only reason I eat mackerel is for their high fat content and it was the only type of fish I tolerated eating while growing up.

Back